Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
The change log says that it contains bug fixes and improvements.

Bug Fixes and Minor Improvements:
  • Copy and paste bug in Safari is partially fixed.
  • Like iOS 8.1.2, The problem where ringtones purchased through the iTunes Store may have been removed from your device is addressed.
  • Improved support for Passbook's built-in Barcode Scanner.
  • Improved stability for enterprise network encryption protocols such as EAP (Extensible Authentication Protocol), as well as VPN protocols such as L2TP and PPTP.
  • Improved support for document picker.
  • Improved stability for Metal API.
  • Improved support for app suggestions.
  • Improved stability for compass and motion sensor calibration.
  • Improved storage usage calculation for Calendar, Contacts, Mail, Messages, Music, Passbook, Software Updates and Ringtones.
  • Improved support for Addis Ababa, Blantyre, Grand Turk, Jamaica, Ho Chi Minh, Novokuznetsk, Pyongyang, Seoul, Minsk and Fiji timezone configuration.
  • Improved localisation for German users across the entire OS. For example, power-related alerts are now correctly translated into German.

New Features:
  • Minor UI tweaks for Spotlight movie search, Wikipedia search and welcome screen.
  • Support for Bougainville time-zone.
  • Weather WatchKit Extension has been added.
  • Added settings pane for Apple Watch apps: Health, Phone Relay and Weather.
  • Apple Watch Apps without a proper icon now has a hexagon-shaped grid-system placeholder.
  • An UltraLight variant of San Francisco font "AppleSDGothicNeo-UltraLight" has been added.
  • Miscellaneous Apple Watch UI artwork are added, ranging from Phone call relay, Password preferences to the Apple logo itself.
  • Singapore English added for Siri.

Bugs:
  • Music app crashes after listening to music to an extended period of time.
  • Still can't close iCloud Tabs
  • Wallpaper creation is still broken - Perspective Zoom is enabled, but there is no motion in the preview until you turn Perspective Zoom off and on again
  • SpringBoard status bar is still broken sporadically when the wallpaper is light and the status bar is supposed to be dark, causing light statusbar on light wallpaper, with an unreadable result
  • Custom keyboards still do not animate properly when showing, causing an ugly jump.
  • Do not disturb icon doesn't show when activated / deactivated. Or just appears and is stuck. (iPhone 6 Plus)
  • Weather in Notification Center can't be changed from Fahrenheit to Celsius.

Last edited:

falkedup

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2011
Does it fix the issue where you mark one item as complete in notifications and they all disappear?

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
I'm interested in and using the beta, but for me, beta 1 was actually quite stable and fixed all of the issues that I was aware of in 8.1.1.

I'm sure there is a much smaller audience for this beta than there was for the iOS 8.0 betas, though.

The only potential issue I saw in beta 1 was flaky bluetooth, but I'm not entirely certain whether that was an iOS issue or a problem with my pebble. I haven't been using beta 2 long enough to see if it's resolved the flakyness.

v1597psh

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2014
London
Notes on the iOS Dev Center:

Over-the-air installation of iOS 8.2 beta 2 is available for all devices with the exception of iPad Air 2 (Model A1566) and iPad mini 3 (Model A1601). Please use the links below with iTunes to update your device.

matthew2926

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2013
Michigan
Notes on the iOS Dev Center:

Over-the-air installation of iOS 8.2 beta 2 is available for all devices with the exception of iPad Air 2 (Model A1566) and iPad mini 3 (Model A1601). Please use the links below with iTunes to update your device.

Sorry, missed this. Just removed the bug I posted regarding this. Nice catch!

Makale.Helvetia

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
İSTANBUL - TÜRKİYE
Bugs:
Music app crashes after listening to music to an extended period of time.

That's just happened to me one time.. Today i've listeden music about 1,5 hours and nothing happens..no crashes anymore..

skwood

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2013
England
Does anyone else find the transition between the lock screen and home screen's status bar really jarring in 8.2? Can't remember it being this way in 8.1...

On the lock screen it is slightly bigger and it reverts to iPhone 6 size in the home screen but the transition just looks terrible.

Trader05

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2014
Does anyone else find the transition between the lock screen and home screen's status bar really jarring in 8.2? Can't remember it being this way in 8.1...

On the lock screen it is slightly bigger and it reverts to iPhone 6 size in the home screen but the transition just looks terrible.

I noticed this last night also on my 6 Plus.

I'm still getting the bug where do not disturb in a group text doesn't work. Anyone find a fix? I tried turning off then on.

RoboWarriorSr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2013
From some youtube videos, it seems that beta 2 continually improves on performance for low end devices compared to 8.1.2. The lag that occurs on tapping apps no longer seems to occur or is much improved.

LeoNatan

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2013
Bugs:
Music app crashes after listening to music to an extended period of time.

everyboy please report this bug to apple..

hope they'll quickly patch it and release a hotfix or beta 3..
Don't count on it. Next beta will be after the holidays most likely.

----------

Has the Safari closing iCloud beta tabs been fixed here?

LeoNatan

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2013
No, I have not installed on my main device. Keeping that on 8.1 while Apple keeps ****ing up these builds.

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
Does it fix the disappearing notifications on the lock screen? To replicate: Get a notification from WhatsApp around three seconds after you lock the phone and the screen will turn back on without any notifications in the lockscreen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.