Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jeff R

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2014
I use Living Earth & Radarscope.

Living Earth has stunning graphics & live 3D animation of the Earth in real time. The weather forecast is pretty accurate. I believe they use Weather Underground for their weather data. Great notification widget too!

Radarscope is the best radar app for iOS no doubt! Very professional but expensive.

Both iOS apps are one time purchase for all devices.

Mac versions available at the Mac app store.

I will be getting Dark Sky too. Just waiting for a price drop lol!
Don't really need it now but would love to have it.

ernieH

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2014
+1 for Radarscope....my go-to app for all types of radar-related data. I use Wx and USWeather as well, though there are likely better ones out there [some of which require iOS 7 or 8, but I'm using 6.1.3 on a 4th gen iPad...yes, I know :) I also have a link to the local pilot's weather forecast.

[Living Earth is very nicel as well, but I have that one on my MacBook Pro; the Mac OS version of Radarscope is very $$$$]

Last edited:

Glideslope

macrumors 604
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
We have used WeatherBug from Earth Networks for years on all our iOS devices. I think very highly of it. They make a program called StreamerRT that is used by many Professional Agencies. EX: Fire, Police, Emergency Services etc... Weather apps can be very difficult to decide on. Personal preferences with the interface play a large role.

Hope you find one you like. :apple:

Jeff R

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2014

Attachments

• IMG_0760.PNG
    IMG_0760.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0761.PNG
    IMG_0761.PNG
    932.6 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_0762.PNG
    IMG_0762.PNG
    904.3 KB · Views: 226

cmulls

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2015
Dark Sky = best weather app for iPhone. I like that it will tell me "Rain in 22 minutes", and it's usually correct. It's great for hyper-local weather and has a bunch of bells and whistles for short term forecasting as well since the last update.

Last edited:

BlakeBrattina

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2011
Bay City, MI
I've been using NOAA, but I'm not entirely sold that it's worth paying for. It's rather basic, provides about the same or maybe less that AccuWeather or things of the like can.

I purchased it (for $2.99 I believe) because someone was talking it up and I had a gift card to use.

I will dive into a few of the ones posted previous to this, as I am a weather junkie.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I've been using the Yahoo weather app. It is well designed in pretty accurate for my area, but the notification Center which it is awfully heavy.*

By heavy I mean they use a big image as a background for the widget instead of just giving you the information.

----------

WunderStation by Weather Underground is another cool free app. Precise weather data from over 45,000 weather stations.

Great UI & notification center widget!

Thank you for this! I have never heard of this app, but it looks really nice. And like Jessica Lares said, I can't believe it's free.

Edit: is only nice if it has your city. :(

Last edited:

Cailey1100

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2015
Hi! Have you tried Magical Weather app? It displays week’s worth of temperatures in a transparent pane over a beautiful (but not overly distracting) animated background, and users can swipe to reveal an hourly forecast. I can say that it's accurate. :)

Jeff R

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2014
I've been using the Yahoo weather app. It is well designed in pretty accurate for my area, but the notification Center which it is awfully heavy.*

By heavy I mean they use a big image as a background for the widget instead of just giving you the information.

----------

Thank you for this! I have never heard of this app, but it looks really nice. And like Jessica Lares said, I can't believe it's free.

Edit: is only nice if it has your city. :(

Lol! Seriously? Are you in the U.S. & what state?

cmulls

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2015
What about AccuWeather ?

Accuweather is best for short term forecasting, but Dark Sky owns when you want to know the immediate expectations where your standing. For instance if you want to know if the rain will clear up in the next hour then Dark sky is what you want. However if you want to know the weekly outlook then I'd go with AccuWeather. Different tools for different jobs.

Azbxcy

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2015
Canada
Hi, I use The Weather Network, and I have always found it helpful. It provides a range of viewing the forecast from a day to 2 weeks along with other details such as the map of the region of interest.

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
I used AccuWeather for a couple of years, then switched to eWeather HD. Since iOS 8, I've added Dark Sky to all my devices too, mostly for their notification center weather widget. (That one is mostly useful if you live in a region with a lot of sporadic rain showers. LOL)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.