Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bella92108

macrumors 68000
Mar 1, 2006
I'm talking about the samsung 10.1 and 8.9 that was revamped due to the iPad 2. That makes the xoom the biggest tab in the game. The wifi version was already being released and most likely made, so they had to ship them. I wouldn't doubt a xoom 2 being announced by end of summer.

If I mention 10.1 and 8.9 and you relate that to an iPad, with all the talk of the new sam tabs, you obviously have no clue what's going on, but I digress.

Huh? "revamped" because of the iPad? I'm fairly sure Apple didn't invent widescreen cinema 16:9 or 16:10, you know, the STANDARD in screen sizes for movies? I love how you try to give apple credit for it tho.

bella92108

macrumors 68000
Mar 1, 2006
Correction, iPad 2 have been Jailbroken, Comex is working on getting untethred and it was fix on 4.3.1, but it was JBed long ago on 4.3

Yeah, this is 2011, you can make a movie file, pretend to interact with it, and then call it a jailbreak... but there sure are a lot of people who love to spend their time making videos of "exploits" rather than putting them to use and releasing a usable product for those waiting.

FireSokar

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
Umm...this is all taken directly from their twitter. Comex himself responded to someone asking if they should wait for ion1cs untethered for a 4.3 and up jb or if he was doing one and he said to wait. There literally no indication right now that he's working on a 4.3 jb for the iPad 2. Joshua (of green poison fame) is, as far as I know, the only one that has directly stated that he is in the process of working on an iPad 2 jb. This doesn't mean that comex is not working on another exploit for the iPad 2, but telling people that he definitely is is wrong. Im pretty sure the directory you are talking about is where the exploit was at before 4.3.1.

I never said he was working on an second exploit. His 4.3 Tethered is all I mentioned. They are working on it, and MuscleNerd even said today they are working on making it legal to distribute. 4.3.1 for iPad 2 as this time is probally in the back burner. All that is really needed is for the iPad 2 4.3 to publicly Jailbroken. If someone updated to 4.3.1 thats their fault. If someone updated to 4.3.1 they are obviously new to the game.

evangw

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2008
All that is really needed is for the iPad 2 4.3 to publicly Jailbroken. If someone updated to 4.3.1 thats their fault. If someone updated to 4.3.1 they are obviously new to the game.

Any idea (you, or anyone) if devices made now are now shipping with 4.3.1? I can't remember when Apple starts updating default firmware on their iOS devices, and I couldn't quickly find anything about it. I imagine at some point, Apple switches the default firmware to whatever the newest is, but maybe they only do this for major updates?

Last edited by a moderator:

twentytwo22

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2010
@Wrsford on twitter might have really JB'd it. Doesn't really seem like an April Fool's joke to me.

Dunno, though.

Hyakku

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2010
I never said he was working on an second exploit. His 4.3 Tethered is all I mentioned. They are working on it, and MuscleNerd even said today they are working on making it legal to distribute. 4.3.1 for iPad 2 as this time is probally in the back burner. All that is really needed is for the iPad 2 4.3 to publicly Jailbroken. If someone updated to 4.3.1 thats their fault. If someone updated to 4.3.1 they are obviously new to the game.

Yes, that is the same status comex's exploit has been in for the past three weeks. Right now muscle nerd and the dev team are finishing the 4.3.1 untethered for all devices but the iPad 2. Like I said, I'm not saying they aren't working on it currently or that it won't come out, but right now the 4.3 exploit is exactly that, just an exploit as it has been for the past three weeks. Its not packaged, its not in beta, it's not ready for distribution, there is no eta.

Joshua and green poison have confirmed they are working on the iPad 2 jb and finishing up an a5 compatible jb. And yes, if you updated to 4.3.1 that is your fault, but I don't know why you are telling anyone on this forum as its doubtful that anyone who knows about jbing would have updated.

And to the poster that asked, I hear 4.3.1 is shipping out on new units.

bella92108

macrumors 68000
Mar 1, 2006
And to the poster that asked, I hear 4.3.1 is shipping out on new units.

I can confirm this. Apple store units from March 27 and newer have it. Prior to that I'm not sure. Walmart\Target units from March 30 and newer have 4.3.1 as well. Unsure about BBY or other retail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.