Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dj64Mk7

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2013
I'm sure this has been mentioned in 201 pages somewhere but location services still uses the old location icons, but in other areas of settings a new icon without the inner shadow is used. Drives my OCD crazy!

At the bottom of the pane in your screenshot, there is a description of what the different icons mean. See the attached screenshot.

Attachments

• IMG_0071.jpg
    IMG_0071.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 525
  • IMG_0072.jpg
    IMG_0072.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 513

gewawd

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2013
Asia
I sometimes get a 'Slide to Answer' button and sometimes two separate buttons (red and green), one to answer and one to decline a call. Why?

You get the "Slide to Answer" interface when your iPhone is locked. And the separate call & decline buttons when your device is unlocked.

SeVeN

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2006
San Jose
I sometimes get a 'Slide to Answer' button and sometimes two separate buttons (red and green), one to answer and one to decline a call. Why?

I think the slide to answer is when your phone is locked and the red/green buttons appear when the phone is unlocked.

Bacong

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan
Anyone experiencing a bug where searching in the App Store does not work? Links that redirect to the App Store do not work either. Closing the store app doesn't fix it, it requires a reboot.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Anyone experiencing a bug where searching in the App Store does not work? Links that redirect to the App Store do not work either. Closing the store app doesn't fix it, it requires a reboot.
I've been seeing some links to the App Store not working recently, but search seems to be fine.

abshole765

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
If I get an iMessage or text and the screen was locked, Almost every time I unlock the screen the message disappears from notification center, but everything else stays there.

abshole765

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Found this one out today... Even if the music app is open, if the last source played is something else, the play/pause buttons on headphones won't start playing the song.

zbackman

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2013
More a downgrade apple getting worse

First I've been using Macs fo over 25 years. I understand the jarring shifts can sometimes be disconcerting, but Apple is increasingly making thing unduly complex and requiring me to Know things in advance.

This cover flow app changing is a major downgrade. In 6, four finger swipe up revealed 6-8 apps across the bottom, easy and quick to see all open apps and shift.

7 gives me a maximum of three on any one screen. It is annoying to the eyes to see these huge screen shots of whatever the ios has decided to keep, but it is often not the screen I was working on. Major Fail.

Videos with no way to display names. I have 38 videos which apparently I had to put into "Home Movies" of which there was no mention unless I RTFM, which as a long time user I have the honor in the dictionary of to have my picture next RTFM. If I wanted to Read the Manual, I would buy. Windoz mackine.

So now I have 19 black rectangles, ah the elegant simplicity, and I am guessing this is to help me keep a young fresh brain by requiring I memorize the order.

I have 3 icons with a picture and 12 with the same picture because this is how those videos were made in Final Cut. When moving the videos to the iPad did it asked, would you like this in home movies? And since I had names in 6, why not give me the choices. I did not know I had home movies until I called AppleCare.

Stupid and major fail.

Edit movies in Video. "No, you would have to load them into photos."
Oh you mean load two copies of everything on the device that by having only 64GB makes every byte precious?

How odd for me to think Video might be related to video and photos to photos.

But videos are for commercial videos and your home movies! You should not edit a commercial video. Well I can on my Mac.

Well, yes but you shouldn't.

I do not need a new mommy, but in case none of you have heard of Snowden, Big Brother is already watching.

So stupid that my video editing software cannot access my Video library. Major fail.

Control Panel is a wonderful touch, but add a small icon to open music if I want to shift the song/album/artist I am in.

7.1 ships with update apps automatically ON and does it in the background, trust me I did not change any settings and it also managed to by pass Apple's 100mb download without wifi (no this is not the cell provider's restriction, I have checked with senior management and engineers at three different cell providers). Finding wifi in India is like finding an honest politician. But I have 4G connecting my iPad over cellular with. 12mbps unlimited data download package. Finally did find an Internet cafe with wifi and connected at a blistering 90kbps! Better than counting sheep for putting you to sleep.

So auto update updated 20.5 of my apps before eating in this case a 3G restricted to 2GB downloads, hiccups in the middle of Pages corrupting the app.

Major fail
100 mb restriction Apple's apparently to save me clogging the network, see mommy big brother reference above.
Major fail but that has been there from the beginning. So not unique to ios 7

Do we fix Keynote so when I export an iMac created Keynote with recording to my iPad it strips out the vocal (the Window's computer owning AppleCare advisor tried to explain that an iPad was not a Mac. Wow. Why leave those noisy vocal tracks in my movies?)

I understand Pages, Keynote and GarageBand are stripped down, but leave at least a Gstring on the puppies.

I want it to be simple and functional with ME making the choices on a few things like labeling my videos, being able to access my video library with video editing software, and not having to psychically knowing I needed to label my videos as home movies or put them into Photos.

I think while hiring Google coders may be honored, hiring Windows software programmers seems to be on the rise at apple. Little by little it is really important things like 3d main screen, but screw having things work. Maybe it should have been given a name is Vista to warn us that the Apple philosophy was beta testing a more Microsoft feel and functionality.

Fredster730

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2014
Miami, FL
Hey everyone,

Does anyone know how to re-enable the Over-the-Air (OTA) software update on a jailbroken iPhone 5S with 7.0.4? I read online that Evasi0n blocked it to prevent accidental updates? The charge port suddenly turned faulty on Tuesday so now I can't do any backups/updates through the USB. :( Any advice or tips would really help. Thanks!!

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Hey everyone,

Does anyone know how to re-enable the Over-the-Air (OTA) software update on a jailbroken iPhone 5S with 7.0.4? I read online that Evasi0n blocked it to prevent accidental updates? The charge port suddenly turned faulty on Tuesday so now I can't do any backups/updates through the USB. :( Any advice or tips would really help. Thanks!!

Afaik you cannot do this.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Hey everyone,

You cannot update a jail broken phone OTA. The only way to do it is to plug in. If you can't do that, not sure what to tell you..you'll likely need your lightning port replaced.

dannymercer

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2014
UK
It's a new feature, introduced with beta 2. Definitely a cool one :cool:

All I can say is thank god. I really was getting annoyed that you could only see the odd timestamp in iOS messages. Its a smart implementation to their credit, if a few years late.

abshole765

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Why do my notifications keep getting cleared without me doing it :mad:

I never had notifications disappear no matter how many times I locked/unlocked the phone. If they were in N.C they stayed there til it was cleared or I opened it.

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
iOS 7: All The Little Things! (Featuring iOS 7.1)

Why do my notifications keep getting cleared without me doing it :mad:

I never had notifications disappear no matter how many times I locked/unlocked the phone. If they were in N.C they stayed there til it was cleared or I opened it.

In the missed section or the all section?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.