Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Samdh90

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2021
Still no visual look up in photos in the UK. I shouldn’t be surprised with Apples US centric attitude. They just don’t seem to realise that there are other countries outside of the United States.
Sorry for sounding dumb but what is the visual lookup? Something in spotlight?

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Interesting, I was on the RC and deleted the Public Beta profile, but I'm still getting this update. I swear in years past, it wouldn't have updated today.

Reactions: Samdh90

Samdh90

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2021
Interesting, I was on the RC and deleted the Public Beta profile, but I'm still getting this update. I swear in years past, it wouldn't have updated today.
Did you reboot the phone? If not, do that, then check. Otherwise, it might be because servers are getting hammered.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Did you reboot the phone? If not, do that, then check. Otherwise, it might be because servers are getting hammered.
Oh I actually got it. I just swear in years past that if you were on the RC and deleted the beta profile, you still wouldn't get the update because RC and official were the same.

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
I've been following all your brave beta testers for three months, finally downloading iOS15 for myself. Thank you all beta testers for your service.

You're welcome. We still have a few surprises for you that you will curse us for for not telling you about here. Install and experience them yourself, like the rest of us. ;)

Last edited:

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Sorry for sounding dumb but what is the visual lookup? Something in spotlight?

It’s where the Photos app can show you more information on the picture, for example breed of dog or type of plant. If you set your phone to US you get it. And I believe some other countries get it. But as always, the U.K.’s left out as well as most other parts of Europe apparently.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
It’s where the Photos app can show you more information on the picture, for example breed of dog or type of plant. If you set your phone to US you get it. And I believe some other countries get it. But as always, the U.K.’s left out as well as most other parts of Europe apparently.
That's really weird; this is a feature that operates entirely on your device. Why would region have anything to do with it?

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
No universal Look Around in the US. 😡
However, Rockefeller Center is back. And its fancy!

IMG_719E74CAC6E9-1.jpeg

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Jun 9, 2018
England
Will there by any more updates on the PB though?
15.0 beta is over. Can reinstall it for 15.1 beta when it drops.
Can’t believe the storage bug is still there with this official version.
It’s a cosmetic bug, so it won’t be high priority.
I'm curious what build will be on iPhone 13. Possibly restore to get the latest before setting it up
I think they’ll have an OTA update as part of setup. We’ve seen it before.
According to IPSW, the first build is the same as today's build. Looks like the 13s had a headstart
The iPhone 13’s IPSW is up? Well, nothing to say that they won’t get an update to this build, from the RC build. It’s happened before, where there’s been 2 builds like this.

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
15.0 beta is over. Can reinstall it for 15.1 beta when it drops.

It’s a cosmetic bug, so it won’t be high priority.

I think they’ll have an OTA update as part of setup. We’ve seen it before.

The iPhone 13’s IPSW is up? Well, nothing to say that they won’t get an update to this build, from the RC build. It’s happened before, where there’s been 2 builds like this.
New build number 😎😁

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL

I’ve heard of this but never seen it work on my 12 Pro Max. I need to look into this more.

Oguzhan Tufenk

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2021
The issue of writing directly from the notification I reported via Feedback since Beta 5 is still unresolved. I can't believe you Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.