Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
so being fit for release after the first compile doesn't imply most fit for release? You're arguing exactly what I said from what I can tell. f would imply it failed a lot of unit testing and needed serious work. I think we're getting lost in semantics.

https://applesoftwarereleases.wordpress.com/buildnumbers/
No, it means THAT build was ok to release to devs/testers. Nothing to do with the overall release build. So beta 2 may be an "a" build when they release it but beta 3 could be a "d" build just because of certain changes in that particular build needed further revisions before releasing it. However, seeing multiple builds back to back that are "a" revisions can sorta imply that things are getting closer to a release, using basic reasoning, simply because less things are changing. But again does not necessarily mean so.

norm2816

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2016
it’s been flawless so far ( beta 3) :) let’s hope going forward iOS 13 betas improve .. Catalina on the other hand.. yikes!

s2mike

macrumors 68020
Sep 14, 2015
What new features does 13.3 even add?

It’s not about new features. It’s about fixing bugs and improving performance, which iOS 13 desperately needs.

At this point, Apple should just forget about new features and focus on creating a usable operating system (ahem, ahem...Mail app)

Reactions: tspear8183

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
What new features does 13.3 even add?
It’s not about new features. It’s about fixing bugs and improving performance, which iOS 13 desperately needs.

At this point, Apple should just forget about new features and focus on creating a usable operating system (ahem, ahem...Mail app)
Generally that would be part of an x.y.z bug fix type of a release, rather than an x.y minor point release which typically would have something new in it. The latest 13.3 beta thread at iOS 13.3 Beta 3 ― Bug Fixes, Changes, and Improvements would likely be a fairly good place to look into details about something like that.

uandme72

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2015
I think that they are just whiling away their time : neither adding substantial new features nor fixing bugs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.