Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

JustSomebody12

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2020
- work account and private account on one phone (and dual-SIM coupling of those accounts)
YES!!!
That's the primary thing I am hoping for!
And it wouldn't be bad if they added also:
1. revamped notifications;
2. better privacy controls (limited access to Contacts, limited access to internet for the apps).

Reactions: Frantisekj

mlody

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2012
Windy City
- Multi-user support for iPadOS
- XCode for iPadOS or support for basic IDEs
- RCS support for Messages
- iMessage group typing indicators
- Adopt design cues of macOS Big Sur (e.g. icons)
- Mail app overhaul
- Merge Find My functionality into Apple Maps
- Roll out that Maps review & photos system to get rid of the crapshot POI providers or Maps continues to be doa for me
- Health & Activity app on iPadOS (as a pure viewing app using iCloud data)
- Calculator app on iPadOS
- Weather app on iPadOS
- More default app options: Messages / Texting (including SMS APIs), Maps, Calendar, Camera. I don‘t think Music makes any sense as a default app option, there‘s no real deeplinking to play songs and your device remembers which app last played anyways...
- Love / Dislike options for the TV app (also 5 star ratings?) and the return of content reviews for TV/Movie. I want to tweak my Watch Now screen and not have suggestions based on watched movies I might not even like...
- Anything HomeKit related (performance & reliability)... maybe even a more in-depth profile system for Home users (e.g. allow guest profiles with limited & timed access, admin profiles and normal user profiles etc.)
- Anything Siri related that focuses on reliability. Don‘t add more domains if your base is rotten...
- I‘d love new Photos app social features. Maybe an easier way to share pictures with your family, like a „Family Feed“ you can post pictures to and have friends comment, like and optionally download pictures to their library. My parents love the shared albums but they seem to struggle with the concept behind it (e.g. set it up and share via Messages... meanwhile they have no issues posting something on Instagram)
- Smart caller photos based on the People album in Photos. Have caller Ids automatically pick a photo from the contacts Photo album entry if no photo is added to the contact
- FaceID/TouchID locking for apps on a system level
- FaceID/TouchID authentication for the hidden & deleted photos albums
- Allow widget resizing without removing and re-adding a widget
- Integrate TestFlight options directly into an apps App Store page (if public beta and desired by a developer)
- Finally roll out News app in more territories...
- Offer some Apple Card UI goodies for other Apple Pay cards in the wallet app, allow more in-depth integration for 3rd party cards in general
- Allow editing the 2 lock screen buttons (why is there a camera button and a swipe gesture for camera?)
- Lock screen complications (e.g. a small weather / temperature indicator)
- HomePod voice recognition for other languages
This is great list of items I would like to see. The other thing I can’t wait for would be proper family photo/album sharing/master photo library.

Reactions: TimFL1

Neil Harrison

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2020
- Better customisation of widgets. I.e have a Smart Stack but be able to pick what’s in, 4 icon in one ie batteries not taking up 2 icon lines

- Custom icon grid for page and home bar. i.e 5x5 not 4x4

- App Library for iPadOS

- profiles that allow iPad and iPhone to have same layout

Reactions: tomtattoo

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
I’d like the ”missing” iOS apps to finally make their way to iPadOS. Meaning, Health and the full Fitness apps with activity data (which is already in iCloud anyway, no reason not to let users view and manage their own data on all of their own devices). The Weather app should come over as well, and now that Apple’s bought Dark Sky I’m hoping that a redesign that includes iPadOS is coming. I’d even like to see the Wallet app so we can utilize the full screen for spending data and Apple Card categories - whatever’s crammed into the iPad’s settings app isn’t enough. Finally I’d love to see a stand-alone Phone app on the iPad with wifi calling, and if they made it so that voicemails were visible via iCloud that would be amazinggggg. Ive used my iPad for calls way more than I ever have this past year and not being able to access my voicemails on my iPad is a huge pain. Plus, having continuity phone calls in FaceTime feels haphazard and sort of slapped together in a not-so-nice way.

Other than that I’d love it if full external display support came to the iPad as well. It’d be great if we could connect them to an external monitor and then close our iPad’s cases for something like clamshell mode, or leave our iPads open for a real extended desktop, somehow.

Reactions: dk001 and TimFL1

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
not exactly ios15 related I think . . . . but fitness+, news+ and one premier in europe/netherlands would be no.1 on my wishlist.
MUI support would be very welcome:
- with on the fly user swap
- work account and private account on one phone (and dual-SIM coupling of those accounts)

Would be nice to have two accounts!

Reactions: BigPotatoLobbyist

weaztek

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2009
Madison
A much more robust Remote app. The old iTunes remote had more functionality since I could at least pause and browse my podcasts. Remote currently only supports the Music and TV apps.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Can apple offer a system wide per app volume control? Not all apps allow you to change volume independently and adjusting master volume stops me from enjoying music while using the app if I use any sort of headphone. No, AirPods Max won’t do this for me.

Brachaci

Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
Slovakia
Curious, why would it be a privacy issue if it is shared only within your own account? Allows you to see the face of your phone thief to provide to authorities or someone snooping who shouldn’t otherwise be.
Got your point, but what about the cases when your phone is picked but by your kid or some other family / household member? Maybe if the FaceID failure snapshot could be activated only when the iPhone is in "lost mode" it could present less concerns if any..just wondering.

Devin Breeding

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2020
Conway SC
Got your point, but what about the cases when your phone is picked but by your kid or some other family / household member? Maybe if the FaceID failure snapshot could be activated only when the iPhone is in "lost mode" it could present less concerns if any..just wondering.
Honestly, I’d like to know if my kids or other family members are picking up my phone when I’m not around. Would be nice to know so proper conversations can be had.

BigPotatoLobbyist

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2020
half swipe down the screen for notifications center, makes one-handed use easy

just design an app library without ****ing it up with lovely apple flavors a la the automatic sorting bs. My god, just blatantly rip of Android or WP8, that's all it needs.

system wide equalizer (not late night mode or accessibility one-button stuff for airpods, a real one for all devices)

other than those i'm set, maybe default music app idk

BigPotatoLobbyist

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2020
Oh, yes, agree RE: dual accounts. Mentioned this to a friend who thought it was absurd for phones but frankly i'd love this.

weaztek

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2009
Madison
I'd like to see a large indicator of some sort when my phone is on silent mode. Maybe make everything on the homescreen grayscale when on silent mode.

I missed a few calls yesterday because I forgot to switch it back.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Oh I have a fun idea. Handoff music between Mac and iOS. If you’re listening to a song, playlist, or album on your Mac, you can pick up where you left off on your iPhone. This would work especially well for people with Apple Music since they carry the same library on the go.

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
I'd like to see a large indicator of some sort when my phone is on silent mode. Maybe make everything on the homescreen grayscale when on silent mode.

I missed a few calls yesterday because I forgot to switch it back.
Personally, I’d hate this.

An icon in the menu bar, similar to when rotation lock is on would be more appreciated than a grayscale Home Screen. :p

please FaceID with mask. Typing is killing me
iOS 14.5 :)

cSalmon

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2016
dc
my wish list
  • Native OCR
  • Would like to have a guest account for the iPad so I can pass it around (clients or colleagues) without worrying my account's info; docs, mail, etc can easily be accessed.
  • OCR!!!!!! with Apple's special sauce of simplicity in it's use
  • print out Reminder lists
  • Ability to create complex routes in Maps and save routes in my iCloud (like a native version of ride with GPS)
  • OCR - geez we have all been using the iPhone's camera to capture visual Notes, just allow the image's text get turned into text
  • record phone calls so I can re-listen to important info when I fail to take notes correctly

Reactions: seezar

weaztek

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2009
Madison
For obvious reasons, I use Do Not Disturb mode at night on my phone. But I'd love to be able to tell Siri "do not disturb for an hour" and it puts the phone into silent mode for the specified amount of nap time. It can currently only save one timeframe.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Oh I have a fun idea. Handoff music between Mac and iOS. If you’re listening to a song, playlist, or album on your Mac, you can pick up where you left off on your iPhone. This would work especially well for people with Apple Music since they carry the same library on the go.
That one is WAY overdue. No good reason for Handoff not to work; Continuity has been around since iOS 8.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.