Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I'm getting really bored with the iOS 7 look, I thought the previous iOS design held up and was much more attractive and intuitive.

How long will it be before people start clamoring for a new iOS design again?
It only matters when Apple decides to change it.

Reactions: 3568358

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Do you think Apple will take a huge leap forward with the next version of iOS after 9? If the 6s phones will indeed have ForceTouch, this would open up tons of possibilities for the future. I'm hoping we'll get the following for the iPhone:
  1. iPhone Multi-tasking (with the rollout on the iPad, and the larger phone sizes, this seems obvious)
  2. Improved control center (more options and even some customization)
  3. Ability to close all apps with a touch of a button (not sure if the iOS9 power saver does this?)
What are you hoping to see come with iOS X/10?

Multitasking is virtually useless on anything not the size of a tablet though.

Dydegu

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 9, 2015
Pennsylvania
Multitasking is virtually useless on anything not the size of a tablet though.

If size is the concern, people said the same thing about Blizzard's Hearthstone (which was originally just for desktops, and then tablets). Now you can play the same game on a 3.5" screen.

Besides, there are three types of multitasking. I'm not saying the iPhones will get a full blown split view, but slide over and picture in picture seem easy enough to implement, especially with the RAM bump in the 6S. The YouTube app already does picture in picture and it works great. And interactive banner notifications (responding to texts and Tweets while in another app) are just a precursor to slide over. My prediction is that the RAM bump is so users can beta test these features with the 6S.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.