Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will Android replace iOS?

• Total voters

mcman77

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2011
LOL this is incorrect! maybe you are talking about smart phones because Samsung has sold the most phones the past year! 95million....

Android doesn't make money is why.

When android is selling like 4 billion phones a year, then maybe Apple might be in trouble.

nuckinfutz

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2002
Middle Earth
Not sure how else it could improve at this point, aside from gimmicky customization features.

he/she is not sure either otherwise we would have gotten a list of what needs to be improved.

You can tell the lazy "hit and run" style coming from people that either can't or won't put much brainpower into their opinion.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
he/she is not sure either otherwise we would have gotten a list of what needs to be improved.

You can tell the lazy "hit and run" style coming from people that either can't or won't put much brainpower into their opinion.

They use the generic set of Apple hate replies.

mcman77

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2011
improve in what ways?

I don't think he even knows what improvements he wants from iOS lol :eek:

Personally I do see room for improvement though. Android, not sure what route they are taking, will merge or eventually take the role of chrome OS and stand on its own or as a whole. That is happening fast.

The room for improvement that i'd like from iOS is a narrower gap (that IMO is inevitable) with OSX bring you to a more seemless means of computing on a iMac, mbp ipad etc.

It is happening, i'm just impatient and would like it to come faster.

Jb07

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2011
Dallas
Android and iOS aren't going to die anytime soon. Android manufacturers (specifically Samsung) are starting to catch up to Apple in terms of sales numbers and profits.

iEvolution

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
This makes no sense, what do you mean they can't co-exist?

Is there one brand of TVs? No.
Is there one brand of Microwaves? No.
Is there one brand of phone? No.
Is there one company that makes web browsers? No.

Companies can co-exist just fine. So no neither one is going to kill the other in my opinion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.