Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sinfire

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2010
Along with the pirating comes the iPad viruses.

Is it really worth jail breaking an iPad if you are just going to put yourself at risk of having your valuable information stolen ?

kepner

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2003

Are you referring to the iKee worm(s)? That only affected folks who had OpenSSH installed, and left the default root password in place. That could've been prevented by common sense. If you're going to allow SSH access to your device, then change the root (and mobile) password. (I think Cydia should force users to do this to prevent this exploit from being used again.)

Also, not all jailbreakers are pirates.

Is it really worth jail breaking an iPad if you are just going to put yourself at risk of having your valuable information stolen ?

Yes.

vertigo78

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2008
Sinfire said:

Are you using a computer right now? Yes, then you are at risk of getting a virus. Do you use email, facebook, or any cloud service? Yes, then you are at risk of getting your information stolen.

Love Juice

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2008
arcsbite said:
for the whiners saying that jailbreaking is all about the piracy, all I can say is for a guy that has already imported an iPad and spent more on Apps than on the iPad itself jailbreaking mean

• Multitasking, the real way, not apple in fall 4.0 way
  • statusbar notifications
  • winterboard mods (can't wait to shrink down the icons and get more outta my homescreens
    [*]MyWi sharing to tether to my 3GS
False. You only need to have a jb iPhone. It basically turns your phone into a wifi hotspot. The iPad just sees it as a wireless network to connect to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.