Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robo3k

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2011
I don't think it's the phones either, but mine is acting REALLY weird now. It dropped to 60%, I have taken 3 calls, and sent and received a few texts....It remains at 60%

I think I'm going to let it go completely dead (Still have my 4 so no worries about coverage) Then re-charge it and see what happens then.

I've recalibrated my battery multiple times. it will stay on 100% for about a good 10 minutes and then start dropping rapidly.

HKUSP.40

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2011
Took my phone off the charger around 9:50AM this morning...it's now 1:30PM. My battery is at 99%. I've received about 3 texts and 2 emails. Mostly standby time.

No issues with the new 5.01 yet (keeping my fingers crossed).

I did the OTA update via WIFI, FWIW.

Deako

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2010
United Kingdom
Same situation here on both mine and my wifes 4S.

Terrible battery life since upgrading to 5.0.1

Its easily 3x worse. Battery will completely die over the space of a day with very little use. Whereas, with 5 i could easily get nearly 2 full days use out the phone with little use.

My phone appears to be reporting high usage. Even though i have hardly used it at all today.

Since taking it off charge at approx 9:30am this morning (it charged overnight), it reads as follows:

Usage: 5 hours, 3 minutes
Standby: 12 hours, 6 minutes

Battery percentage left: 37%

I have sent 5-6 iMessages, played a little Amazing Breaker for about 15 minutes and read a few news articles on Sky News and BBC News. Thats it. So something appears to be hanging on, or isnt entering a paused state properly with multitasking.

pdqgp

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2010
Today:

2 hrs usage
11.5 hrs standby

72% left. I'm happy so far considering my usage was heavy 3G not wifi.

I just need it to make it from 5am through say 10-11pm at night without turning off. I have not doubt it will, even if I put it through much greater use.

Again, I'll know more next week when I use it on travels for business.

I'll post back my wife's phone a 3Gs shortly. However, her last charge was over 27hrs ago with use and obviously tons of standby and she's fine. That's remarkably better than I ever got out of it.

GoKyu

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2007
New Orleans
I wake up from having my 4S plugged in overnight and the battery is at 96% ...

And the phone itself is very warm, almost hot.

Something is wrong.

I've had the 96% thing happen several times, even with iOS 5 (now on 5.0.1), but the phone wasn't excessively warm/hot.

I wonder why it didn't charge all the way back up. If I take it out and put it back into the charger, it'll finish in a few minutes back to 100%.

unknownx

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2011
My battery was perfect with 5.0, simply amazing.

I updated anyway to 5.0.1 and it got worse, not just a little, but the phone became useless..

I did a hard reset, not backing up but started is as a new..

And its quite good now, not as good as 5.0 duo..

So thats a tip for you guys to make a hard reset and make it as a "new iphone", no backup..

Currently:

20 hrs (~5hrs use) - 60%

Only 1% the whole night while sleeping

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
I've never had an iPhone or iPad stop charging when it got to 95% ... until today.

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. The device will not charge a battery if it is already above 95%.

If you plug in a phone and it's lower than 95%, it'll charge to full. But it's not going to start charging again if a phone is left to sit on the charger and the battery happens to drop to 99%.

Anyway: I wasn't' having trouble with iOS 5.0, and not having trouble with 5.0.1 either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.