Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Brachaci

Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
Slovakia
Yeah. For most this just becomes one of those “scary” issues that is really a non-issue proved the phone handles memory management properly (which admittedly they appeared not to during the last two summer beta periods).

Might be better for Apple to not expose this data to save everyone the faux anxiety.
100% agree. I remember that in the past, I think it was iOS 16 days, it was causing space issues to some users, but ever since that I do not recall anything besides the "OMG my system data eats my storage". No offence to the OP, but as you mentioned it is a faux anxiety not an actual issue.

Last edited:

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Yeah. For most this just becomes one of those “scary” issues that is really a non-issue proved the phone handles memory management properly (which admittedly they appeared not to during the last two summer beta periods).

Might be better for Apple to not expose this data to save everyone the faux anxiety.

I’d rather see it even if it causes a few some concern. Transparency. I’d rather have an indicator that something may be amiss. Apple is silent far too much.

jimthing

macrumors 68000
Apr 6, 2011
From 2023.09.12.Tue... Apple - iOS 17 - all new features - booklet PDF:

Attachments

• 2023.09.12.Tue - Apple - iOS 17 - all new features.pdf
    359 KB · Views: 67

migoelo

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2023
I always get this message and then an empty folder is displayed

The process could not be completed because an unknown error occurred.

Try again. If this does not work, quit the app, restart it and try again.
A short update here. I have changed my smb.conf (reduced to minimum), and now it works.

Here is my changed smb.conf

Code:
[Global]
workgroup = WORKGROUP
server string = %h server (Samba, Ubuntu)
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
max log size = 1000
logging = file
server role = standalone server
client max protocol = default
client min protocol = SMB2_02
server max protocol = SMB3
server min protocol = SMB2_02

[homes]
comment = Home Directories
browseable = no
valid users = %S
writeable = yes
create mode = 0600
directory mode = 0700

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.