Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

AppleTester

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2018
Anyone else noticed that the Reset Network Settings option wont remove the VPN settings anymore?!
Is this a bug or standard behaviour in iOS 13.4.5?

H3LL5P4WN

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
Well this is new. Woke up this morning to find that the Music app was frozen. I restarted and it no longer recognized any music had been downloaded. iPhone Storage was only seeing 82gb free, meaning that the 300gb+ of music I had on my phone was now "other."

I had to wipe it and am still reinstalling; I haven't even gotten to the point where I'll be re-downloading my music yet.

• Wow
Reactions: sbailey4

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Typing this with my new Magic Keyboard. This thing is a game-changer. Can’t wait to see what they’re going to do with this in iOS 14!

Reactions: Mountaindla

doublep

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2011
Japan
Typing this with my new Magic Keyboard. This thing is a game-changer. Can’t wait to see what they’re going to do with this in iOS 14!

i agree. i've also been pleasantly surprised by the trackpad itself. Really a nice combination.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
How is the track pad?

Very nice! It is small, particularly if you are used to the trackpads on a MacBook Pro or similar. But that hasn’t been an issue for me thus far. It’s very responsive and clicks everywhere, not just away from hinges.

The other thing that is not noted as much is how important the floating feature is. it keeps the screen much closer to your hand, so those times when you do need to reach to the screen, it feels less “reachy”. It’s even better than the MBP TouchBar in that respect. Feels much more natural.

Speaking of that, a very cool innovation for iOS 14 would be to put an iOS Version of the TouchBar (more than just the current autocorrect features) at the bottom of the screen. I can easily reach that now with my middle and ring fingers without lifting my hand from the keyboard at all. Lots of possibility for “small s” shortcuts there.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I waited to see if a beta 3 would come out today, but since it didn't I went ahead and updated my phone to 13.4.5 beta 2 because it simply isn't worth the risk to have such a serious exploit via E-mail. First time in a while that I update to a beta.

That said, I haven't noticed any issues so far and my phone actually feels a bit faster with 13.4.5 so it may have been a good decision even without the big E-mail bug.

Reactions: GoldenChild

digitalexplr

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2016
Central Missouri
Very nice! It is small, particularly if you are used to the trackpads on a MacBook Pro or similar. But that hasn’t been an issue for me thus far. It’s very responsive and clicks everywhere, not just away from hinges.

The other thing that is not noted as much is how important the floating feature is. it keeps the screen much closer to your hand, so those times when you do need to reach to the screen, it feels less “reachy”. It’s even better than the MBP TouchBar in that respect. Feels much more natural.

Speaking of that, a very cool innovation for iOS 14 would be to put an iOS Version of the TouchBar (more than just the current autocorrect features) at the bottom of the screen. I can easily reach that now with my middle and ring fingers without lifting my hand from the keyboard at all. Lots of possibility for “small s” shortcuts there.
Well, I must admit I am getting tempted!

Reactions: gwhizkids

Unregistered 4U

macrumors G4
Jul 22, 2002
it keeps the screen much closer to your hand, so those times when you do need to reach to the screen, it feels less “reachy”. It’s even better than the MBP TouchBar in that respect. Feels much more natural.
I hadn’t thought about that until you said it, but it certainly puts the screen closer to your hands. Even with the trackpad, there are going to be many times when a screen tap is going to be a lot faster than moving to the trackpad, moving the cursor to see where it is, then moving it to where it needs to be, then tap.

Reactions: gwhizkids

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
I hadn’t thought about that until you said it, but it certainly puts the screen closer to your hands. Even with the trackpad, there are going to be many times when a screen tap is going to be a lot faster than moving to the trackpad, moving the cursor to see where it is, then moving it to where it needs to be, then tap.

That’s exactly what I am finding. I’ve had it just over a day and haven’t been able to use it as much as I’d like due to a need to use a laptop for a work related special project. As soon as that’s in my rear view mirror, I’ll try to make this my primary device for awhile. The more I think about it, though, I think we’ll see a lot more functionality for this in iOS 14. Why introduce it now, if not?

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
Does someone have WiFi issues? I have a connection to my router, but don’t have any access to it and no internet connection. Switching from WiFi to LTE and back helps. That’s the same issue I’ve had in very early iOS versions

rocknrolldoggy

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2009
Battery life seems to be hit or miss for people. Seen a few negative posts. Anyone not noticing a big difference from 13.4.1 or beta 1?

George Knighton

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2010
Battery life was good on the first day but now not anymore. And my iPhone XS Max feels warm.
Does someone have WiFi issues? I have a connection to my router, but don’t have any access to it and no internet connection. Switching from WiFi to LTE and back helps. That’s the same issue I’ve had in very early iOS versions
Battery life seems to be hit or miss for people. Seen a few negative posts. Anyone not noticing a big difference from 13.4.1 or beta 1?

Battery life for me has been fine. No WiFi issues. I am a heavy user, so I think I'd have noticed by now if I were going to have a problem.

XS Max here.

devesh9

macrumors member
May 23, 2016
I got a notification of iOS 13.4.5 for installation. I clicked on it. So couldn’t take the screenshot.
On IP11
Anyone else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.