Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
iPad Pro 11 G4
Safari

Finding that some links are not working. Latest, I dropped into X and a link to Telegram did nothing when selected.
I dropped onto my laptop and did the same in FF and it worked.

Not sure if this is a b2 issue as I have been seeing odd issues with Safari in b1 also.

Feedback reported.

• Wow
Reactions: Populus and roncron

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
One good bit of news….

The issue I had with beta 1 where linked thumbnails (Amazon as an example) in Safari now work as links instead of triggering the “save image” menu on a long press.

Reactions: Populus

Flypony53

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2024
Anyone else having issues with CarPlay disconnecting?
I am not able to connect to CarPlay after install of 17.5 beta 2. I have tried Wireless, deleted, tried again without success. I will retry today with a wired connection.

Edit: 15 PM Verizon/T-Mobile

• Sad
Reactions: COBRASVT

slomtbr

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
I am not able to connect to CarPlay after install of 17.5 beta 2. I have tried Wireless, deleted, tried again without success. I will retry today with a wired connection.

Try deleting the phone from the car's CarPlay list.

Flypony53

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2024

ok, so just went out to test again. Oddest thing is that carplay seems to be working now. Yesterday, I tried restarting my vehicle multiple times, deleted/re-added the vehicle to the device, then restarted my phone, deleted/re-added again, all without success.

Only difference today is I plugged a USB cable into the USB on the vehicle (not the phone), and it finally launched. I have not started the vehicle in about 12 hours, so not sure what changed. Did not restart my phone overnight and did not make any changes.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Could someone tell me if the issue with links from Calender events created from Messages is fixed in the Beta?

IMG_0455.png

planetf1

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2014
Hampshire, UK
I loathe photos today with b2. 13pm 256 (with only 128 used)

Took around 40 photos. iCloud was set to backup photos including via mobile data with no limits and I had good fast coverage, mostly of 5g .

1-2 hours later I went to look at the photos and could see them in the app but all were very blurry like low res thumbnails. (Even though the photo info showed they were full resolution)

I decided to reboot. After which the photos were nowhere to be seen either on phone or iCloud.

Needed to say I wasn’t happy

Not seen this before. Beta bug?

• Wow
Reactions: roncron
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.