Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

fredrik9

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2018
Sweden
So basically if it is currently broke or funky we will need to wait till 14 to have a chance at getting things fixed ... sigh :(

Across several devices, 13 reminds me so much of 7 and 11 with the underlying issues resulting in varying user issues.
Probably if you still have issues. I have gotten away well, haven't had any noticeable bugs since 13.4.1 came out back in March. But iOS 13.0-3 were some of the most unstable releases ever.

Reactions: gank41 and dk001

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
New item
IPP 11 G2
When in some apps (Safari, Twitter, Google News), when I go to share a current page/article/thread via Messages, if in landscape mode, the keyboard will show up out of alignment drifting off the right side of the screen (see attached).
Reported via Feedback.
FE164D31-9520-4A54-9322-BC990431FF05.jpeg

Reactions: CMG91

nortonandreev

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2016
Europe
iCloud Music Library syncing still doesn't work properly. I have reported the issue on April 19th and, as resolution, Apple has stated: "Potential fix identified - For a future OS update"

Has anybody experienced issues with it? It is mostly when I make changes to playlists on the Music app in Catalina, they don't get synced with the iPhone.

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
Versions numbers like 13.1, 13.5 etc. don’t matter much. But build numbers tell a lot. G-builds are always the last letter of release on iOS builds. So this will be the last update to iOS 13 and there might come some small ones later of course like 13.5.6 but they will still be G builds.
[automerge]1591365953[/automerge]

Well it’s a beta so it is to be expected. If you want complete smoothness, always run stable.
Sounds made up to me, source?
It‘s probably more of a „they‘ve never went past G builds, but never say never“ to me.

Reactions: sorgo †

WaruiKoohii

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2015
Boston
Att carrier update pushed out to 41.1
Not a 13.5.5 thing, people are getting it on GM builds as well. But yeah I got it on 13.5.5. No noticeable changes.
[automerge]1591430718[/automerge]
Versions numbers like 13.1, 13.5 etc. don’t matter much. But build numbers tell a lot. G-builds are always the last letter of release on iOS builds. So this will be the last update to iOS 13 and there might come some small ones later of course like 13.5.6 but they will still be G builds.

It's worth pointing out that unless you're a project manager at Apple, it's impossible for you to know if this will be the last major update for iOS 13.

While it probably is, a better way for you to phrase it would be "G-Builds are typically the last major build series. There may be other updates, but most likely they will be G builds."

tdar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2003
Johns Creek Ga.
So basically if it is currently broke or funky we will need to wait till 14 to have a chance at getting things fixed ... sigh :(

Across several devices, 13 reminds me so much of 7 and 11 with the underlying issues resulting in varying user issues.

I'll just say this- I'm looking forward to being done with iOS 13 in 15 more days. I've run every beta build since the first one for iOS 5. And without a doubt, the iOS 13 ones have been the worst. iOS 13 has been a disaster since Beta 1 on WWDC day. That day- within an hour of my installation, I wanted to take it off. That's never happened before.
It's the worst iOS. Good riddance to it !

I am hoping with all of my might, that 14 will be like 12, a return to quality.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Point being the version # changes when a new build. So the current 13.5 versions are all 17F builds. When the build changes (as far as A,B,C etc), so does the version. All the 13.4.x were 17E builds up until 13.4.5 which changed to an "F" and then actually turned into 13.5. So as I said 13.5.5 appears that it may become a 13.6 version due to it moving to the next letter up.

Ninflu

macrumors regular
My battery life on my iPhone 11 Pro is the worst ever in all of the iOS 13 Betas.

Fully charged and not even touched the phone for any use, i'm down to 83% in about 23hrs. 17% is just to much, i don't know what's causing the problem. Even while writing this post i lost 2%.

Hopefully iOS 14 will be better- overall, not just in terms of the battery.

21D1141C-D046-4887-B6FE-F08899BB7BC6.png

Reactions: gank41

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
My battery life on my iPhone 11 Pro is the worst ever in all of the iOS 13 Betas.

Fully charged and not even touched the phone for any use, i'm down to 83% in about 23hrs. 17% is just to much, i don't know what's causing the problem. Even while writing this post i lost 2%.

Hopefully iOS 14 will be better- overall, not just in terms of the battery.

View attachment 922457

That seems to be a bit of an unreasonable expectation to me. That’s less than 1% per hour and would imply standby time of 135+ hours or almost 6 days - which strikes me as outstanding battery life. What am I missing here?

BR3W3R

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2016
Ever since iOS 13.4.1 my iPhone feels so slow same with 13.5.5, anyone else? 11 pro max.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I'll just say this- I'm looking forward to being done with iOS 13 in 15 more days. I've run every beta build since the first one for iOS 5. And without a doubt, the iOS 13 ones have been the worst. iOS 13 has been a disaster since Beta 1 on WWDC day. That day- within an hour of my installation, I wanted to take it off. That's never happened before.
It's the worst iOS. Good riddance to it !

I am hoping with all of my might, that 14 will be like 12, a return to quality.
I read an article this morning talking about Craig's changes to the development process due to the ongoing issues in iOS 13. This kind of gives me hope that it'll be better this year but who knows...

https://apple.news/A4u-Sq1oxTzGeK1iOQax7qw

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
iCloud Music Library syncing still doesn't work properly. I have reported the issue on April 19th and, as resolution, Apple has stated: "Potential fix identified - For a future OS update"

Has anybody experienced issues with it? It is mostly when I make changes to playlists on the Music app in Catalina, they don't get synced with the iPhone.

I’ve been having this issue thru most of iOS 13. If I add something in Catalina, it’s not reflected on iOS or iPadOS. I have to add something to my library on my phone and then anything else that was added in Catalina shows up.

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
I've been noticing my battery icon and wifi symbol is disappearing from the upper right hand corner.
You are correct. iPhone XS Max here. Same experience although a Forced ReStart fixes it for a day or so.

From around 13.4, I have noticed that the time usually disappears first, and then the entire status bar is gone, and this mostly happens to me during a WhatsApp video call. Sometimes, everything is back except the time, sometime the time is back and other icons are not, sometimes the entire bar doesn't reappear at all. This is on iPhone 8. A restart solves it.

fredrik9

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2018
Sweden
Sounds made up to me, source?
It‘s probably more of a „they‘ve never went past G builds, but never say never“ to me.

Well it is a bit made up actually. My source is basically Wikipedia and what build numbers earlier versions ended up on. I went back a little further and found that pre-iOS 9 actually had build numbers that ended on B or even went to H. However, since iOS 9 all versions have ended on G. Only time will tell if iOS 12 (still getting updates) and iOS 13 will end on G as well.

iOS 12 is currently on 16G192 and no one knows how long Apple plans to support it.
iOS 13 will probably, if support is ended with iOS 14, end up on a G build.

Of course Apple can change to whichever number they choose at any point in time but my ”investigation” indicates that G is the last build letter since iOS 9.

tdar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2003
Johns Creek Ga.
Well it is a bit made up actually. My source is basically Wikipedia and what build numbers earlier versions ended up on. I went back a little further and found that pre-iOS 9 actually had build numbers that ended on B or even went to H. However, since iOS 9 all versions have ended on G. Only time will tell if iOS 12 (still getting updates) and iOS 13 will end on G as well.

iOS 12 is currently on 16G192 and no one knows how long Apple plans to support it.

Of course Apple can change to whichever number they choose at any point in time but my ”investigation” indicates that G is the last build letter since iOS 9.
I don't find this too hard to believe. It's almost time for WWDC and the testing of iOS 14 to begin. Apple would want most of their internal developers on 14 not the older 13. They have had almost no success with fixing anything in 13, it's time to move on and push to make 14 what we all expect it to be. I'd say that 13 is just about done and won't see much in the way of updates in the next few months until we see the final release of 14.

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany

I don‘t think you know what the letter means or you wouldn‘t guess around like that or post bold claims.
They can go up to Z (and then probably go double letter? who knows) if they require to (the letter afaik refers to the Kernel version, not the point release number).

Side note: the highest they went was L.

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
I don‘t think you know what the letter means or you wouldn‘t guess around like that or post bold claims.
They can go up to Z (and then probably go double letter? who knows) if they require to (the letter afaik refers to the Kernel version, not the point release number).

Side note: the highest they went was L.

L on iOS?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.