Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
UPDATE:
I did an ipsw reload of my 15PM yesterday morning.
I am happy to say that this has appeared to mostly fix my battery issue. I still am seeing odd entries (see attached) when I am asleep and the device is in DND/Sleep focus. Also considering I do not have Find My active.

Keeping fingers crossed.

Attachments

• IMG_5717.jpeg
    IMG_5717.jpeg
    501.7 KB · Views: 73

ManuCH

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2009
Switzerland
UPDATE:
I am happy to say that this has appeared to mostly fix my battery issue. I still am seeing odd entries (see attached) when I am asleep and the device is in DND/Sleep focus. Also considering I do not have Find My active.

Keeping fingers crossed.

I have a theory: probably a simple additional reboot would also have fixed it. I have often seen battery drain until the first 1-2 reboots after an upgrade, and then the 2./3. upgrade would fix things.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
I have a theory: probably a simple additional reboot would also have fixed it. I have often seen battery drain until the first 1-2 reboots after an upgrade, and then the 2./3. upgrade would fix things.

When I run into an issue it is common for me to perform a reboot and if that is of little value then a hard reboot.
After my original OTA update I had done both more than once.

Good thought though.

Reactions: ManuCH and phrekaru

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
I know 15-30 was an over exaggeration, but I see so many messages withing a couple hours of the beta drop claiming horrible battery performance.

Oh yeah. Those are nuts. As are the people who (really as opposed to jokingly) expect improved battery life immediately.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Interesting.
I have a dev account (paid version).
I have my iPad Pro 11 on beta 2.

I got a pop up alerting me to install of beta 3 looming….. :oops: I selected later.
As soon as I did I got a new pop up (see below).

Odd.

Attachments

• IMG_0538.jpeg
    IMG_0538.jpeg
    321.2 KB · Views: 84

James6s

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2015
Cumbria, UK
Took the plunge and installed beta 3 onto my 15 Plus last night. Used for about an hour before bed off the charger, just woke up and there’s been just 0-1% drain overnight.

Will see how it goes through today 👍🏻😄

And it feels snappier 🤣🤣

IMG_0338.jpeg

Last edited:

Jakimo

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2008
Colorado Springs
The Apple ID lockout yesterday, was this something that only affected beta users? My wife and kids do not run the beta, and nothing happened to them. All my gear (all running beta) went haywire yesterday, and it was quite the chore (I was at work, not in a trusted location) - and it took quite some time to reset my Apple ID password and get everything straight

Anyone else have mixed stable/beta gadgets and see something similar when comparing the lockout yesterday?

• Wow
Reactions: Hans300

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
The Apple ID lockout yesterday, was this something that only affected beta users? My wife and kids do not run the beta, and nothing happened to them. All my gear (all running beta) went haywire yesterday, and it was quite the chore (I was at work, not in a trusted location) - and it took quite some time to reset my Apple ID password and get everything straight

Anyone else have mixed stable/beta gadgets and see something similar when comparing the lockout yesterday?

It's all over X, Reddit, 9to5, and here. It affected a lot of users, not just testers

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
UPDATE:

Keeping fingers crossed.
Wow, this is so good news! Looking forward to the final release!

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Took the plunge and installed beta 3 onto my 15 Plus last night. Used for about an hour before bed off the charger, just woke up and there’s been just 0-1% drain overnight.

Will see how it goes through today

And it feels snappier

View attachment 2372260

That’s good! But to be fair it looks like you had low power mode enabled so I would expect to see results like this.

James6s

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2015
Cumbria, UK
That’s good! But to be fair it looks like you had low power mode enabled so I would expect to see results like this.

Always have low power mode on overnight. Not always the case as I’ve seen overnight drains with some previous iOS betas with low power enabled drop 10%+, that’s why I was impressed with last night.

Reactions: gwhizkids

lindros2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2011
I’m sorry. But 17.5b3 has been dangerous garbage trash with GMail. Battery crash and impossible to see full emails.

I’ve deleted and replaced Mail and the accounts 10x, and the only thing I have to show for it is anger and furor.
Something is VERY wrong.

If ONE PERSON says “nothing wrong” I will put my entire internet social profile on the line. Do not.

S8ER01Z

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2015
I’m sorry. But 17.5b3 has been dangerous garbage trash with GMail. Battery crash and impossible to see full emails.

I’ve deleted and replaced Mail and the accounts 10x, and the only thing I have to show for it is anger and furor.
Something is VERY wrong.

If ONE PERSON says “nothing wrong” I will put my entire internet social profile on the line. Do not.
This beta has had a lot of issues for me. I don’t use Gmail so I don’t have any experience with that. I am having connection issues with WiFi and cellular very very frequently requiring airplane toggle or reboot. Fingers crossed that the next beta isn’t this bad.

Reactions: GoldenChild

James6s

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2015
Cumbria, UK
I also use Gmail and have had no problems with it on beta 3….

Pretty stable for me after earlier hesitation on installing. Battery life has been good on my 15 Plus.

Reactions: Reeneman

Reeneman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2021

Something is VERY wrong.

What is a battery crash?

lindros2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2011
I also use Gmail and have had no problems with it on beta 3….

Pretty stable for me after earlier hesitation on installing. Battery life has been good on my 15 Plus.
Yet the last line was indicating this doesn’t help.

“I’m not sick so it’s your fault you are.”

James6s

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2015
Cumbria, UK
Yet the last line was indicating this doesn’t help.

“I’m not sick so it’s your fault you are.”

It may not help your situation but this is a thread for everyone to discuss problems & different user experiences good or bad on 17.5 beta 3, and that was my take.

Hopefully the next beta will solve your Gmail problem or somebody has experienced similar and has a solution 🤞🏻

Reactions: roncron

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013

Something is VERY wrong.

I will say “nothing wrong”. As in: I am having few, if any, issues with this beta, including Gmail.

That, however, does not mean you are not experiencing your issues, which is fine.

Personally, I would, however, shy away from calling problems with an email app “dangerous”. There actually are problems that can occur with iOS that might be dangerous, such as significant issues with the Maps app or GPS in general, for example. Using such charged terms so loosely and inappropriately minimizes their value when describing truly dangerous issues and makes people take your reporting here less seriously.

fiftofar

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2019
Australia

Something is VERY wrong.

13PM ios17b3. I have 4 Google/gmail emails, an iCloud and an IMAP email setup in Apple Mail, all emails coming through and previewing correctly, no battery issues at all.
6m background usage in the past 24 hours, 1H21M background usage in the past 10 days.
Sorry you’re having issues.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
15PM - b3
iPad - b2
AWU - no beta

Battery mostly fixed with ipsw reload.
Since that reload:

Badges are still borked on many apps - had since b1
Notifications are hit / miss. Some show on the lockscreen but when I go to view they are poof! - gone. Worse than b2
My AWU is mirrored to my iPhone and many message, notifications, and other items just don’t show up on the AWU. Worse than b2
I have the 15PM set to forward all texts to my iPad. Not all make it and some show on the iPad before the iPhone alerts me.
Still having WiFi 6 issues where the iPhone just drops 6. Only WiFI 6 device I have that does this. Since b1

For a beta it isn’t bad. This far into the year I am surprised at the number of basic bugs that are cropping up. Wonder what this week will bring?

lindros2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2011
13PM ios17b3. I have 4 Google/gmail emails, an iCloud and an IMAP email setup in Apple Mail, all emails coming through and previewing correctly, no battery issues at all.
6m background usage in the past 24 hours, 1H21M background usage in the past 10 days.
Sorry you’re having issues.
it's a Gmail IMAP issue (first identified in March), which is impacting certain Gmail inboxes >3000 messages.
One of mine - primary - has it.
My other does not.
My wife's does not.
Apple is looking into it - escalated to engineering (because Apple people are having the issue, NOT because of me specifically - I'm a nothing).

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
it's a Gmail IMAP issue (first identified in March), which is impacting certain Gmail inboxes >3000 messages.
One of mine - primary - has it.
My other does not.
My wife's does not.
Apple is looking into it - escalated to engineering (because Apple people are having the issue, NOT because of me specifically - I'm a nothing).

You are definitely not a nothing. It takes people like you outside of Apple reporting issues for them to know there is a larger issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.