Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
I used the iPhone a bit last night and the charge this morning was at 100%, so this is the best battery life since iOS 12. Performance is really great. I have not had any problems that haven't been already resolved. I may stay on 13.6 and wait several months to upgrade to 14 as I love a stable OS.

Reactions: VineRider

jrdatrackstar1223

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2017
Brownsburg, IN
Battery life has been great for me as well, I’m able to leave the my 8 off the charger and not worry about it being dead in the morning. The biggest thing I noticed was that apps that were abusing background no longer do that (notably ShopSavvy with hours of background usage while suspended and BAR completely off).

On another note, I also signed out of iCloud and signed in because of weird issues I was having after 13.6 initially. I had the famous “iMessages in iCloud are not synced” so I wanted to get to the bottom of it. After some tinkering with toggling it on/off and waiting for the sync to finish I think that may have helped also so make sure all your iCloud stuff is in order.

Reactions: pshufd

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
Battery life has been great for me as well, I’m able to leave the my 8 off the charger and not worry about it being dead in the morning. The biggest thing I noticed was that apps that were abusing background no longer do that (notably ShopSavvy with hours of background usage while suspended and BAR completely off).

On another note, I also signed out of iCloud and signed in because of weird issues I was having after 13.6 initially. I had the famous “iMessages in iCloud are not synced” so I wanted to get to the bottom of it. After some tinkering with toggling it on/off and waiting for the sync to finish I think that may have helped also so make sure all your iCloud stuff is in order.

With work from home and not going out much I'm getting 2-3 days between having to charge now on my 11 Pro max. It's insanely good. I really hope iOS 14 doesn't ruin this and start using more battery!

By the way it's been a while since I've signed out of iCloud and back in. Does iCloud Photo Library still spend hours and hours resynchronizing when you do that? The last time it took over 24 hours for it to finish resynchronizing and newly taken photos wouldn't appear on my Mac so I had to transfer them manually until it finished. It was a huge pain, and ever since then I'm wary about signing out of iCloud.

jrdatrackstar1223

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2017
Brownsburg, IN
With work from home and not going out much I'm getting 2-3 days between having to charge now on my 11 Pro max. It's insanely good. I really hope iOS 14 doesn't ruin this and start using more battery!

By the way it's been a while since I've signed out of iCloud and back in. Does iCloud Photo Library still spend hours and hours resynchronizing when you do that? The last time it took over 24 hours for it to finish resynchronizing and newly taken photos wouldn't appear on my Mac so I had to transfer them manually until it finished. It was a huge pain, and ever since then I'm wary about signing out of iCloud.

On my iPhone 8 with normal Wi-Fi it doesn’t take long at all; if anything, messages may take longer to sync. I am scarred to sign out again myself lol but I may just to make sure the iMessage issue was fixed.

I’d say go for it...

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
After waiting for a while to update my iPad Pro 10.5" I did it
So far- after 4 days- there are no visible issues
Same on iPhone 6s. iPhone 8plus battery goes down a little faster but it's older too, cannot judge completely yet .

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
I charged my phone yesterday evening. Brought it with me to sleep, went to the track to do three miles while listening to music, synced my Garmin to the phone and then checked the battery. 100%. This is the best battery performance I've seen since iOS 12.

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2012
After waiting for a while to update my iPad Pro 10.5" I did it
So far- after 4 days- there are no visible issues
Same on iPhone 6s. iPhone 8plus battery goes down a little faster but it's older too, cannot judge completely yet .
Do you missed multi touch gesture which not available on ios 13 onward? my 6s is still on 12, but i am considering upgrade to 13 for future compatibility.

Sam_andrea

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2020
Do you missed multi touch gesture which not available on ios 13 onward? my 6s is still on 12, but i am considering upgrade to 13 for future compatibility.
Which gestures you mean?
I have an iPhone 6S on 13.6, it works great, performance is great, the only concern is battery life, after replacing the battery it still feels a bit shorter than iOS 12.

Edit: On the YouTube channel “iAppleBytes” you can find performance/battery benchmarks of most iOS versions/ iPhone models.

Last edited:

ipooed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
I’ve been on this release for awhile now, lately I’ve been getting a lot of resprings mostly after taking a picture in high light outside.

Reactions: Sam_andrea

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I’ve been on this release for awhile now, lately I’ve been getting a lot of resprings mostly after taking a picture in high light outside.
I've been experiencing some app crashes and even some resprings once in while as well (with iPhone 7). It's not something that happens often or anything like that, but certainly more than previous releases (where I would rarely have an app crash, let alone see an actual respring).

Last edited:
Reactions: ipooed

VineRider

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2018
I've been experiencing some app crashes and even some resprings once in while as well. It's not something that happens often or anything like that, but certainly more than previous releases (where I would rarely have an app crash, let alone see an actual respring).
Strange, this has been the most stable release of iOS 13 since release for me. I’m having great battery life and no crashes or resprings. Running on an iPhone 11 Pro, iPad Pro 11 and iPad mini 5

jschnee21

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2018
Which gestures you mean?
I have an iPhone 6S on 13.6, it works great, performance is great, the only concern is battery life, after replacing the battery it still feels a bit shorter than iOS 12.

Edit: On the YouTube channel “iAppleBytes” you can find performance/battery benchmarks of most iOS versions/ iPhone models.

Yes. I have two iPhone 6s’s (and several newer iPhones as well). Upgrading them to iOS 13 has killed their battery life. I had their batteries replaced at the Apple store and it honestly didn’t really make any difference.

Sometimes about iOS 13 just blows through the battery on these phones if you use the cpu/gpu at all.

Reactions: Sam_andrea

OrlandoTragic

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2007
Orlando, FL
Is there a known issue with iOS 13.6 device screens randomly turning on for no reason? I have an iPad Mini and an iPhone 11 Pro and both have an issue where the screen will just randomly turn on by itself with no notifications visible or anything. My iPad went from 72% battery at bed last night to 48% when I woke up this morning. Super frustrating.

iPhonNick

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2019
Netherlands
Is there a known issue with iOS 13.6 device screens randomly turning on for no reason? I have an iPad Mini and an iPhone 11 Pro and both have an issue where the screen will just randomly turn on by itself with no notifications visible or anything. My iPad went from 72% battery at bed last night to 48% when I woke up this morning. Super frustrating.
I'm not seeing any issues with my screens on iOS 13.6 on both my iPhone XS, iPhone SE 2016 and my 2020 iPad Pro 11"
I do see that some apps (mainly FaceBook) are reloading more frequently, compared to 13.5.1.

What does your battery usage look like? I guess something is running in the background?

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire

I have an iPad Mini 5 and iPhone 7+ on 13.6 - I have not seen this problem. It comes on but there's always something on the login screen to read. Is it possible that you have an App that isn't doing notifications correctly?

MyPhone99

macrumors regular
May 26, 2019
I am seeing a strange behavior on my IP 8 plus o 13.6 .
when the sleeps for long time (>2,3 hours) i see wifi symbol not displaying in home screen but its displaying in control center ... Any one observed this ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.