Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

contacos

macrumors 601
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
Another weird thing. If I plug in my iPhone or iPad onto my MacBook, the Photo app asks me to import XY photos from my iDevice, even though these images have been in iCloud Photos for YEARS and shouldn’t the „import from device“ be disabled anyway with iCloud Photos on?

• Wow
Reactions: dk001

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
IPP 11 2020 - Safari.

Now I tend to keep this device in Dark mode. However in Safari I am finding I can go from one page in a site to another page in the same site and the bloody thing will flip between Light and Dark.

Gets annoying as all heck.

elmarjazz

macrumors regular
May 26, 2010
Wow! Safari web translate now supports Japanese.

In ios14, the translate app supports Japanese but not web translate in safari.

The above seems an undocumented improvement!
Are you talking about an extension app, or a built-in translation feature? I want to translate full web pages in Safari, clicked on the aA in the browser bar and a translation option was there, now not, and I can highlight text to translate, but not the same or easy as that first time was.

ckv_1860

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2019
11proMax
Photos apps randomly crashing.
When swiping upwards the apps seems to be running in the background.
When it crashes the only way to open Photos is to open the Camera app, tap on the last photo shot (bottom left), then select All Photos and then browse through the Photos.
After that the app works - until the next time!

Morac

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2009

timeislove

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2020
Are you talking about an extension app, or a built-in translation feature? I want to translate full web pages in Safari, clicked on the aA in the browser bar and a translation option was there, now not, and I can highlight text to translate, but not the same or easy as that first time was.

built in. Click the Aa button at left of the addr bar, you would see the button to translate(attached a screenshot)

the built in translate renders the web pages quite well. It auto translate the web page if you go to next level of the webpage. However, it only translates the current level of the web page, if some of the web contents are nested, the translate would not render that part of webpage.

in iOS 14, Japanese was supported in Translate App, but not in Web Translate in Safari. In IOs15, both Translate App and Safari are supported.

Attachments

• D0436CE8-BF44-4DD9-8F47-AA4B216281AB.jpeg
    D0436CE8-BF44-4DD9-8F47-AA4B216281AB.jpeg
    289.6 KB · Views: 76
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.