Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Brief history:

March 2, 2011: iPad 2 announced
March 9, 2011: iOS 4.3 released

March 7, 2012: the new ipad announced
March 7, 2012: iOS 5.1 released

October 23, 2012: iPad mini and iPad 4th generation announced
November 1, 2012: iOS 6.0.1 released

Last edited:

Ledgem

macrumors 68020
Jan 18, 2008
Hawaii, USA
it is set up for new conversation with my # and not my email
I had this issue on iOS 6 as well. It was causing splitting of conversations, so I set all of my devices to only work with my phone number, not with an email address.

It's a pity that this doesn't work flawlessly even with iOS 7, but it's understandable. If the person you're messaging with doesn't have your email address grouped with your phone number in your contact information, their device will make a second conversation. Ideally the device would merge the conversations once they added the email address to their contact information, but this doesn't happen.

Stuipdboy1000

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
I could see Apple releasing an update for iOS (whether it be 7.0.3 or 7.1) in the next couple of days to fix all the bugs that have been reported over the past few weeks, but also to support iCloud Keychain. That would make even more sense since Mavericks may be launching as soon as today and it is one of the key features that Apple are promoting.

They also promised one of the bugs would be fixed "this month", putting the next release sooner rather than the launch of the new iPads at the start of November,

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
7.0.3 first please. They need to work out of some of the bugs first.

jonasdamn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2013
damn if they wont release today, bothered of bugs, but they should release today, because mavericks will be released today with keychain, so go go 7.1

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
7.0.3 just released. Updating through iTunes!

Changelog:
This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:

• Adds iCloud Keychain to keep track of your account names, passwords, and credit card numbers across all your approved devices
• Adds Password Generator so Safari can suggest unique, hard-to-guess passwords for your online accounts
• Updates lock screen to delay display of "slide to unlock" when Touch ID is in use
• Adds back the ability to search the web and Wikipedia from Spotlight search
• Fixes an issue where iMessage failed to send for some users
• Fixes a bug that could prevent iMessage from activating
• Improves system stability when using iWork apps
• Fixes an accelerometer calibration issue
• Addresses an issue that could cause Siri and VoiceOver to use a lower quality voice
• Fixes a bug that could allow someone to bypass the Lock screen passcode
• Enhances the Reduce Motion setting to minimize both motion and animation
• Fixes an issue that could cause VoiceOver input to be too sensitive
• Updates the Bold Text setting to also change dial pad text
• Fixes an issue that could cause supervised devices to become un-supervised when updating software

For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222

jonasdamn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2013
• Adds back the ability to search the web and Wikipedia from Spotlight search

yey

no iOS7.0.3 via iTunes or OTA

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.