Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
IPP 11
Safari - Hilight Select
When on a web site with significant text, selecting a word (with finger) then attempting to expand that selection by selecting the next word in sequence, the page will frequently jump to the bottom selecting everything following the original word. The only commonality I can find as I check each time it happens, is that the pages appear to have > 70% text content.

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
IPP 11
Safari - Hilight Select
When on a web site with significant text, selecting a word (with finger) then attempting to expand that selection by selecting the next word in sequence, the page will frequently jump to the bottom selecting everything following the original word. The only commonality I can find as I check each time it happens, is that the pages appear to have > 70% text content.
This happens to me here very often

Reactions: dk001

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
Only issue I have been having is that some pages become unresponsive from time to time in Safari, both on my iPhone and iPad.

My iPhone just froze yesterday. Nothing worked. I swiped up, and then opened it again, and it was still frozen. After a few seconds, it unfroze, and started doing what I told it to, as if it was caching the commands. Weird. It's never done that before. I couldn't even switch pages. Freaked me out...

Reactions: nortonandreev

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
My iPhone just froze yesterday. Nothing worked. I swiped up, and then opened it again, and it was still frozen. After a few seconds, it unfroze, and started doing what I told it to, as if it was caching the commands. Weird. It's never done that before. I couldn't even switch pages. Freaked me out...

I'm also seeing these same issues since the 13.4 b6 was released, not specific to Safari, either. The Music App, Safari, various 3rd party apps.. It's like the snapshot that's supposed to show up before the app refreshes is just slow to transition to the app. Makes the apps seem "frozen" even though they're still chugging away. I've had a download going in safari and my page froze up and I thought I'd have to re-download my file, but it still kept downloading it (close to 300mb). I think it's safe to say this late in the game for iOS 13 that any REAL fixes to these type of core issues won't be addressed until iOS 14 comes out.

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
Safari on my iPad is always freezing and I cannot even close or reload the tabs.

3D Touch stopped working today on my iPhone until a restart.

Battery drain on my iPhone is huge.

At this moment I cannot close the keyboard on my iPhone when tapping „done“.

Auto correct is still the same.

Swiping up to switch to the home screen sometimes activates spotlight search.

Using 3D Touch with the keyboard is nearly impossible.

There is so much wrong in iOS 13(.4). I also have problems with tvOS and macOS.

Reactions: gank41

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
Safari on my iPad is always freezing and I cannot even close or reload the tabs.

I've had some of those issues, but attributed it to having dry skin. It doesn't at first make sense, but after changing to a more moisturizing soap, the incidences have largely gone away. *shrug* Your mileage may vary, but it worked for me.

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
Had to close safari to get rid of this random dot smh

Attachments

• 0B965363-7C6F-4F40-82B1-280CD35C1EDE.jpeg
    0B965363-7C6F-4F40-82B1-280CD35C1EDE.jpeg
    190.6 KB · Views: 97

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
Don’t even get me started on the state of autocorrect. Never once in existence has anyone wanted to type “doh do” instead of ”found.”

It's come up with some crazy 'drunk talk' for some things I've typed. It seems to me, at times, to just pull out accurately typed words, and switch to something crazy. I swear! It's damned crazy. I have to reread posts and emails just to make sure that it hasn't flipped something. I mean good grief! Come on. I can spell stuff wrong all by myself... ???

Last edited:

La BESTIA

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2020
Hey, gals and lads. My iPhone 11 has been encountering a couple of issues since the iOS 13.4 update was available to the public.

1. The black screen is popping up almost around the clock once opening the default Camera app. The only way that I could tackle the said issue is re-starting the iPhone!!!

2. Some of the apps, such as WhatsApp and Stocard, keep crashing. I have found that the issue stems from some sorta the network flaw, denoting that the system network must be reset, which is a pain in the neck! On the same topic, the Nike Training app stops working when playing the videos of the workouts.

3. The videos on Facebook and Twitter do not play or they are playing with a black screen but with the sound. Again, gotta reset the system network!

How can I get ride of restarting and resetting thingies permanently?

Cheers!
La BESTIA

Last edited:

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it

Wow such a different experience than me, which is very positive.

mel823

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2012
NYC
iPhone 11 Pro Max on iOS 13.4 GM - my Share Button is broken.

In Photos, hitting the Share Button will take minutes for the various options to come up, eg, AirDrop.
In Safari, hitting the Share Button doesn't even work - I can't even bookmark a website any more, WTF.

Is anyone else experiencing this bug?

Normally I would go straight to the Apple Store for them to have a look at but obviously that's not an option at the moment.

EDIT: WhatsApp app was the culprit. Re-installing the app seemed to solve the problem. Funny how one app can mess up everything!

Thanks so much!!! Was having this problem as well and didn’t know what was causing it.

ShampyKumar

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2019
India
NOT ABLE TO SHARE ANYTHING FROM SHOPPING APPS, WEB PAGES EVEN CANT FIND OPTION TO SAVE IMAGES FROM WEB PAGES, NOT ABLE TO SHARE PHOTOS OR ANY WEBSITE LINKS OR FIND TEXT ON PAGES, NOT ABLE TO BOOKMARK PAGES ALSO, HOW TO FIX THIS PLEASE HELP.
9B6099C7-B111-47EB-9CAD-EFFCD8F75CDF.png

EDIT :- PROBLEM SOLVED FROM THIS TRICK BELOW.

Last edited:

ShampyKumar

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2019
India
iPhone 11 Pro Max on iOS 13.4 GM - my Share Button is broken.

In Photos, hitting the Share Button will take minutes for the various options to come up, eg, AirDrop.
In Safari, hitting the Share Button doesn't even work - I can't even bookmark a website any more, WTF.

Is anyone else experiencing this bug?

Normally I would go straight to the Apple Store for them to have a look at but obviously that's not an option at the moment.

EDIT: WhatsApp app was the culprit. Re-installing the app seemed to solve the problem. Funny how one app can mess up everything!

YOU ARE GENIUS BRO, YOU HAVE SOLVED MY PROBLEM WITHIN FEW MINUTES, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS GREAT HELP. GOD BLESS.

Freakonomics101

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2014
Was late for work this morning. My phone randomly shut off overnight so my alarm didn’t go off. Was plugged in and charging so it didn’t die. My 11 Pro wasn’t responding so I found out it was off.

13.4 has been faaaaantastic for my iPhone. >.<
It has also froze and restarted 3 times since updating.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
It's come up with some crazy 'drunk talk' for some things I've typed. It seems to me, at times, to just pull out accurately typed words, and switch to something crazy. I swear! It's damned crazy. I have to reread posts and emails just to make sure that it hasn't flipped something. I mean good grief! Come on. I can spell stuff wrong all by myself... ???

It really bothers me that based on the next word it can go back and change prior words.
[automerge]1586050152[/automerge]
Wow such a different experience than me, which is very positive.

Makes you wonder what is going on behind the scene or the interaction Safari (or some function in Safari) has with some apps and/or settings. There are too many people having wildly different experiences on the same hardware.

Apple a Day

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2007
Am I the only one whose iPad camera was working before iOS 13.4 and had it stop after the update? It loads to a blank screen and I’ve done everything from force quit, to reset all settings, to a full iTunes wipe and reinstall to no avail.

nawr

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2018
Finland
Ever since the 13.4 update my Bluetooth connection to various sound outputs has been absolute garbage. I've tried multiple pairs of AirPods and Bluetooth speakers, every connection longer than 1 or 2 meters in distance starts to crackle. You could make it crackle just by taking a firm "antennagate" type grip of the phone. First I thought it might be channel interference, but taking the phone outside didn't help. The connection's bad also with the phone in my front pocket and AirPods in ears. Tried resetting the network settings and after that, a complete reset of the phone, but nothing has worked.

Freakonomics101

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2014
Am I the only one whose iPad camera was working before iOS 13.4 and had it stop after the update? It loads to a blank screen and I’ve done everything from force quit, to reset all settings, to a full iTunes wipe and reinstall to no avail.

Working fine here. 2018 11” Pro

TVreporter

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2012
Near Toronto
Once a month I wander into this thread to see when it's safe to upgrade...and yet the list of bugs and posts about freezes and battery drains continue to grow.

I'll stay on 12.4.1 on my 8-plus for another month at least.

Reactions: Blue Hawk

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
iOS/iPadOS 13 is so buggy still. It’s ridiculous. I miss the stability and polish of iOS 12. On iPadOS, my windows have constant rendering/resizing problems to where they appear distorted regularly. I have an inconsistent/stuttering/skipping typing experience when replying to posts on this forum and other forums I post on, both on my iPhone and iPad. Just scrolling through and trying to clear out some of my individual notifications on my iPhone and it kept trying to slide into the camera screen instead of letting me clear the notification. I’m tired of this bugginess.

Reactions: dk001 and oldmacs

oldmacs

macrumors 601
Sep 14, 2010
Australia
iOS/iPadOS 13 is so buggy still. It’s ridiculous. I miss the stability and polish of iOS 12. On iPadOS, my windows have constant rendering/resizing problems to where they appear distorted regularly. I have an inconsistent/stuttering/skipping typing experience when replying to posts on this forum and other forums I post on, both on my iPhone and iPad. Just scrolling through and trying to clear out some of my individual notifications on my iPhone and it kept trying to slide into the camera screen instead of letting me clear the notification. I’m tired of this bugginess.

Same!! iPad Pro 10.5 here. Sick of randomly windows open half distorted in graphics glitches, the dock rotating with orientation but the rest not, safari randomly locking up, iCloud Drive suddenly being non accessible within every app stuck on 'loading', and nothing seems to fix it, sick of it suddenly not taking input from the Apple Smart Keyboard connected by the smart connector.

My parents both have an iPhone SE on 12.4.1, and it is buttery smooth and wonderful compared to iOS 13.

Reactions: dk001 and xxray
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.