Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbro74

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2021
Yes I got the 15.0.1

the app open/closing animations are still glitchy, though doesn’t seem to be as bad

djgade

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2021
I have the same problems/lag here on my XS Max.
even with 15.0.2 the same.
hope 15.1 will fix it. Anyone tried the beta?

FNH15

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2011
This is odd - My Xs still feels new - all of the animations are really smooth.
I have a 256GB model, though - maybe the 64GB ones are a bit slower due to the slower flash storage?

djgade

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2021
I have also the 256 GB Version. Already tried a factory reset via settings. The first hour of use was really fast but after having the ram full of used apps the animations begin to have those short hickups after app close and open.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I don't have any older devices to test but I would think the improvements seen in 15.1 on 2021 iPhones would carry over to older hardware. Worth a shot; what have you got to lose?

djgade

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2021
I don't have any older devices to test but I would think the improvements seen in 15.1 on 2021 iPhones would carry over to older hardware. Worth a shot; what have you got to lose?
My XS Max is a company phone and in the apple DEV Process. I can not install beta profiles :(

Reactions: alpez

FILIPSN007

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2017
Czech Republic
Even my iPhone 12 Pro feel overall sluggish. I am on iOS 15.1 beta 4. Applications runs smooth but OS animations are slow. It is more noticeable when RAM is full.

I am convinced that Apple set new animations for newer iPhone with ProMotion display.

djgade

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2021
Even my iPhone 12 Pro feel overall sluggish. I am on iOS 15.1 beta 4. Applications runs smooth but OS animations are slow. It is more noticeable when RAM is full.

I am convinced that Apple set new animations for newer iPhone with ProMotion display.
Oh really ?
i Wonder why some people don’t notice that stutters…it seems that it does not occur on all devices or it might be that some people are not sensible for that.
sad to hear that even 15.1 does not fix it… :(
Is there any chance to get back to 14.8?

FNH15

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2011
I almost wonder if this is a screen calibration issue of some kind.
I’m extremely attuned to lag/stuttering in the UI and my Xs is flawless. No lag on both 15.0 and 15.1.
Would it be possible for those who are experiencing the stuttering to screen record a bit of it?
If you’re on the 15.1 beta, reporting it to Apple is also a good idea.

theodorr

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2019
I have the same problems with my Xʀ and also my friend, who also has an Xʀ. Laggy/stuttery when closing apps or switches to multitasking instead of closing the app; system feels sluggish overall. I will upgrate to a 13PM but this shouldn’t happen - my iPad 8 (same chip and RAM, and a high res display) is much smoother, no stutter when closing apps, maybe some dropped frames now and then.

FILIPSN007

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2017
Czech Republic
For me it's transition between widget page and home page, home page and menu page, opening and closing apps when RAM is full.

Also some problems with touch recongnition but it's seem's to be related to animations that are still in move.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
If it's true that the iPhone 12 lags then it's probably an optimization issue which they can fix in an update. I know the 13 Pro has animation issues as well with certain things being locked to 60fps.

fyun89

macrumors 6502
Oct 3, 2014
I disabled a few things:
1. Siri "Learn from this app"
2. Transparency
3. Background Search
4. Safari address bar at bottom (changed to normal position)
5. Safari top bar color match
6. Listen for Hey Siri
7. Content from Apple (in Siri)
8. Exposure Notification
9. Removed ALL widgets from home page (still have them on "widget" view -- when you swipe to left side from home)

Things are a bit better now

Reactions: foliovision

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
You shouldn't have to do any of that. These devices are more than capable of handling simple functionality.

Reactions: RedGT

alpez

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2008
Oh really ?
i Wonder why some people don’t notice that stutters…it seems that it does not occur on all devices or it might be that some people are not sensible for that.
sad to hear that even 15.1 does not fix it… :(
Is there any chance to get back to 14.8?
Not if you have 15 installed then you are blocked from downgrading.

Apple still signs 14.8 but not for 15 users

I tried to downgrade my ipad 10 days go ... but no go ...

Wonder why apple is doing this ?

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Not if you have 15 installed then you are blocked from downgrading.

Apple still signs 14.8 but not for 15 users

I tried to downgrade my ipad 10 days go ... but no go ...

Wonder why apple is doing this ?
Of course force you to upgrade. Seeing iPhone sale dip down, Apple is certainly not happy about it but they somewhat prefer not to break long term support, so they are pushing those users using old devices more subtly, testing everyone’s patience until they cave in and shell another $1500 to upgrade.

psik

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2007
That’s not how it works @

Fluttershy462

- even 7 year old decent laptops don’t become sliggish, and iphone take a much longer time to become sluggish. it has to do with crappy os makes. we know you pull $ out of your daddy’ss $$& but if expensive 1500 dollars fone are this bad no no one will buy them. the user is also reporting other issues loke apps not reloading. the cpu in a new iphone today is not that much better to warrant this performance drop.

get some iq , get off social media and start thinking than typing. something is clearly wrong here with the new class of poster babies on macrumors who will probably never grow up anyway

FILIPSN007

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2017
Czech Republic
You both right. Main goal of selling an Apple products is a profit.

But also you should ask your self why you still buying these products.
Apple is the biggest tech company in the world. We are using it almost in every thinkable moment in our lifes. (toilet etc)

Try to leave. Its very hard. Just think how much money you spend on these products and they just work together like a magic!

So nothing will change.

People buy Apple products because they use emotions instead of their brains.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.