Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
iPad app for weather

I use accuweather and BeWeather. BeWeather just updated yesterday, officially supporting the iPad. Looks nice too.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Might be time for you to buy a weather station then! :p

It seriously is crazy nuts how many people have them here.

I decided to try it again and someone just installed one two blocks from my house! :eek:

So I can get the info from their station free through this app? Seems too good to be true.

-------

hmmmm, it's several degrees off from what Yahoo Weather says meaning it's several degrees away from what most other weather apps say. Are these noted to be accurage?

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I decided to try it again and someone just installed one two blocks from my house! :eek:

So I can get the info from their station free through this app? Seems too good to be true.

-------

hmmmm, it's several degrees off from what Yahoo Weather says meaning it's several degrees away from what most other weather apps say. Are these noted to be accurage?

Hahaha.

I'm sure people like to have access to other people's readings too.

All the weather stations here are saying something different to what TWC, AccuWeather, Yahoo, and the NOAA are saying right now. It could be off, you'd have to compare it to some of the others around though.

draver

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2015
WunderMap is Awesome!

While you're in iTunes also look at "WunderMap" by Weather Underground. It's fast, accurate and has very localized reporting. There are 3 stations within 1/4 mile of my house. It's map scrolls to anywhere in the world, and quickly gives current temps. pinch zoom in and out, and many maps to choose from like precipitation, fronts, fires, etc. It even has reports from buoys at sea and in large lakes if they have a weather station on board. If you touch any temp dot, it brings up forcast and other data like barometric pressure, humidity, dew point, etc.

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
I like the weather app on the iPhone but I can't seem to find it for the iPad. I'm using The Weather Chanel on my iPad at the minute.

Jeff R

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2014
With Wunderstation, you can view data from LOCAL PERSONAL weather stations. Some cities will have more than 1 weather station and you have the option to choose which station closer to you for more accurate data for wind speed, temp, etc.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
With Wunderstation, you can view data from LOCAL PERSONAL weather stations. Some cities will have more than 1 weather station and you have the option to choose which station closer to you for more accurate data for wind speed, temp, etc.

But whats the difference between that and the Weather Underground app?

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
But whats the difference between that and the Weather Underground app?

They all use the WU network of stations.

Weather Underground is for current conditions. Works like TWC, AccuWeather, WeatherBug, DarkSky, etc.

Storm is for storm threats and focuses more on showing you stuff on a radar.

WunderStation emulates a weather station.

Multiple apps for multiple occasions. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.