Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
lol, gonna wait a year or more, ok

Depending on the situation, waiting might be a better option. If I already had an iPad mini 5, I’d also wait.

I was planning on upgrading from my 2017 Pro 12.9 512GB to a 1TB model and I waited until I felt there were enough improvements to justify the much higher price tag. Very happy with that choice. The 2021 Pro 1TB M1+16GB is super snappy and feels like it would have very good longevity.

Crow_Servo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2018
America
Depending on the situation, waiting might be a better option. If I already had an iPad mini 5, I’d also wait.

I was planning on upgrading from my 2017 Pro 12.9 512GB to a 1TB model and I waited until I felt there were enough improvements to justify the much higher price tag. Very happy with that choice. The 2021 Pro 1TB M1+16GB is super snappy and feels like it would have very good longevity.
Yeah, I'm mostly worried about the current 4GB RAM of the Mini 6. I'd hate to regret my purchase, considering I already have a 4GB Air 4. I'd like to go from a cellular Air 4 to a combo of WiFi Pro 12.9 and cellular Mini, but I want them all to be fully capable for years to come.

IJBrekke

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2009
Long Beach, CA
Offer 128GB as the base storage and fix the jelly scroll in portrait mode (like the Mini 5.) Added RAM and Promotion display would be great, but the Mini is not about heavy lifting, it’s about hyper-convenient content consumption. I’ll pay up if the first two things get updated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.