Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

briankeith513

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Very very disappointing to see that the bookmarks window is still fixed on page until you press the icon to remove. Obviously more people need to complain to apple ! It closes in portrait mode yet is totally user unfriendly in landscape.

Do you mean that irritating window in the left side of the safari browser screen, when using in landscape mode? If so, what icon do you press to remove it?

asu1996

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2013
Battery draining noticeably faster with iOS 8.1 on my 5S.

+1 here. Very noticeable.

----------

Just because YOU don't understand something doesn't mean others won't want the function.

There are many times and/or places where LTE or 3G DOES NOT WORK, yet the phone will keep trying to use LTE or 3G.

Having a toggle switch to force it to 2G makes it work.

Getting NO CONNECTION on LTE or 3G is far worse than "slow data" on 2G.

Slow down big guy. I was just making a point. I have never seen my phone not get at least 3G. Mine never has gone below that so maybe I am in mostly good cell network areas.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
First impressions with my 4S are all positive compared to 8.0.2.

However like many have mentioned there are still a lot of the same bugs.

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
Safari still won't remember the order I set for extensions! Argh!

Is anyone else on 8.1 seeing this? Or do I have to reset or something?

I can confirm this bug.

No fix that I know of, other than Apple actually spending time making Safari usable.

----------

The stupid safari spinning animation still isn't fixed.

I can confirm this bug as well.

OldSchoolMacGuy

Suspended
Jul 10, 2008
Still seeing Bluetooth issues. Drops after a while. At least now it reconnects but it drops again after a minute or two. Big headache in the car with the stereo.

If you're experiencing issues, PLEASE take 1 minute to report it directly to Apple. DON'T rely on others to do it for you. It makes a huge difference if 100 people report it vs 1000. The more reports they get, the faster they'll recognize it's an issue and the quicker they'll work to resolve it.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

briankeith513

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Its the icon that looks like an opened book.

Ok I see it, thanks. I noticed that, when in landscape mode in safari, if that bookmark screen was there, Safari would crash in like 3 seconds. However, after removing the bookmark screen, Safari is stable.

kyjaotkb

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2009
London, UK
Why don't you just go to Apple's website and read Handoff and Instant Hotspot requirements?

Supported by the following Mac models:

MacBook Air (2012 or newer)
MacBook Pro (2012 or newer)
iMac (2012 or newer)
Mac mini (2012 or newer)
Mac Pro (Late 2013)

Wow it is pretty confusing... So Handoff encompasses AirDrop? Why is Yosemite on my MBA saying that I can Airdrop to iPhones and iPads around me then? Why does Airdrop now require Bluetooth, it was not the case before... when I was using it between 2 Macs. Oh and my Air is BLE enabled, not sure why Apple refused it the Airdrop "new wave" treatment... Sounds like they made it quite messy?

----------

Also this doesn't explain why iPad 4 and iPhone 6 dont AirDrop to each other, does it? has somebody managed to make it work?

Why don't you just go to Apple's website and read Handoff and Instant Hotspot requirements?

Supported by the following Mac models:

MacBook Air (2012 or newer)
MacBook Pro (2012 or newer)
iMac (2012 or newer)
Mac mini (2012 or newer)
Mac Pro (Late 2013)

lockerc18

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2012
definitely fixed the copy/paste bug on Safari.. that even happening was unbelievable in the first place and annoying....
For you, maybe. For me, not so much. And there are others who still have copy / paste problems, too.

So I wouldn't categorize it as "fixed" quite yet.

sticko

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2010
In iOS 7, DND is supposed to give people who call you a waiting signal (not answering).

Now in iOS 8, instead it give people who call a busy tones (same with blocked call function). This is defeating the purpose, since that same people will keep trying to call you. So when we set the Repeated Call function on, it will ring.

Last edited:

EdgardasB

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2014
Lithuania
+1 here. Very noticeable.

----------

Slow down big guy. I was just making a point. I have never seen my phone not get at least 3G. Mine never has gone below that so maybe I am in mostly good cell network areas.
Restored as new and first time from all iOS releases noticed huge battery drain. 2 hours usage, 13 hours standby and left only 43% :O

Yaboze

macrumors 6502a
May 31, 2007
The Garden State
I have this problem with 8.02: Updating apps doesn't dim them with the clock like animation. 8.1 doesn't fix it either.

This is on a iPhone 6 that came with 8.0 out of the box and I updated to 8.02 then 8.1.

paulie6978

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2010
The Cradle of Liberty
my quick reply from the home screen banner or lockscreen doesn't seem to be working.

If i slide to the left and click reply the keyboard will show but then it freezes and wont let me type or respond.....

anyone else have this issue as well?

i have an iphone 6 plus.

ipooed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
As said previously every issue you find submit it here it only takes an extra minute (unless your copy and paste don't work)

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
they fixed the stupid "stacks+backboardd" log files on 8.1

none appears anymore after a day of usage

Dreamboy

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2012
Why anyone would want to go down to 2G is beyond me...good lord lol. But ok I guess everyone has their own way of doing things.

Well... I used this feature a lot on iOS6. I got almost 50% more battery time using Edge instead of 3G. That's a good reason.

Akr706

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2014
Still seeing Bluetooth issues. Drops after a while. At least now it reconnects but it drops again after a minute or two. Big headache in the car with the stereo.

If you're experiencing issues, PLEASE take 1 minute to report it directly to Apple. DON'T rely on others to do it for you. It makes a huge difference if 100 people report it vs 1000. The more reports they get, the faster they'll recognize it's an issue and the quicker they'll work to resolve it.

As said previously every issue you find submit it here it only takes an extra minute (unless your copy and paste don't work)

You should be knowing that "iOS 8.1" has not been added to the dropdown list there yet.

adamgbiggs

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2013
UK
Anyone else have this bug? When opening the camera app on my i6 (from closed, not running in background) the first photo I capture has no shutter sound, but all the ones after It does.

Thanks,
Adam.

Beefburga

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2009
Update to IOS 8.1?.......... No chance!!!

Still considering. Will update after several days!

This is the first time i've not updated my iPhone since owning them from the very start.

I currently have no issues with 8.0.2 and reading the reports of many, to be honest has frightened the ****e out of me.

Wifi issues
Freezing issues
Respring issues
Battery issues

As someone else posted, you will always get a higher majority of people posting complaining about something than people taking the time to report whats working well.

My only gripe now is that annoying notification badge on my settings icon pleading with me to update.........

OldSchoolMacGuy

Suspended
Jul 10, 2008
You should be knowing that "iOS 8.1" has not been added to the dropdown list there yet.

That's fine. They don't ever update that quickly. They'll still funnel it to where it needs to be. State that you're using 8.1 in the comments.

EdgardasB

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2014
Lithuania
Anyone getting Safari freezes on iPad while writing? Appears randomly and need to kill Safari app and wait a little bit till Safari opens. Annoying so much.

Imory

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2013
Wonderland
Something else I noticed on the 5S is if you have 20-50 in your recents (phone app), when tapping the upper part of the screen (to make it scroll automatically) it actually drops frames. It never did that on iOS 7 and the interface is exactly the same as iOS 8 (8.1).

Yeah, this is planned obsolescence at its finest or just terrible coding by Apple. For all I care it's the same anyway in this case. The A7 is plenty fast enough to handle iOS cause the truth of the matter is that the amount of functions and overhead in iOS is nothing compared to the ridiculous increase in processing power (Apple mentioned 50X since the first iPhone)?

There's no reason why iOS 8 shouldn't run as smooth as iOS 7 on the 5S and if they don't fix this soon, they I'd definitely say they intentionally slow their devices on purpose.

The iPhone 5 I have next to it running iOS 7 (7.1.2) obviously doesn't drop any frames when you make it automatically scroll up in recents (phone app). Buttery smooth.

Wrote that in another thread.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
This is the first time i've not updated my iPhone since owning them from the very start.

I currently have no issues with 8.0.2 and reading the reports of many, to be honest has frightened the ****e out of me.

Wifi issues
Freezing issues
Respring issues
Battery issues

As someone else posted, you will always get a higher majority of people posting complaining about something than people taking the time to report whats working well.

My only gripe now is that annoying notification badge on my settings icon pleading with me to update.........

Actually maybe updating as soon as it drops may be a good idea. Then you can go back if things are not working as expected. After a few days Apple stops signing old versions then you cannot go back. As for 8.1 verses 8.0.2, it is definitely better on iP6. Even the beta 2 was. Wifi definitely faster now if you look at speedtest results. No battery issues, no freezing and no resprings for me. Of course there will be some out there who may be having some of these issues. I had several on 8, then a few on 8.0.2 but none on 8.1. FWIW

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.