Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FreddyJ

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2019
Ireland
This is okay if only they do learn from their mistakes. To be fair, I've not had that many problems. iOS12 was prettyokay. Having the odd issue with iOS13 but could also be my phone.

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
3374A311-C3DA-47CF-A2EA-BC94C9793D9E.png

Thanksgiving notice in the Feedback app, possibly no beta next week? ?

Reactions: adrianlondon

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
They are reading our feedbacks? ?
Nope. You'll notice that even in their official holiday message they never state they'll read them when they return, only "process" them.

I believe their process is ... set status to "Open: None". If over 1000 have similar titles set status to "Open: More than 10". If bug hits front page of Macrumors, consider fixing.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Current dev beta has the ‘a’ designation which means most fit for public release. Could see this beta going public.
That’s not what that means. An “a” build only means it was fit for release after the first compile. An “f” build has just as much chance of being stable as an “a”, maybe higher since it went through several phases of cleanup before release.

Bornee35

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2013
Canada
That’s not what that means. An “a” build only means it was fit for release after the first compile. An “f” build has just as much chance of being stable as an “a”, maybe higher since it went through several phases of cleanup before release.
so being fit for release after the first compile doesn't imply most fit for release? You're arguing exactly what I said from what I can tell. f would imply it failed a lot of unit testing and needed serious work. I think we're getting lost in semantics.

https://applesoftwarereleases.wordpress.com/buildnumbers/

Last edited:

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
I think we can all agree that 13.3 is nearing completion. My guess is with all of Apple's engineers out this week, that we'll see it Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
so being fit for release after the first compile doesn't imply most fit for release? You're arguing exactly what I said from what I can tell. f would imply it failed a lot of unit testing and needed serious work. I think we're getting lost in semantics.

https://applesoftwarereleases.wordpress.com/buildnumbers/
Sorry, that's not what I was going for at all. I just see this misrepresented a lot and like to try to clear it up. An "a" build can still have a ton of bugs (clearly as we've all witnessed iOS 13 as it's progressed). The progression in the lettering just means they went back and changed something and recompiled the build.

You could compare it to an Apple refurbished unit vs. a brand new sealed-in-box unit. Just because the new one is new doesn't mean it's going to be better than a refurb that has been checked and double-checked after having nearly every component replaced.

Bornee35

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2013
Canada
Sorry, that's not what I was going for at all. I just see this misrepresented a lot and like to try to clear it up. An "a" build can still have a ton of bugs (clearly as we've all witnessed iOS 13 as it's progressed). The progression in the lettering just means they went back and changed something and recompiled the build.

You could compare it to an Apple refurbished unit vs. a brand new sealed-in-box unit. Just because the new one is new doesn't mean it's going to be better than a refurb that has been checked and double-checked after having nearly every component replaced.

I think it get it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.