Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rtomyj

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2012
Stop confusing long animations with lag, there's a difference. Tired of people mixing up the two. My 4s and 5 do not lag at all, rather the animations are extremely long.

Yea but not a lot of people know, they are not into tech dude. #
Worse is when reviewers don't know tech...

Fission

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2013
Stop confusing long animations with lag, there's a difference. Tired of people mixing up the two. My 4s and 5 do not lag at all, rather the animations are extremely long.

Stop assuming that long animations are being confused with lag...My iphone clearly lags on and stutters often when unlocking or returning to home...

It's also evident in several other tasks such as scrolling and screen rotation.

iOS 7 = android in terms of performance.
Let's hope that Apple isn't ok with this.

----------

Yea but not a lot of people know, they are not into tech dude. #
Worse is when reviewers don't know tech...

Being into tech or not isn't required to WITNESS low FPS or slow down...

apollo1444

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2011
mexico

This guy speaks truth, whoever disagrees has a real poor attention to detail problem. I've used iPhones since the 3G and I've never seen such a lazy Apple when it comes to low fps performance with screen rotation

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
This guy speaks truth, whoever disagrees has a real poor attention to detail problem. I've used iPhones since the 3G and I've never seen such a lazy Apple when it comes to low fps performance with screen rotation

To be honest I have never paid attention to it. But now that I tried I think you are right. It is choppy!!

RoboWarriorSr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2013
Stop assuming that long animations are being confused with lag...My iphone clearly lags on and stutters often when unlocking or returning to home...

It's also evident in several other tasks such as scrolling and screen rotation.

iOS 7 = android in terms of performance.
Let's hope that Apple isn't ok with this.

----------

Being into tech or not isn't required to WITNESS low FPS or slow down...

Explain why mine doesn't lag, which is an older device than yours. I also have a 5 which doesn't lag either, my friends have iPhones and agree that their's don't lag except the 4 (some of my friends have different experiences with the 4). Also it's possible that iCloud or Spotlight are causing lagging problems on your phone. Spotlight indexes the phone that could potentially cause lag, previously on iOS 6 Spotlight would index when ever the phone is on standby but that doesn't seem to be the case under iOS 7. Also iCloud is known to cause lagging problems under iOS 7 (don't have the problem probably varies with people's experiences). Your case may need an appointment with the nearest Apple Store. Hopefully if the lag is the case with yours, the imminent update arriving may fix your problems ( new iPads are arriving and an update usually arrives to support them).

FreeWoRLD83

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2013
They need a fix for ALOT of things...Should at least be smoother than android...As of right now, my iphone 5 is just as jittery as my OLD android phones!

More often than not, my animations FPS drop considerably...Espcially when unlocking or returning to home. My screen rotation ALWAYS lags with LOW FPS. My friends 5s is no better.

If this is considered acceptable by Apple, then I'm willing to bet a lot will be trying out android soon.

I came to iphone and iOS because of how smooth it was...

Sad to see it turn into android with iOS 7.

Hoping to see an immediate fix.

I completely agree with you, this is not the iOS I have been using for all years. It's slow, buggy and feels cheap android. I don't care what others saying, this is what I am experiencing.

squeakr

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2010
my iMessages displays my email to the receiver and not my #

Do you have the start new conversations from selection set to your number or your email? When they start the conversation do they use your number or email (as it might be replying with the same accounted started with)?

scoop2mylue

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2010
Indiana
Do you have the start new conversations from selection set to your number or your email? When they start the conversation do they use your number or email (as it might be replying with the same accounted started with)?

I have that I could be reached at both my # and email but the start a conversation part is set to only my #

----------

I thought I heard this was a known bug

RoboWarriorSr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2013
I tried that and s/he wasn't receptive to that advice. Folks complaining about this won't provide any details so who knows? The community wants to help them with problems other people aren't having but can't do it in a vacuum.

I know what you mean, sometimes the Apple Geniuses don't really act like Geniuses. I eventually used one of the two replacements using the AppleCare+ since they wouldn't acknowledge the problem.

hieubui.rtz

macrumors member
May 20, 2013

There is lag in my iPad 4th gen due to cached thumbnails being transformed into actual app when switching between apps

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
They need a fix for ALOT of things...Should at least be smoother than android...As of right now, my iphone 5 is just as jittery as my OLD android phones!

I don't have this issue... I even test drove the Moto X for a few days while I waited for a 5S to come in stock at my local Apple Store. The lag / app issues on that thing were atrocious and made me miss iOS (and I had been using Android phones exclusively from mid2010-early2013). in terms of smoothness for me: iPhone 5S > iPhone 5 > Moto X

that being said, if I could load iOS 7 on the Moto X hardware, that would be a win-win for me! :cool:

Last edited:

CyBeRino

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2011
As there has been no developer seed of either 7.1 or 7.0.3., a release of such within the next to weeks is highly unlikely.

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
As there has been no developer seed of either 7.1 or 7.0.3., a release of such within the next to weeks is highly unlikely.

Apple rarely posts a developer release of a bug fix release which is what 7.0.3 implies.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Bug fix updates, as in x.x.x ones, generally don't have a developer seed. And while minor updates like x.x usually do, it's not always the case, as I recall.

Mabus51

Suspended
Aug 16, 2007
this is only the first iteration of a whole new OS design the first time since iOS inception. It took 12 months to get the complete build of iOS 6 and it took 6 iterations of that iOS's design to get to its complete state. This is a lengthy process and weve only just begun. I am just excited for 7.1

iOS 1.0 was faster and more stable than iOS 7 will ever be. I'm already at the point that I'm waiting on iOS 8. The issues with iOS 7 have been lingering in beta from day 1. Some would get fixed for a short time but would break again with a new update. The music app has never worked right in iOS 7, mail and messages are the two other apps that have been super buggy since beta 1. Safari crashes more now than it ever has. Some apps that pull web data tend to get jammed when scrolling and think you're swiping back. It's not the developer either as it happens in Safari too.

Nevaborn

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2013
iOS 1.0 was faster and more stable than iOS 7 will ever be. I'm already at the point that I'm waiting on iOS 8. The issues with iOS 7 have been lingering in beta from day 1. Some would get fixed for a short time but would break again with a new update. The music app has never worked right in iOS 7, mail and messages are the two other apps that have been super buggy since beta 1. Safari crashes more now than it ever has. Some apps that pull web data tend to get jammed when scrolling and think you're swiping back. It's not the developer either as it happens in Safari too.

iOS 1 didnt have anywhere near the number of features nor animations to deal with and the fact people choose to remember it with rose tinted glasses is laughable. It didnt even have copy and paste on release.

emseven

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2013

It took 6+ releases in 2 and 3 to get it right. We're on 2 releases.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.