Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

tolpe

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2012
Hi! Could anybody please test an app called Baby Daybook and tell me if it apparently works? (App and widget, please). I usually play with all betas although this time I have a newborn and wanted to limit the risk but I’m eager
to install it 😋.

This is the direct link to the App Store. Thank you for your time!

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Hi! Could anybody please test an app called Baby Daybook and tell me if it apparently works? (App and widget, please). I usually play with all betas although this time I have a newborn and wanted to limit the risk but I’m eager
to install it .

This is the direct link to the App Store. Thank you for your time!

You know something? I would sit out the betas if I were you. That’s not the advice I normally give because of the ease of getting back to iOS 16. But there’s a difference in your case: You have a newborn.

Even if the app you’re asking about works, there is the possibility, however slight, that something else could go wrong with, for example, your camera or the phone app.

I had problems on beta 5 staying connected to phone callers. You don’t want that to happen if, heaven forbid, you had an emergency and needed to call a relative or 911 for assistance. And if your camera malfunctioned, you’d miss out on those irretrievable memories.

iOS 17 will launch for real in about 3.5 weeks. I’d just wait until it’s out and then do the upgrade. There’s nothing so compelling in it that is worth risking the other possible issues.

CaptainFS

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2012
You know something? I would sit out the betas if I were you. That’s not the advice I normally give because of the ease of getting back to iOS 16. But there’s a difference in your case: You have a newborn.

Even if the app you’re asking about works, there is the possibility, however slight, that something else could go wrong with, for example, your camera or the phone app.

I had problems on beta 5 staying connected to phone callers. You don’t want that to happen if, heaven forbid, you had an emergency and needed to call a relative or 911 for assistance. And if your camera malfunctioned, you’d miss out on those irretrievable memories.

iOS 17 will launch for real in about 3.5 weeks. I’d just wait until it’s out and then do the upgrade. There’s nothing so compelling in it that is worth risking the other possible issues.
Good point,
But, for example, I find 16.6 very unstable. So I kind of inderstand the question. Had more luck with betas than the ‘final’ product. Your experience may vary 😬
I do hope to get rid of iOS16 asap.

Cartmants

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2006
I just installed the iOS 17 Public Beta 4 (first one for iOS 17), and found that the Drudge Report app completely crashes upon attempting to open (even with reinstall of app).

Dino_Axl

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2018
Apple Music app not working for me, tried reinstalling the app did not help also when in settings and want to enter Apple Music settings it freezes...

cab62

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2023
Hey all. Anyone tried Moneta Smart Banka app? Wanna try the public beta and need this app.

unfunfionn

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2015
Berlin, Germany
My in-app purchase premium subscription in The Guardian doesn’t work anymore with the latest public beta. If I try to restore the purchase, nothing happens.

Aerdna

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2012
Germany
For the German users: Sparkasse-App crashes after you want to send money to someone. Since the latest beta
Does this apply to all options for sending money, i. e. also to “Überweisungen“, or do you mean specifically the “Giropay/Kwitt“ feature?

Manneman32

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2021
Sweden
Just in case I missed it in the thread… for us living in Sweden… does Bank-Id, Swish and Ica Banken work?

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
Not sure if it is an iOS17 beta issue, but I keep getting Tapatalk notifications but the updated threads aren’t showing as bolded when I tap on the app.

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
Mine just flashes and springs back to main iPhone screen
Well, FWIW, I've got 17 ( !! ) accounts setup in the MS Authenticator app on my end (iPhone 14 Pro Max on iOS 17 b8 (21A5326a). Yikes.. Seventeen! At any rate, what if you try offloading (not deleting) the app, rebooting the phone, and then redownloading? That might make you sign in initially again, but then should still keep your accounts.

Reactions: Ansath

blacksurfer

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2011
Kaiser's KP Health Ally app to monitor glucose leve crashes. I have to delete the app and reinstall to use.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Kaiser's KP Health Ally app to monitor glucose leve crashes. I have to delete the app and reinstall to use.

And this is a good time to point out that if you have health-critical apps like glucose monitoring apps, you should think twice before installing iOS betas. The companies that develop these apps are (understandably) quite interested in stability and tend not to release updates during the beta period to fix beta issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.