Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

GBstoic

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2016
Has anyone had problems manually transferring music from iTunes to iPhone? My iPhone isn't even showing up in the sidebar in iTunes, Ive followed all the support guidance but it hasn't resolved my issue so I can't add any new music to my iPhone :(
At some point recently I had to update my version of iTunes before I could use my device. I can’t remember whether that was for 13.4.1 or the 13.4.5 beta though.

oilers780

Cancelled
Apr 15, 2020
Hey! Such incidents are bothering me a lot. Basically, it is happening on WhatsApp, WeChat, Camera (black screen), TransferWise, and so forth. Additionally, the videos only play with sound on a black screen on YouTube, Facebook, Messenger, etc.

iPhone 11 (iOS 13.4.1)

Nah. It does not fix the issues always and permanently!!!

I was thinking about waiting for the next update to fix it. If not, maybe a factory reset with a restore via iCloud. Worst case, I thought they would have to replace the iPhone.

Reactions: La BESTIA

La BESTIA

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2020
I was thinking about waiting for the next update to fix it. If not, maybe a factory reset with a restore via iCloud. Worst case, I thought they would have to replace the iPhone.

Spot-on! I am actually tolerating these pains in the hope of seeing iOS 13.5 in the foreseeable future. In the bracket, last week, I performed the factory reset, followed by logging in with my Apple ID, meaning that I had all my apps and settings back. Long story short, those issues are keeping taking place!

Reactions: oilers780

oilers780

Cancelled
Apr 15, 2020
Spot-on! I am actually tolerating these pains in the hope of seeing iOS 13.5 in the foreseeable future. In the bracket, last week, I performed the factory reset, followed by logging in with my Apple ID, meaning that I had all my apps and settings back. Long story short, those issues are keeping taking place!

I know the timing couldn't be worse, but I would try to replace your iPhone if iOS 13.5 doesn't solve it. I was looking around for a backup iPhone for myself to use, but I may have to use some crap Android phone I have lying around (2 hrs of battery if anything).

I am preparing to replace mine under warranty. If yours is under warranty, I would do the same if possible and need be.

junior33178

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2010
Guys, I’m having this in my iPhone 11 Pro and iOS 13.4.1
Anyone having similar issues when updating apps?

Thanks

Attachments

• 4F479791-6700-45F6-9FC3-0DA51AA0F184.gif
    4F479791-6700-45F6-9FC3-0DA51AA0F184.gif
    4.5 MB · Views: 149
  • Sad

La BESTIA

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2020
Hey! Such incidents are bothering me a lot. Basically, it is happening on WhatsApp, WeChat, Camera (black screen), TransferWise, and so forth. Additionally, the videos only play with sound on a black screen on YouTube, Facebook, Messenger, etc.

iPhone 11 (iOS 13.4.1)

Nah. It does not fix the issues always and permanently!!!

Update:

1. COD Mobile gets frozen when being launched! I am demanded to restart the iPhone!
2. The dark mode is not automatically activated anymore at the exact time, set up in the setting! There is a delay.

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
I'm finding that while my iPad Pro 11in 2018 is connected to the new Smart Keyboard w/ Trackpad, and the power is connected to the keyboard, the backlight on the keyboard isn't turning off. Thankfully it's still turning off when I'm not connected to power, but still.. I went to bed late last night with my iPad fully charged & woke up with 43% charge left. I'm pretty sure this issue is on the software end.

Last edited:

eicca

Suspended
Oct 23, 2014
My battery health is 94% and I can’t get anywhere near the life I used to just a month or so ago. Usage habits haven’t changed at all.

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
My iPhone is freezing when I attempt to type in the url bar in Safari. Is anyone else having this issue?

checker2010

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2010

Your next troubleshooting step, is to back up the phone, erase the phone and set it up as a new without any of the previous information.
[automerge]1588498534[/automerge]
I know the timing couldn't be worse, but I would try to replace your iPhone if iOS 13.5 doesn't solve it. I was looking around for a backup iPhone for myself to use, but I may have to use some crap Android phone I have lying around (2 hrs of battery if anything).

I am preparing to replace mine under warranty. If yours is under warranty, I would do the same if possible and need be.

You don’t need to replace your phone, just to erase and set up as new.
[automerge]1588498633[/automerge]
Guys, I’m having this in my iPhone 11 Pro and iOS 13.4.1
Anyone having similar issues when updating apps?

Thanks

Try signing out of your Apple ID in the iTunes and App Store settings and then signing back in and see if that resolves it.

GBstoic

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2016
If you have access to iTunes or whatever macOS uses these days there is an alternative to erasing your phone and starting again. Just download the ipsw and reinstall that on the phone using Shift&update (CMD&update om macOS?). That often works without the loss of any data.

whatta

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2017
Hi there, I am here to report a bug. Tried reporting to apple support but got stuck with 1st level support. Please have a look at my video about the issue

thanks for your time, maybe an ipados developer will see it too. Cheers

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
Still on 13.3.1. I can only HOPE an update - either a bug fix release (again...hopefully bugs will be fixed) 13.4.2 is released tomorrow, OR 13.5?? Wishful thinking perhaps.

Even then, I won't update until I read the posts on here, other forums to see if there are issues.

GBstoic

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2016
My philosophy is to always update no more than a couple of days after release. That way I can revert if necessary while Apple are still signing the prior release. This is because I got burned a few years ago when I delayed updating to 10.3. That release introduced a major bug in playback of sound to external DACs which didn’t get fixed until iOS 12. Over a year of the music stream from my 6s+ turning to noise when a certain background task ran.

RedGT

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2014
London innit
A few apps freezing that weren’t before....the most specific of these is highlighting text in safari causes it to freeze quite a few times.....

BR3W3R

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2016
Good afternoon,

I have been running betas since iOS 13.1 on my iPhone 11 Pro Max. But recently I did a factory reset from 13.5 to 13.4.1, a few days ago.

Recently I have noticed, lots of weird small issues, the phone seems to lag a bit when closing an app and going to the home screen, orientation seems to be getting messed up lately, worse cellular coverage, facetime issues like camera taking longer to load.

Has anyone else been running into any of this?

La BESTIA

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2020
Well, well, well! It turns out that iOS intends to be teasing me day in and day out. Having tried to attach some snaps to a message in Messenger, only the color of the keyboard got changed in iOS 13.4.1!!!

1DFD1C18-FA37-4B99-9ABE-7180C087E487.jpeg

1AE5AAD4-5F8A-45A7-B4CC-A86B4AE156BF.jpeg

The Equalizer

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2016
Notts, UK
Well, well, well! It turns out that iOS intends to be teasing me day in and day out. Having tried to attach some snaps to a message in Messenger, only the color of the keyboard got changed in iOS 13.4.1!!!
Is this due to the semi-transparency of the keyboard, so if you use a dark background hopefully it'll be a similar shade.

La BESTIA

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2020
Is this due to the semi-transparency of the keyboard, so if you use a dark background hopefully it'll be a similar shade.

There is a bug or something that prevents me from having access to my snaps and videos for attaching them to the messages.

jrdatrackstar1223

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2017
Brownsburg, IN
Running 13.4.1 on my Verizon iPhone 8, was wondering if anyone else has an issue where 3D Touch pressing for multi-task view stops working? I will press to bring up the cards of of apps, and it only allows me to switch or slide to the next app (where you can just bring the previous app into view but you don’t “pop” the other open apps into view). Then I will release the press and press again and then push and pop works again for multitask view.

Anyone else have this issue or other 3D Touch issues on 13.4.1?

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
The Podcasts app isn’t refreshing on its own, even with Background App Refresh on. I have to pull down in the app to manually refresh when I open it too. Anyone know how to fix?

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
13.4.1 has been a nightmare on my iPhone 11. Safari routinely freezes, my AirPods Pro just won’t connect sometimes, the keyboard disappears in Messages, notification bubbles hang around even after I’ve cleared them, and Apple Music hangs or takes forever to load songs.

I pretty much expect Apple software to just not work at this point.

more so than 13.4?

guess I won't update my SE 2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.