Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrdatrackstar1223

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2017
Brownsburg, IN
Using a Verizon 64GB iPhone 8...

I was having bad RAM management but then found that I had a ton of tabs open in Safari (113 to be exact). After closing all of them I’ve noticed that apps stay open in the background like I expect. Before the tab closings I would have apps close after only opening 3 other apps after the app.

I didn’t know if this was a “duh” observation or an already known thing (and also not sure if it was like this prior to iOS 13) but I didn’t know Safari had that big of an effect on the RAM.

EDIT:

Scratch that, right after writing this apps reloaded all over again the background. This is crazy....

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
I have an another strange bug but don’t know how to explain it. iPhone XS Max.

When I’m in an app like Safari and tapping to a bookmark it randomly opens other apps like WhatsApp. These apps are not always opened at the background. One time I was in Tweetbot and it opened an another app.

I think it does always opening an app which is exactly at the same position at the home screen where I am tapping. Has someone else experienced that?

And sometimes when I’m swiping up to go to the home screen I see the spotlight search opened.

La BESTIA

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2020
Hey, gals and lads. My iPhone 11 has been encountering a couple of issues since the iOS 13.4 update was available to the public.

1. The black screen is popping up almost around the clock once opening the default Camera app. The only way that I could tackle the said issue is re-starting the iPhone!!!

2. Some of the apps, such as WhatsApp and Stocard, keep crashing. I have found that the issue stems from some sorta the network flaw, denoting that the system network must be reset, which is a pain in the neck! On the same topic, the Nike Training app stops working when playing the videos of the workouts.

3. The videos on Facebook and Twitter do not play or they are playing with a black screen but with the sound. Again, gotta reset the system network!

How can I get ride of restarting and resetting thingies permanently?

Cheers!
La BESTIA

I should add my newest achy experience. Videos on YouTube are playing with the black screen, but with only sound!!!!

Apple a Day

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2007
I should add my newest achy experience. Videos on YouTube are playing with the black screen, but with only sound!!!!
I’ve had the black screen camera issue (back facing camera only) since “upgrading” to iOS 13.4. My device is an iPad 6th generation.

Janeilfen

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2018
Yes. Open in New Tab was at the top. It now is “Open in Background” and has been moved to the number two slot.
Annoying.
[automerge]1585320320[/automerge]

I’m going to give it a few days.
I have not noticed a real difference on my Pro Max however my IPP 11 is burning through battery noticeably quicker.

Just a comment. Not complaining. But, what version of English do they speak at Apple? To me, as I believe I speak decent English, "Open in New Tab" did exactly what it says. How do they think, "Open in Background", relates in any way to open in new tab?

IPadUser2415

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2020
Is there anyway to change Mouse to be similar to the way it was in iPadOS 13.3.1 and before? I’m using iPad Pro (2017 version) with 13.4.1.

A couple of things:

1. Mouse Acceleration - Before 13.4, Mouse Acceleration was off it seemed. Now on 13.4, it’s on. Honestly, I have a hard time getting used to it as I never have it on when I use other devices. So, I just want some parity between when I use a mouse on Windows and then when I switch to use it on an iPad (for example). Is there a setting to change this anywhere? I tried looking around and found nothing. I actually have a really small work space when I use the mouse, so in the past I’d move a tiny bit and the cursor would move a lot (even if I moved the mouse slow). Now, the mouse cursor (even at the max pointer move settings) moves slowly unless I move the mouse by a lot too (again, even at max cursor speed).

2. Personally, I actually enjoyed Mouse simulating Touch (hold left click to move screen, etc). Again, is there a way to change it to have this function again?

3. Finally, I dislike how simply moving the cursor near the bottom of the screen brings the dock up. I preferred it to how it was in 13.3.1 and before where I had to click and drag it up (in this case, sometimes there are things on the bottom of the screen like keyboard I want to click but the automatic drag in gets in the way).

So overall, is there a way to change it back to how it was in 13.3.1 and before? Again, I tried messing with the settings but haven’t found much related to those.

Last edited:

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
Just a comment. Not complaining. But, what version of English do they speak at Apple? To me, as I believe I speak decent English, "Open in New Tab" did exactly what it says. How do they think, "Open in Background", relates in any way to open in new tab?

If this is about clicking in FireFox, or email, open behind is actually an improvement, IMO. It was rather annoying when it opened the link and I had to click to go back to the message, etc.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains

They started copying what I was seeing on my MB. Or my MB got it sooner.

Janeilfen

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2018
If this is about clicking in FireFox, or email, open behind is actually an improvement, IMO. It was rather annoying when it opened the link and I had to click to go back to the message, etc.
It wasn't clicking on the link that I meant. It was right-clicking to show the pop-up menu that would show the options. Such as "open in new tab". Just seemed logical to me.

fantomcheung

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2015
1. Health and activity app are having awful performance in this update, where data is quite slow to load.
2. Bluetooth connection has been awful too. Frequently disconnects with my car Bluetooth

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
I also just noticed the volume rocker on my PowerBeats Pro no longer adjusts the volume on either my iPhone 11 Pro Max or my iPad Pro 11in. I tried forgetting and repairing again, but not seeing any change for the better.

::UPDATE::
I checked and I have the most current firmware for my PowerBeats Pro: 2C48
I tried hard rebooting both my iPhone and iPad, and am having no issues connecting to either at all. Just can't control the volume with the ear volume rockers. Either of them. The button still works to pause/play, though.

Same thing has happened to mine - did you manage to get yours fixed somehow?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.