Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gewawd

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2013
Asia
You should add to 7.1 final: Manually control when Siri listens by holding down the Home button while you speak and releasing it when you’re done.

fs454

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Los Angeles / Boston
You may already know this but if you like a dark theme especially while reading forums, you can set your home button to change to dark theme with 3 clicks.

Go to Settings>General>Accessibility>Scroll all the way down to Accessibilty Shortcut>Click Invert Colors (this will place a check mark next to that item. Then when you are in Safari reading a forum (like this one) just click your home button 3 times and it will revert to black theme, easier to read in the dark. Easy to switch it back to regular just hit home button 3 times to revert back. :cool:

I used to use this all the time until I realized it adds a large delay to the operation of the home button. Trying to go home takes twice as long to respond with that option enabled. No idea why they couldn't figure that one out to avoid that.

SRASC

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2012
Trinidad & Tobago
Do like the overall speed improvements & UI updates

Don't like that contact pictures are basically thumbnails & the damned HDR bug from 7.0.3 is still around.

Puponautas

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2014
Anyone noticed this?
-At settings/sound/sent mail- listening any ringtone while vibration is turned on, only works ringtone, no vibration reaction

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
I can no longer sync over wifi with iTunes and I can no longer charge my iPhone with my Belkin charger. why?

Wifi sync stopped working on my 4S but it told me I had to plug it in again. It now works. Have you tried plugging it in?

I don't know about the Belkin charger - is it just a cable? I'm sure Apple are clamping down on third party chargers. My Sony speaker dock still works.

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
Finally they removed the annoying "you must disable airplane mode to send a message" alert on iMessage!! :D

hamis92

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2007
Finland
I used to use this all the time until I realized it adds a large delay to the operation of the home button. Trying to go home takes twice as long to respond with that option enabled. No idea why they couldn't figure that one out to avoid that.

It's only logical. If you need a triple-click to activate something, the system obviously needs to give the user time to accomplish these three clicks. It wouldn't be desirable to perform the one-click action immediately after the first click if the three-click (or even double-click) action is what the user wants. Since the system couldn't possibly know beforehand what the desired action is, it needs to wait and see how many times the button is clicked within a certain timeframe.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
Only if you drag it up some more beyond the end…possibly there as a separator to cloud tabs that might be present (although I guess it should show up when they are actually there).

I have cloud tabs off. It was never there before and looks like a graphical error.

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
It's only logical. If you need a triple-click to activate something, the system obviously needs to give the user time to accomplish these three clicks. It wouldn't be desirable to perform the one-click action immediately after the first click if the three-click (or even double-click) action is what the user wants. Since the system couldn't possibly know beforehand what the desired action is, it needs to wait and see how many times the button is clicked within a certain timeframe.

For me there is no wait time on the 3 clicks or getting to the home screen so I like this option for darker theme at night when reading a forum. It's true that normal colors are messed up but most times on a forum color are not a problem you can also quickly 3 click back to look at a photo or something. The only time it may be slow for me is my own user error when clicking too fast and the phone not registering it so that's my fault not the phone when I don't center my finger right on the home button.

All apple needs to do is implement a night mode, how hard would that be?

Another thing I don't like is when you turn on reduce motion and increase contrast and reduce transparency it puts a gray color banner on the dock, on my black iphone it's ok but I'd rather it be black instead of gray.

sdilley14

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2007
Mesa, AZ
So it looks like they've ditched the translucence in the dock, folders, and Control Center in favor of a solid, drab grey background?? Or is it just me?

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
Just a small thing : When placing a call , the green call button turns around and becomes red.

I love the update ,the only thing I really hate is the incoming call screen...What were they thinking :eek:

Wormald

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2011
London
UK Siri is a lot faster - virtually instant for most queries, and only 2-3 seconds wait every now and then - no 10 second + interminable waits anymore.

An important development, considering how far ahead Google Now has been recently, and that the "iWatch" will likely include Siri as a main selling point.

RedFred

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2014
Safari no longer offers to save passwords for all sites

In previous versions of Safari, there was a preference to save passwords for all sites, even ones that had requested the browser not to do so. That seems to have gone away in 7.1 Is anyone else able to save passwords for all sites?

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
In previous versions of Safari, there was a preference to save passwords for all sites, even ones that had requested the browser not to do so. That seems to have gone away in 7.1 Is anyone else able to save passwords for all sites?

It still autofills for me on two sites where I know the site tries to keep you from saving passwords.

So maybe the option just defaults to "on" now. This makes sense; it should always be up to the user whether to save passwords or not.

Indoobidubly

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2013
Can anyone tell me what the phone/keyboard icon is that's next to the battery percentage in the upper right corner?

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    360.6 KB · Views: 333
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.