Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

ManuCH

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2009
Switzerland
I loathe photos today with b2. 13pm 256 (with only 128 used)

Took around 40 photos. iCloud was set to backup photos including via mobile data with no limits and I had good fast coverage, mostly of 5g .

1-2 hours later I went to look at the photos and could see them in the app but all were very blurry like low res thumbnails. (Even though the photo info showed they were full resolution)

I decided to reboot. After which the photos were nowhere to be seen either on phone or iCloud.

Needed to say I wasn’t happy

Not seen this before. Beta bug?

It reminds me of this although it's not beta specific (and I never experienced it):

Reactions: roncron

Minato1990

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2017
What issues are you seeing with the files app?
Freeze constantly like its unresponsive and stays stuck on a screen after I close it.
If a third party app uses files then it won’t even give me access to my files on my iPhone or icloud.
Today my entire iPhone was frozen and I could only close it with lock screen and each time I unlocked it it went back to files and it was unresponsive I had to hard shut down the phone.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
It seems like every few betas I get the return of the Eric Clapton > Apple Music that pops up playing when I put my device to sleep.

It returned today.

I don’t use AM and I don’t own any EC.

Attachments

• IMG_0535.jpeg
    IMG_0535.jpeg
    369.4 KB · Views: 54

ManuCH

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2009
Switzerland
Freeze constantly like its unresponsive and stays stuck on a screen after I close it.
If a third party app uses files then it won’t even give me access to my files on my iPhone or icloud.
Today my entire iPhone was frozen and I could only close it with lock screen and each time I unlocked it it went back to files and it was unresponsive I had to hard shut down the phone.

You could try to disable iCloud Drive in iCloud settings and see if it helps, then re-enable it after a reboot.

Do you have any other apps with Files integration that could be interfering? Like Dropbox, OneDrive etc? Files works really well for me, there must be a reason it's doing that.

jpdunn13

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2022
This morning when I woke up I was unable to wake up my iPhone 14PM running 17.5ß2. I could hear the clicks and feel the vibrate. When I tried to vol-up vol-down sleep/wake the screen would not come on. After about 30 minutes or so, the screen finally came to life. I was asked if I intended to active the SOS mode. The phone was on the wireless charger all night. This has happened two other time on various iterations of iOS 17.

Minato1990

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2017
You could try to disable iCloud Drive in iCloud settings and see if it helps, then re-enable it after a reboot.

Do you have any other apps with Files integration that could be interfering? Like Dropbox, OneDrive etc? Files works really well for me, there must be a reason it's doing that.
Well I had installed the GBA4Ios emulator but I removed it.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
This morning when I woke up I was unable to wake up my iPhone 14PM running 17.5ß2. I could hear the clicks and feel the vibrate. When I tried to vol-up vol-down sleep/wake the screen would not come on. After about 30 minutes or so, the screen finally came to life. I was asked if I intended to active the SOS mode. The phone was on the wireless charger all night. This has happened two other time on various iterations of iOS 17.

This sounds like it might be a hardware issue.

jpdunn13

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2022
Somehow, I think it may be related to the screen brightness setting. Next time this happens I will ask Siri to turn up the brightness.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.