Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ksane

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2010
Happy Dude, just keep the jailbreak you've got. Me and you are in the same situation with 3.2.1 jail broken iPads. Neither one of us needs to worry about the Limera1n jailbreak they're talking about so don't get confused. Limera1n is for 3.2.2 iPads. Our jailbreak is the original Jailbreakme.com jailbreak.
We don't have to worry about another jailbreak until the iPad 4 update in November. And I'll probably not even bother updating to that because my JB'n 3.2.1 works just perfect the way it is.
This thread is getting confusing because people are discussing the new jailbreak and this thread is about how to downgrade to use Jailbreakme.com

lapino

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2009
Jailbreak worked fine for me on iPad 3G 3.2.2 but when I installed sbsettings from Cydia (about the only reason I want to jb), my iPad went to the Apple-logo with a spinning wheel and then nothing. When I rebooted my iPad after quite a while doing nothing, it was stuck at the Apple logo.

Anyone know if it's possible to install SBsettings on a jailbroken iPad 3G 3.2.2 ? Maybe I just got unlucky, but it took a very long time to restore the whole thing so I'm a bit worried to try it again (iPad is recoverd now and again jailbroken).

cobaltrich27

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2009
D/FW TX
For those that just cant wait!!!

I was reading some people dont have access to Windows. Those waiting for a Mac version if you really want to get this going why not run bootcamp then get a trial version of Windows 7 for free right here.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/cc442495.aspx

This is a 100% legit trial from Microsoft's website you dont even need to worry about bootleg software.

Just scroll to the bottom and grab the Windows 7 trial you only need a free technet account just click then sign up and goooo.

Once you are done boot back into Mac and remove the Windows bootcamp partition. Thats it no more waiting!!!

Also not sure what everyone else is doing but I was able to JB 3.2.2 with Limera1n in Windows 7 no problems my sbsettings works fine. I did do the suggested iPhone restarts after install of Limera1n and after Cydia updates.

Manix

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2007
I'd love to but the boot camp assistant unfortunately does not perform the partitioning of my hard drive for a windows 7 partition....

Pimptastic

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2006
Up North, UK
Anyone know if it's possible to install SBsettings on a jailbroken iPad 3G 3.2.2 ? Maybe I just got unlucky, but it took a very long time to restore the whole thing so I'm a bit worried to try it again (iPad is recoverd now and again jailbroken).

I installed SBSettings last night without an issue

Jamesmacipad

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2010
greenpois0n

Has anyone used greenpois0n ?
If so did it work from a Mac ?

-------------
Sorry is this the correct place to ask this question?

kriista1234

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2008
When you JB it with LR do you get that green raindrop on reboot?

I had my iPad all JBed, then it got stuck on the apple bootup screen, and I had to restore. I tried reJBing, but now the LR app (or Cydia apps) aren't there.

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
When you JB it with LR do you get that green raindrop on reboot?

I had my iPad all JBed, then it got stuck on the apple bootup screen, and I had to restore. I tried reJBing, but now the LR app (or Cydia apps) aren't there.

You get it while the program is running, (just the first time) not on every reboot. Re run it just like you did the first time after a restore, it should work.

kriista1234

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2008
I tried that several times, but the limerain app didn't show up again (even after rebooting it). I'm installing the bootcamp drivers to see if I can update the iTunes, and give it another go.

You get it while the program is running, (just the forst time) not on every reboot. Re run it just like you did the first time after a restore, it should work.

kriista1234

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2008
Tried it again and it worked. It's a bit misleading as it says it's done when it hasn't done it.

I tried that several times, but the limerain app didn't show up again (even after rebooting it). I'm installing the bootcamp drivers to see if I can update the iTunes, and give it another go.

Jamesmacipad

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2010
limera1n on Mac has been released

It seems that limera1n on Mac has been released, has anyone tried a JB using a Mac yet ?
if so
is
limera1n.com
the correct place to download ?

Sherifftruman

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
I can't get limera1n to work on my iPad. (or greenpois0n for that matter) It is fairly new and has 3.2.2 installed from the factory.

I have jailbroken my old iPhone 3g with Spirit and used jailbreakme and greenpois0n on my iPhone 4 without issue, so I know the process and know how to put into DFU (plus I can hear it connect and reconnect on the computer).

The iPhone went off great. Used PKG BAckup and was good to go in a couple of hours like I had never even upgraded. The iPad, however, when using limera1n, goes into recovery, then always goes into DFU fine and limera1n starts its thing, then says its done, only it never comes out of recovery mode. I have to use Tinyumbrella to kick it back out. I've tried it at least 5 or 6 times both with and without iTunes running in the background.

Tried Greenpois0n also and it goes into DFU, comes back and says ready, then starts the process, then at some point it says jailbreak failed and then the iPad reboots. I've followed the iClarified guides and made sure I have the latest version of everything and I just can't get it to work. Am I missing something here that has to be done on the iPad differently from the iPhone? I've searched the web and it does not seem to be a widespread issue (most peopel can't get it to start, but once it does it works fine), but I'm about to pull my hair out and give up.

Jamesmacipad

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2010
Not sure what is going on ...
My experience was fairly smooth
Perhaps reset the iPad back to normal using iTunes and try limera1n again...
Definitely worked.
HTH
ATB

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.