Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Davemd93

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
If you are talking about videos application status bar glitch whereas you can't see carrier and etc. I had this issue and fixed by two times resetting settings then reset all content and settings and then restoring your backup

Thanks for answering!

I've done that but its still the same.

Its nothing major, just a little annoying.

Dj64Mk7

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2013
I made a thread about this, but figured I'd add it here as well. The button to remove profiles in Settings --> General --> Profiles still has the old iOS 6 style to it. The checkmark next to "Verified" also has the old look.

Screenshots will probably do a better job (it's pretty obvious.)

Attachments

• IMG_0016.jpg
    IMG_0016.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 5,457
  • IMG_0651.jpg
    IMG_0651.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 237

MoodyM

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2008
Go into Videos app, then Shared, and choose a shared library. You now get an actual progress circle rather than a constantly spinning one while the shared library loads.

Last edited:

MoodyM

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2008
It also seems like playing a video from a Shared library now marks it as Watched in iTunes.

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
Question on Volume for Media on iOS7

Need some help, I just upgraded to iOS 7 from iOS6.
When I was on iOS6 if I wanted to quickly find out if my volume was turned down (for sounds) I could double tap the home button then scroll all the way to the right (past all my open apps) then I would see the volume slider for sounds.

Where is this on iOS7? I must have had the media sounds turned all the way down because I wasn't getting sounds when an alert came over etc...for instance I got an alert that it was my turn to play this game and I got no sound so when I saw it come over I pressed the volume rocker on the side of the phone and sure enough my volume was turned down. I use to be able on iOS6 to quickly determine if my phone was in this mode and raise the level...how do I get to this from iOS7?

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
When I was on iOS6 if I wanted to quickly find out if my volume was turned down (for sounds) I could double tap the home button then scroll all the way to the right (past all my open apps) then I would see the volume slider for sounds.

Where is this on iOS7? I must have had the media sounds turned all the way down because I wasn't getting sounds when an alert came over etc...for instance I got an alert that it was my turn to play this game and I got no sound so when I saw it come over I pressed the volume rocker on the side of the phone and sure enough my volume was turned down. I use to be able on iOS6 to quickly determine if my phone was in this mode and raise the level...how do I get to this from iOS7?

Use Control Center (swipe up from the bottom of the screen).

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
Use Control Center (swipe up from the bottom of the screen).

Thank you...I keep forgetting about Control Center, I still find myself delving into the menus in settings to do things that are already on Control Center...iOS6 I guess is still embedded in my head.

Shuri

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2011
Bluetooth keeps setting "On" after updates... :p

I guess this is Apple's way to tell us, we can keep Bluetooth on all the time (I don't see any influence in keeping it on all the time without using it), since they need this for iBeacons to work.

swordfish5736

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2007
Cesspool
I guess this is Apple's way to tell us, we can keep Bluetooth on all the time (I don't see any influence in keeping it on all the time without using it), since they need this for iBeacons to work.

airdrop is turned on after updates, turning on bluetooth.

Wetware.

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2014
Sounds like something you would have to do with a Galaxy S4 to reload the page.

Wouldn't be surprised if that actually was something you would have to do for a Galaxy to do something

or something you’d have to do on iOS to perform the undo command.

JSanchez

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2014
Sound issue

I believe you just swipe from the bottom, up.
That should bring up your control pane; volume, wifi, brightness, ect.

There will give you the option to lower or raise the volume.

I hope this was helpful.

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
Can someone tell me why when I update an app in iOS7 that after it updates it still stays in the updates section now showing the date you updated the app, in IOS6 after you updated an app it went away from the update screen, can someone tell me are these apps you updated just stay on this screen forever with the open message next to the app.
I am also not doing auto updates if that matters.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Can someone tell me why when I update an app in iOS7 that after it updates it still stays in the updates section now showing the date you updated the app, in IOS6 after you updated an app it went away from the update screen, can someone tell me are these apps you updated just stay on this screen forever with the open message next to the app.
I am also not doing auto updates if that matters.
Just how it is in iOS 7. You get a history of about last two weeks of updates that have been installed (likely so that you can reference when something was recently updated and what changed, in particular if you have automatic updates enabled, but it's like that even if you don't).

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
So indulge me for a moment since I've only had iOS7 for about a week. Some things I've noticed...using the same wifi and same LTE coverage as iOS6 but I've noticed lag in webpages loading, with iOS6 webpages would load almost instantaneous now with iOS7 they added a progress bar at the top...this is bad because now I am looking at the progress bar and waiting for webpages to load and adding to the fact that it's slower. I remember when I first got my iphone 5 and saying wow LTE is so fast it loads faster than my wifi. But with iOS7 it is noticably slower.

My ways of dealing with all the bright/white....I am always using private mode when browsing the web, on my black phone it just looks so much better...I guess this is the best it will get regarding a darker theme. For my wallpaper I picked a photo I took that has a darker theme so that helps with less white. I still hate the photo gallery and music app that still uses this bright white background.

I'm begining to believe that the reason I am getting slightly better battery life is because I am forced to turn the brightness level down to about 40% on daily use while I was using about 60% on iOS6.

I also think with all the changes they made to the camera app going from iOS6 to iOS7 I have noticed with iOS7 it uses much much more battery just using the app. It seems the picture are better quality but at the sacrifice of battery.

Last edited:

jonasdamn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2013
So indulge me for a moment since I've only had iOS7 for about a week. Some things I've noticed...using the same wifi and same LTE coverage as iOS6 but I've noticed lag in webpages loading, with iOS6 webpages would load almost instantaneous now with iOS7 they added a progress bar at the top...this is bad because now I am looking at the progress bar and waiting for webpages to load and adding to the fact that it's slower. I remember when I first got my iphone 5 and saying wow LTE is so fast it loads faster than my wifi. But with iOS7 it is noticably slower.

My ways of dealing with all the bright/white....I am always using private mode when browsing the web, on my black phone it just looks so much better...I guess this is the best it will get regarding a darker theme. For my wallpaper I picked a photo I took that has a darker theme so that helps with less white. I still hate the photo gallery and music app that still uses this bright white background.

I'm begining to believe that the reason I am getting slightly better battery life is because I am forced to turn the brightness level down to about 40% on daily use while I was using about 60% on iOS6.

I also think with all the changes they made to the camera app going from iOS6 to iOS7 I have noticed with iOS7 it uses much much more battery just using the app. It seems the picture are better quality but at the sacrifice of battery.

I was taking pictures (made 18 photos) and haven't closed photo app and after 20 minutes battery decreased by 18% :O
iOS 7.0.6 iPhone 5S

hamis92

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2007
Finland
So indulge me for a moment since I've only had iOS7 for about a week. Some things I've noticed...using the same wifi and same LTE coverage as iOS6 but I've noticed lag in webpages loading, with iOS6 webpages would load almost instantaneous now with iOS7 they added a progress bar at the top...this is bad because now I am looking at the progress bar and waiting for webpages to load and adding to the fact that it's slower.

The progress bar isn't a new thing, it's been there since the very beginning, since iPhone OS 1.0. It even used to be more prominent before: it filled the whole address bar with blue instead of being just a thin line.

Imory

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2013
Wonderland
The font in favorites from contacts looks blurry to me. Actually the font in favorites is a lot thicker compared to "recents".

And unfortunately the translucency in control center has been reduced greatly, which is a shame cause it was pretty much perfect. Now it's really not that far from what iPhone 4 users get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.