Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

funkdoc23

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2012
Los Angeles
Do not disturb icon doesn't show when activated / deactivated. I've reset and turned off and icon doesn't appear. when toggling.

XmeX

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2014
Apple watch (which is sucks for me) being the most important product for Apple ?!

RebornProphet

Suspended
Nov 3, 2013
Has iOS 8.2 solved this performance "bug"?

When clicking Safari's omnibar there is a choppy transition to my available bookmarks. On iOS 8.1 there was a slight delay and a jerky animation as the address slides left to reveal its full URL.

And how is typing? On my iPad Air on iOS 8.1 the keyboard wasn't as responsive as on iOS 7.1.2.

paulg1981

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2014
Try toggling it off and on... see it the icon disappears and re appears! Even if i turn off it seems to stay stuck or not appear at all.

I don't know what to say, it works fine for me?! Toggling off and on hides and shows the icon as expected.

funkdoc23

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2012
Los Angeles
mine is not even toggling..do not disturb is activating but no icon is displaying on the screen.. i sent a feedback to Apple.

Yeah thats the same problem i’m having... it appears but when deactivated its stuck. It’s on a 6 Plus is that helps.

----------

I don't know what to say, it works fine for me?! Toggling off and on hides and shows the icon as expected.

What phone are you using? It’s doing it on my 6 Plus only. I’ll send it to apple... I’ve restored as new twice.

paulg1981

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2014
Yeah thats the same problem i’m having... it appears but when deactivated its stuck. It’s on a 6 Plus is that helps.

----------

What phone are you using? It’s doing it on my 6 Plus only. I’ll send it to apple... I’ve restored as new twice.

Verizon 6 plus

iOSBry

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2013
From some youtube videos, it seems that beta 2 continually improves on performance for low end devices compared to 8.1.2. The lag that occurs on tapping apps no longer seems to occur or is much improved.
Aside from very minor nits (weather app dropping frames), I'm seeing considerable improvements across the board with animations, scrolling, etc. as well as noticeable improvements in responsiveness across the board in iOS 8.2 beta 2.

Hopefully they'll resolve the dropped frames issue in the weather app and the other nits I have.

iOSBry

flybub

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2011
Any wifi fixes on 8.2? My 6 plus is on 8.1.2 and keeps disconnecting from my router at home and at work. My cell data is going through the roof because of this issue. This day in age this should not be a problem, especially since people have been reporting this since 8 dropped. This a GREAT device but having to constantly either toggle Airplane Mode or restart the phone is a major pain and shouldn't happen with a device that "just works". I've had no issue at all with my Macbook, windows laptop, or Android tablet. Doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason to it either, just drops. It will recognize it again when I go into settings but it won't reconnect.

crashoverride77

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2014
Aside from very minor nits (weather app dropping frames), I'm seeing considerable improvements across the board with animations, scrolling, etc. as well as noticeable improvements in responsiveness across the board in iOS 8.2 beta 2.

Hopefully they'll resolve the dropped frames issue in the weather app and the other nits I have.

iOSBry

Awesome. How are UI glitches like that damn folder corner glitch, are they addressing those finally?

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
So you're saying that the bubbles don't move anymore?

I think he means that the bubbles reset every time you exit an app, go to multitasking view, in lock screen and when you unlock. On iOS 7 the bubble animation did not reset and continued after each action.

RoboWarriorSr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2013

iOSBry

I believe even new devices have dropped frames on the weather app though not to the extent of A5 devices. Whatever Apple did, it broke the weather app to some degree.

iOSBry

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2013
Awesome. How are UI glitches like that damn folder corner glitch, are they addressing those finally?
That has not been fixed in this build. Have you field a bug for that issue at https://bugreport.apple.com/?

iOSBry

----------

I think he means that the bubbles reset every time you exit an app, go to multitasking view, in lock screen and when you unlock. On iOS 7 the bubble animation did not reset and continued after each action.
Do you know if a bug has been filed at https://bugreport.apple.com/ for that issue?

iOSBry

EdgardasB

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2014
Lithuania
Have they fixed iPad photos app albums opening with swyping gestures bug whereas after opening album background becomes black for some seconds?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.