Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Stuntman06

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2011
Metro Vancouver, B.C, Canada
This mainly happens with the messages app, but sometimes with others. I'm using Fleksy. Have you used this keyboard before?

I mostly use Swype right now and occasionally SwiftKey. I haven't tried Fleksy. For messaging, I use MS Lync which has the landscape bug and I have to resort to the standard keyboard. I mostly use Google+ and Pulse on my phone.

dahauss

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2009
I think I got hooked on nintype. Awesome

yea. I've started to like it more and more. I especially like the feature that you have to long press the globe to switch keyboards so you cannot hit it by accident which I seem to do with other keyboards.

Piertown

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2013
London
Any of you beta testing next keyboard? If so, what do you think of it?
I am.I think it has massive potential but it is definitely a beta still.Its the best one i have tried so far and i love the cursor select and delete function.Still a way to go yet though

dahauss

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2009
Nintype just released an update. It seems swipe feature is not as accurate as previous version. Did they change something?

iEyeEye

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2014
Nintype just released an update. It seems swipe feature is not as accurate as previous version. Did they change something?

Nintype's swipe performance didn't change for me at all with the update; still superb. AFAIK Jormy didn't change swipe mechanics or dictionary logistics.

dahauss

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2009
Nintype's swipe performance didn't change for me at all with the update; still superb. AFAIK Jormy didn't change swipe mechanics or dictionary logistics.

Well it seems different to me. I swiped well and kept getting ell. It also seems I need to select the word more as it seems its less forgiving for sloppy swiping.

iEyeEye

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2014
...I swiped well and kept getting ell.

If you want to type "well" more often than "ell", try changing your word rankings. I'd drop my "ell" ranking to one dot as I don't type that very often.

Tap-hold spacebar, swipe to and release from "words". Find "ell" in the word list (if you've typed it recently, it'll be in the "new" list, else go to the "all" list, go to the last page, and look backwards from there). Tap (don't swipe) on "ell" to see what I call the fine-tune options. Tap on the "one dot" icon. Tap "done". That should decrease the likelihood of Nintype suggesting "ell" over "well" in future.

There are various ways to tweak word rankings - the above method seems to give me the best control of what shows up and what doesn't.

Blarneystone

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2011
I am looking for tips or an app to make TextExpander work with Remote Desktop or Logmein. I do network support for several companies and type the same commands over and over. However, Textexpander doesn't seem to work with either Logmein or microsoft's RDP app.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I am looking for tips or an app to make TextExpander work with Remote Desktop or Logmein. I do network support for several companies and type the same commands over and over. However, Textexpander doesn't seem to work with either Logmein or microsoft's RDP app.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Have you tried just the built-in iOS shortcuts?

chad.petree

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2013
Germany
Which keyboard would you say it's the least buggy ( except from the stock one :D) I love swiftkey's prediction, I mean what better prediction than to look at the words I use :) and also having two languages prediction at a time it's awesome for me since I study languages :D but that keyboard is buggy as hell it refuses to work at all sometimes depending on the app, it just doesn't work at all on the contact list app , it's unaceptable, which one would you recommend to me? Swype? Fleksy?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.