Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
There generally is no such thing as an in-store replacement. Every watch goes to a repair facility, where I am sure they will downgrade the software, verify the button is bad, and then either fix or replace from that facility. (They make you un-pair the watch before service, which wipes it anyway) Apple Stores do not have watch inventory to just swap them like they do phones. Managers sometimes make exceptions and swap for new inventory. I have also heard some of the larger stores have some limited swap stock, but Chicago did not.

Interesting, thanks. I just wasn't sure if they'd actually service it if you were running the beta.

Reactions: DaveOP

DaveOP

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Portland, OR
Most of the staff there genuinely want to get you up and running. It's much easier to deal with pleasant customers, and give them a solution. At least for me, there was nothing worse than giving someone bad news, so they will do everything in their power to help you out. There are always bad eggs, people having bad days, or situations where there just isn't a good answer, so ymmv

Reactions: batting1000
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.