Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maximus06

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2007
Same, loosing 24% overnight, slightly worse than before. This is beyond absurd. Do I really have to return my phone for the 3rd time?

HKUSP.40

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2011
96% battery yesterday (11/12/11) at 1:00 AM. Went to bed at 2:30 AM. At 11:00 AM I had 89%.

Made several phone calls, sent/received several emails, surfed the net for about 30 minutes, and 1 hour of Pandora internet radio streaming...most of which done in a poor service area.

it's 1:30AM (11/13/11) now and I have 18% left.

So just over 24hrs, I have used 78% of my battery. I consider that GREAT!

My last phone (Samsung Fascinate) wouldn't last 24hrs in my wildest dreams!

robo3k

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2011
Receiving A Replacement...

Not only has my battery life gotten worse, but it's also strangely affected my service. I sometimes have to reboot my phone just to make sure I'm receiving all my text messages or the data connection is working properly.

I called Verizon, and they seem to think it's something wrong with my phone. They're sending a replacement. I doubt it will change anything though.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Keep Us Posted

Not only has my battery life gotten worse, but it's also strangely affected my service. I sometimes have to reboot my phone just to make sure I'm receiving all my text messages or the data connection is working properly.

I called Verizon, and they seem to think it's something wrong with my phone. They're sending a replacement. I doubt it will change anything though.

I don't think it's the phones either, but mine is acting REALLY weird now. It dropped to 60%, I have taken 3 calls, and sent and received a few texts....It remains at 60%

I think I'm going to let it go completely dead (Still have my 4 so no worries about coverage) Then re-charge it and see what happens then.

Munchkinsdad

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2011
Mine improved quite a bit also. I have read that some have restored their phones and then upgraded to iOS 5.01 for the battery improvements to work. Mine worked with the OTA update so I cannot guarantee that if you go through all the effort to restore it, that it will work. It may be a risk worth taking.

pdqgp

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2010
I've had good results so far. I charged my phone to 100% and it's been on standby for nearly 5hrs and with only 15 minutes of use (it's early here) and still at 100%

My wife's 3Gs has Neenah on standby for 19hrs with 2hrs of use and is at 83%

I consider both pretty good. Now it just depends on how they each drain under typically daily use throughout this next work week. That's what I will use to gauge any changes good or bad.

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
I wake up from having my 4S plugged in overnight and the battery is at 96% ...

And the phone itself is very warm, almost hot.

Something is wrong.

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
M battery is slightly worse (15%/hr unused) but what's worse is that the entire OS tends to lag randomly. Photo viewing, texting, app opening etc randomly just slows or stalls.

It's a shame because I love the phone but I'm restricting usage because of these bugs.

Edit: ugh. This message took 5% battery! It's been a month so I don't think it's unreasonable to be a whiner about it.

Last edited:

Kaenon

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2011

Something is wrong.

I took mine off the charger this morning and it jumped from 100% to 95% as I unplugged the wall connector. I plugged it back in and now its recharging to 100%.

That is stupid...I had to do that with my Droid Incredible.

Also, the little microphone doesn't always show up when I'm texting, I use talk to text to text quite often.

And lastly, the Airplay Mirroring button isn't always there either. One time it was there permanently and I had to completely reset the iPhone and wipe everything...

WiFi also sometimes drops out.

I expect a much more polished product from Apple than this.

This is my first year with Apple products and I'm thinking about changing back next year if they can't fix things soon.

IJBrekke

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2009
Long Beach, CA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

It runs WORLDS better on my iPhone 4. Got rid of a ton of lag, and battery seems about the same.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007

Something is wrong.

Most Apple products (phones, iPads AND laptops) will not charge the battery if it's above 95%.

As to why it's hot, no idea.

In nay case, 5.0.1 works fine for me. Battery life has been fine.

bdenge

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2010
Before the update I was getting good battery life. 5.5-6 hours use. (from 100% down to 20%) after the update I only got 4.5 hours. So I let it drain to 0%, plugged in and charged to 100% and now I'm getting 6.5 hours 100% down to 20%.

masonjount

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2011
Same issues here...

Battery drains REALLY fast... i have a 4(unlocked on t-mobile) and a 4s (Sprint)...

obviously the 4 doesn't use the 3g engine, but the drain on the 4s is crazy.

going to try and cycle myself.. but not too optimistic. I hope Apple has a fix soon.

frankdogg

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2011
253, WA
from 7:30am til now (10:22am pst) I've lost 24%.

Here is the thing, right when i unplugged my phone this morning, it went to 99% immediately! so i turned it off and on and it went back up to 100%. So i thought the problem was fixed. However.

My phone usage was simply: i opened one app. that was all.

now it's at 76% and i barely used it. I've turned off wifi and bluetooth but have seen no changes.

As i'm finishing this post, the battery life is now @ 75% and the phone has just been idle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.