Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

kayuz6

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2022
Much time passed and no final stable version of 15.7.1 yet. Feels like RC is all one can get from this build. No idea why Apple doesn’t deliver proper ipsw versions of final iOS builds. Same happend to iOS 14.7-14.8.1 as far as I remember. Maybe that’s how they push users switch to the newest iOS. 🤔
Indeed, I’ve installed back again 15.7 to see it on stable branch it sees an update. But no luck. Still no updates. Do you remember how did they treat 14.8.1? Only ota or also ipsw?

michaelscott91

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2021
For anyone that has a newer device capable of running iOS 16, but want to downgrade to a more mature and stable build, I found a loop hole that works for the time being. Download the iOS 15.7 IPSW (NOT 15.7.1 or you will get an error) for your respected device. Restore via iTunes or finder by pressing shift and selecting the ipsw file for 15.7, it will proceed to restore your device back to 15.7. Once complete, simply update to iOS 15.7.1 over the air and you are all set! This loop hole will most likely only be open another week or 2, once Apple stops signing iOS 15.7 it will no longer be possible to downgrade. Cheers!

Reactions: ahmede and kayuz6

kayuz6

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2022
For anyone that has a newer device capable of running iOS 16, but want to downgrade to a more mature and stable build, I found a loop hole that works for the time being. Download the iOS 15.7 IPSW (NOT 15.7.1 or you will get an error) for your respected device. Restore via iTunes or finder by pressing shift and selecting the ipsw file for 15.7, it will proceed to restore your device back to 15.7. Once complete, simply update to iOS 15.7.1 over the air and you are all set! This loop hole will most likely only be open another week or 2, once Apple stops signing iOS 15.7 it will no longer be possible to downgrade. Cheers!
I heard about 15.7.1 ipsw errors on 3u tools, so they happen in iTunes too?
This year Apple seems to let downgrade more time then previous times

Reactions: michaelscott91

ahmede

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2011

Thanks for the tip. Tried 15.7.1. Failed
Downloaded 15.7 and restored. Then updated to 15.7.1
Freed about 15GB of system data at the same time after restoring my backup.

I'm not counting on it staying that way though.

kayuz6

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2022
Thanks for the tip. Tried 15.7.1. Failed
Downloaded 15.7 and restored. Then updated to 15.7.1
Freed about 15GB of system data at the same time after restoring my backup.

I'm not counting on it staying that way though.
Definitely it is going to be stopped soon…

Reactions: michaelscott91
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.