Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Sorry folks,

I've been away a while but I saw mention of a white point slider a loooooong time ago in the 7.1 beta, but I don't see it shown in the summary in the first post (which is brilliant by the way).

Can anyone remember anything about this feature?

Where's this mention of a white point slider? Not even sure what that means..running 7.1 beta 5 here..

DiscoMcDisco

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2013
London
It was in an article for beta 1 I think (I'll try and hunt the link out later)... It may have referred to the change in some stock icons (as in they've adjusted the white point... not 'you can adjust the white point') ...

UPDATE:

"Accessibility: A New option has been added in the Accessibility's Contrast menu, allowing users to reduce iOS 7's white point. This feature joins both the "Button Shapes" and Darken Colors options that were added in an older iOS 7.1 beta."

From: https://www.macrumors.com/2014/01/07/ios71-beta-tidbits/

I'm just interested in if it actually went in, and what adjusting the white point actually does for adjusting the contrast... As in, could I wash out the bright icons by playing with it ;)

Last edited:

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
It was in an article for beta 1 I think (I'll try and hunt the link out later)... It may have referred to the change in some stock icons (as in they've adjusted the white point... not 'you can adjust the white point') ...

UPDATE:

"Accessibility: A New option has been added in the Accessibility's Contrast menu, allowing users to reduce iOS 7's white point. This feature joins both the "Button Shapes" and Darken Colors options that were added in an older iOS 7.1 beta."

From: https://www.macrumors.com/2014/01/07/ios71-beta-tidbits/

I'm just interested in if it actually went in, and what adjusting the white point actually does for adjusting the contrast... As in, could I wash out the bright icons by playing with it ;)

Got it. No, there's no slider. Under Accessibility in the Increase Contrast settings section, there is a simple on/off switch to "Reduce White Point." All this does, essentially, is to make the bright white sections of iOS slightly less bright. Still white, just, not so blindingly white (I don't find the white overwhelming, but I know others do).

Anyways, just makes it a bit easier to look at especially if you're looking at your phone in a dark room.

Davemd93

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
iOS 7 Videos App

Has the text colour in the status bar when you use the videos app being fixed?

Whenever I open the app the time, battery %, operator logo, etc are white so they clash with the UI colour of the videos app.

Edit: Is this possibly just a glitch with my iPhone? (iPhone 4S).

jonasdamn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2013
Has the text colour in the status bar when you use the videos app being fixed?

Whenever I open the app the time, battery %, operator logo, etc are white so they clash with the UI colour of the videos app.

Edit: Is this possibly just a glitch with my iPhone? (iPhone 4S).

If you are talking about videos application status bar glitch whereas you can't see carrier and etc. I had this issue and fixed by two times resetting settings then reset all content and settings and then restoring your backup

harry20larry

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2008
Don't know if this has been around for long, but has anyone noticed that the sliders (brightness and volume) in Control Centre now have a sense of momentum.

You can see this by flicking it, rather than just stopping where your finger was lifted from the screen, it will continue along for a while and come to a gentle stop.

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
iOS 7: All The Little Things! (Featuring iOS 7.1)

Don't know if this has been around for long, but has anyone noticed that the sliders (brightness and volume) in Control Centre now have a sense of momentum.

You can see this by flicking it, rather than just stopping where your finger was lifted from the screen, it will continue along for a while and come to a gentle stop.

That was in the macrumors article announcing beta 3 :)

https://www.macrumors.com/2014/01/07/ios71-beta-tidbits/

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
You can still be precise. Just cos you don't like it, doesn't mean others have to go without :p

You misunderstand. I don't see what the purpose of this would be. What would you be "going without" if that particular action was nonexistent as always? If you can explain how this would be useful, please do. :)

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
You misunderstand. I don't see what the purpose of this would be. What would you be "going without" if that particular action was nonexistent as always? If you can explain how this would be useful, please do. :)

It's more of a "why not" situation, rather than "why."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.