Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kultschar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2010
Comex, the guy who is releasing "Spirit", which is the iPad Jailbreak, answered on his Twitter about an hour ago.

The question was:

Here was the answer:

Any hints of what cool things are to come with an iPad jailbreak??? iPhone of course enabled unlocking etc however im not that excited about the iPad jailbreak so would love to know what kinda things will be in store!

iRance

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2009
Great..here comes the 1,000s of “HELP! I messed up on my jailbreak" Threads, or the “there's something wrong with my iPad because it's jailbroken" Threads.

timothevs

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2007
FL
Woo hoo! Another reason to look forward to Friday. It is a userland JB too, so it should be untethered. But do backup your SHSHs people. Unless of course saurik has Cydia doing that.

bibbz

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2010
I can't wait to see all the cool things you'll be able to do with the 30pin to USB adapter!

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I sense Pirate iPad Apps around the corner :mad:

Jailbreaking isn't all about pirated apps. My phone is jail broken and i don't have any pirated apps myself. For me it's about control. Something Apple doesn't want us to have.

kultschar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2010
Jailbreaking isn't all about pirated apps. My phone is jail broken and i don't have any pirated apps myself. For me it's about control. Something Apple doesn't want us to have.

Im well aware of this but the inevitable is bound to happen!!!!!!

kultschar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2010
I can't wait to see all the cool things you'll be able to do with the 30pin to USB adapter!

Now if we could plug in a USB HD for uploading docs and even better DOWNLOADING files from Safari / torrents etc then things will get really cool and I can ditch my Macbook Air!

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Im well aware of this but the inevitable is bound to happen!!!!!!

It does suck. I have a huge amount of respect for iPhone, iPod, and ipad developers but jail breaking gives us some of the things apple never did or did not for years.

mrzeve

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
Why do I want it? Two major reasons:

- So I can have multitasking, NOW, not in September.
- So I can have task bar notifications for my Email, Push Notifications, and Calendar alerts, something my first Nokia (the first one that had Snake) did but my iPhone and my iPad dont.

Its little things like these that make them enjoyable for me. Not everyone pirates software.

kultschar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2010
It does suck. I have a huge amount of respect for iPhone, iPod, and ipad developers but jail breaking gives us some of the things apple never did or did not for years.

I guess it pays off to get your apps out for early launch, imagine iWorks suite etc will be heavily downloaded once cracked and a fair bit of revenue lost for developers. Maybe Apple have upped up security with their development kits against pirates.

One thing that dawned on me yesterday is that I have already spent more on iPad apps then I did for the last 3 years on iPhone apps.

I never felt I was getting my moneys worth with games etc for the iPhone but with the bigger screen and faster chip I feel the iPad brings apps to a much bigger level and I feel I am getting value for my money. I feel more engaged, more impressed visually and sonically. I also feel it now gives handheld game devices a run for their money!!

kultschar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2010
Why do I want it? Two major reasons:

- So I can have multitasking, NOW, not in September.
- So I can have task bar notifications for my Email, Push Notifications, and Calendar alerts, something my first Nokia (the first one that had Snake) did but my iPhone and my iPad dont.

Its little things like these that make them enjoyable for me. Not everyone pirates software.

I forgot about taskbar notifications, surely OS 4.0 will take advantage of this missing feature

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
Honestly I think the jb'ers are just enjoying messing with people now because of all the whining that's been going on, and I've given up trying to guess. I think the demand is beginning to outstrip their patience or something. That said, I need the next iPhone jb badly so I can wifi my iPad. Got stuck with unbreakable firmware out of the box. /twitter

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.