Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chipsfingrar

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2020
I have a VW Passat GTE 2020 and I experience the same audio cuts while using wireless CarPlay. I've updated to iOS 13.3.1 Public Beta 3 but that did not solve the issue.

mrj412

macrumors regular
May 27, 2009
Installed 13.3.1 beta 3 on my iPhone 11 Pro last week and haven't had any cut outs since in my 2020 Cooper. Today was the my first drive into work and no issues with my phone staying in my pocket, which hasn't been possible before. I had kind of gotten used to missing words in my podcasts but hopefully no more!

Reactions: godthisblows

godthisblows

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2011
I have a VW Passat GTE 2020 and I experience the same audio cuts while using wireless CarPlay. I've updated to iOS 13.3.1 Public Beta 3 but that did not solve the issue.
This is not what I want to hear. I wonder if the Mini issue and VW issue is different.

godthisblows

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2011
iOS 13.3.1 is out. I'm installing it now and will try it out this evening.
[edit] They put something about CarPlay in it.
Addresses a CarPlay issue that could cause distorted sound when making phone calls in certain vehicles

Last edited:

jimmysalg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
Miami
Looks like the fix is official. Love to hear back from everyone here. I am in Spain so it will be a couple of weeks before I can try for myself.

Last edited:

jimmysalg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
Miami
Well, it absolutely did not solve my issue.
Thanks for the input, not sure anyone before had mentioned VW having the issue as well. I think its very vehicle specific, some of the folks that posted here even mentioned issues with the wired version of CarPlay.

Dave-o78

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2019
Let me know how that goes, but my guess is it won't make a difference. I have friends that work at my dealer having the same issues in their cars and its basically back to apple. I would suggest opening a service ticket with apple. The more people report the issue the higher it goes up in their priority line.
So I FINALLY got around to booking an appointment with Mini service, but coincidently, I updated my phone to 13.3.1 the other night, and for 2 days in a row I’ve had no issues with connectivity. Music doesn’t cut out anymore, and the touch interface is MUCH more responsive. I’m going to cancel my service appointment In the hopes that the 13.3.1 update has fixed the issues.

Reactions: Daki

tonyberinson

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2008
I connected my old iPhone 8 (that is still on iOS 12) to the car wirelessly. No issues whatsoever - pretty sure Apple messed something up in 13.

I have the same problem - I hope they fixed it in 13.4 - but doubt it.

Its really annoying.. So much so that my Kenwood Head Unit even reboots... not good.

chipsfingrar

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2020
I’ve updated to 13.4 public beta 3 - but still the same issue. Dropped some feedback to Apple so I hope they’ll investigate.

Imscrewed2

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2023
The disconnect issues "maybe" due to incompatible Bluetooth versions. Bluetooth ver 1 to 3 is slow compared to Bluetooth 4 to 5. Bluetooth 5 has been around since 2016, but a lot of car manufactures up to 2020 were using Bluetooth 3 still and some using Bluetooth 2. (had something to do with operating system constraints) Some manufactures are able to update BT device and some of them cannot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.