Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

undftd

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2009
Just did the jailbreak with limera1n on my 3.2.2 iPad, worked perfectly, unfortunately it needs a PC to work, the actualy jailbreak was quick, installing iTunes on the PC took forever :(. Got installous on there and downloading apps right now ;)

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
So I been researching this for the past hour and what I've gotten from all this is that LimeRain allows 3.2.2 to be JB put only w/ Windows and not Mac.

Which sucks for me but was reading up on SHSH files and am hearing contradictory stuff on both ends; one saying you can only have the SHSH files if you've saved them before upgrading to 3.2.2 and others that say otherwise.

So far i've downloaded RecBoot and Umbrella...in Umbrella I asked for 3.2.1 for my iPad from Cydia, says I got it but when it comes for me to option-click restore in iTunes (after using RecBoot to put in recovery mode) the SHSH file that Umbrella presents me is not clickable.

Help?

Ksane

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2010
So I been researching this for the past hour and what I've gotten from all this is that LimeRain allows 3.2.2 to be JB put only w/ Windows and not Mac.
Which sucks for me but was reading up on SHSH files and am hearing contradictory stuff on both ends; one saying you can only have the SHSH files if you've saved them before upgrading to 3.2.2 and others that say otherwise.
So far i've downloaded RecBoot and Umbrella...in Umbrella I asked for 3.2.1 for my iPad from Cydia, says I got it but when it comes for me to option-click restore in iTunes (after using RecBoot to put in recovery mode) the SHSH file that Umbrella presents me is not clickable.
Help?

If you've got your own 3.2.1 shsh files you can do what I did the other night. Download an image of the original 3.2.1 firmware and then use your 3.2.1 shsh with Tiny Umbrella to install it then jailbreak with jailbreakeme.com. The exact directions are at https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1014162/
I might not be understanding you right though. Tiny Umbrella let's you store a copy of your shsh on your own computer's hard drive when it finds them.
I wish I could help more.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
If you've got your own 3.2.1 shsh files you can do what I did the other night. Download an image of the original 3.2.1 firmware and then use your 3.2.1 shsh with Tiny Umbrella to install it then jailbreak with jailbreakeme.com. The exact directions are at https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1014162/
I might not be understanding you right though. Tiny Umbrella let's you store a copy of your shsh on your own computer's hard drive when it finds them.
I wish I could help more.

I'm not entirely sure if I have my own personal 3.2.1 shsh files. However do remember visiting Cydia on JB 3.2.1 and it saying in small green font that they were backed up.

I've downloaded the 3.2.1 firmware and is currently on my Mac. With the 3.2.1 shsh files I got from Tiny Umbrella, they're greyed out when it comes time for iTunes to ask me what file to select (after hitting option-click when clicking restore)

Ksane

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2010
If I'm remembering correctly it's not the shsh file you click on after shift/restore. It's the firmware file that you look for and click on. Tiny Umbrella takes over from there.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I'm not entirely sure if I have my own personal 3.2.1 shsh files. However do remember visiting Cydia on JB 3.2.1 and it saying in small green font that they were backed up.

I've downloaded the 3.2.1 firmware and is currently on my Mac. With the 3.2.1 shsh files I got from Tiny Umbrella, they're greyed out when it comes time for iTunes to ask me what file to select (after hitting option-click when clicking restore)

You need to point iTunes to the 3.2.1 firmware, not the SHSH files.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
If I'm remembering correctly it's not the shsh file you click on after shift/restore. It's the firmware file that you look for and click on. Tiny Umbrella takes over from there.

This is awesome news. Duh on my part. I'mexcited to try this out now. Since last attempting this for the past hour I went out to a party to try to feel better..I was seriously pissed about being stuck in 3.2.2 purgatory till novembers update. And I'm typing this post on my phone but ill most likely get outta here soon to go home and try it out.

Frado

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2009
It didn't work for me on 3.2.2. And somehow my shsh's for 3.2.1 got lost, so now I have to wait for a fix. Limerain DID work for my iPhone 4 on 4.1, but not for my iPad which I updated to 3.2.2

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
Thank you.

I'm running 3.2.1 once again, after having 3.2.2 on my iPad. Really. Thank you. I just got home and implemented the tips from this thread and i'm back to 3.2.1 -

Obviously I'll be able to get Cydia and be JB'd till the November update.

Thank you so much.

As one fellow iPad user to the next, i do hope you can understand my appreciation.

:):):):):):):):)

NJBlackBerry

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2010
Limera1n works fine on iPad 3.2.2

I did two of them last night.
Geohot has been fixing bugs on the fly, it is now up to beta 4.

You don't "have to wait for iOS4".

Limera1n works on the iPhone 3gs (not the 3g, as I found out), the iPhone 4, iPod Touch 2g and 3g and the iPad.

http://www.limera1n.com to download

Cloysterpeteuk

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2010
Just done it on my ipad 3.2.2., followed the step by step instructions and it took 5 mins tops and i've never done this kind of thing before, total noob.

I'm a bit daunted by all the million different things in Cydia so I don't actually know how to do any of the things I want it to do :( and I daren't fiddle with packages that I don't know what they are.

I just followed the instructions on ebay to add the source for installous and I've got that working, first thing I downloaded just kept saying invalid api (whatever one of those is) but I tried again on this kart game and that one worked ok.

I would really like the weather/date on the lock screen page, customized slider, add more items to the dock and folders, are there pakages for all these?.

lapino

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2009
Anyone been able to succesfully jailbreak an iPad 3G running 3.2.2 ? I'm new to this and a bit worried I might end up with a broken iPad.

f4780y

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2009
Troon, Scotland
Anyone been able to succesfully jailbreak an iPad 3G running 3.2.2 ? I'm new to this and a bit worried I might end up with a broken iPad.

There are plenty of successful reports on iPad 3.2.2 now, so go ahead.
And for your info, it is impossible to break your iPad by doing this. If something goes wrong you just "restore" in iTunes as normal. Your device will be back to factory settings.

johnrs

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2008
Nottingham - UK
Just JB my iPad running 3.2.2

Tried 4 or 5 times and nothing. This time I turn my iPad into airplane mode and it went like a charm. Cydia did not show until I powered off and on again my iPad

Hope this helps

Manix

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2007
Just JB my iPad running 3.2.2

Tried 4 or 5 times and nothing. This time I turn my iPad into airplane mode and it went like a charm. Cydia did not show until I powered off and on again my iPad

Hope this helps

Windows or Mac os??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.