Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

golfguy2015

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2015
Surprise, AZ
Any else having an issue on the iPhone where the screen brightness changes? If Im using my phone, several times per day, the screen brightness will darken, like the slider is halfway down. When I look, its all the way up. If I restart my phone, it will return to normal. When it does this, the phone also gets really hot.

asu1996

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2013
Possible tied to the public beta profile. Are you on the public beta?
Yes and I still have the profile on my phone. If I get rid of the profile and by chance the public version changes will I still get it? Any risk of removing profile now?

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
Yes and I still have the profile on my phone. If I get rid of the profile and by chance the public version changes will I still get it? Any risk of removing profile now?

No risk of removing the profile. However, you’ll need to reinstall the profile to get future public beta. It doesn’t hurt to keep it if you want to continue the beta cycle.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Just noticed I’m not getting any notifications for new iMessages when using my phone. If I go back to ‘home’ the messages app has the red notification. That’s all I get. They come through on my watch if my phone is locked. I’ve disabled and enabled notifications for messages. Anyone else?

Edit: nor on my iPad Pro

Reactions: macintoshmac

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
Has the Safari option ‘Open in new Tab’ disappeared again, or just moved?
8821625B-60E8-4698-8030-0FB58EF41BAF.png 8C99594A-4AD6-44FD-9648-FB3800330ABC.png
It depends on your Safari settings to open links in new tab or background.

cflasche

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
Is anyone else using Gboard and having capitalization issues? When launching into say an iMessage conversation from the home screen, the first letter isn't capitalized for some reason. And I don't know if it's Gboard or iOS that is causing this.

Donnation

Suspended
Nov 2, 2014
Just noticed I’m not getting any notifications for new iMessages when using my phone. If I go back to ‘home’ the messages app has the red notification. That’s all I get. They come through on my watch if my phone is locked. I’ve disabled and enabled notifications for messages. Anyone else?

Edit: nor on my iPad Pro

Yeah I'm getting the same thing. If this is the GM, this is awful. I get no notifications on the phone or iPad running this version. Really sucks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.