Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I definitely don't need one but I would still buy it as I've had every generation of mini and it's my favourite iPad form factor. I honestly don't care about pro motion on the iPad mini. All I would want is Face ID.

Reactions: alien3dx

Funny Apple Man

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2022
Hamburger Land
I was surprised when the M1 can be put in an 11 inch iPad Pro and an iPad Air, which is quite impressive that they cram that chip inside an iPad. I don't know about the iPad mini though, not sure if they'll put an M1(especially an M2 with the higher power consumption) inside it. I can see it eating up the small battery pretty quick.

phrehdd

macrumors 601
Oct 25, 2008
I was surprised when the M1 can be put in an 11 inch iPad Pro and an iPad Air, which is quite impressive that they cram that chip inside an iPad. I don't know about the iPad mini though, not sure if they'll put an M1(especially an M2 with the higher power consumption) inside it. I can see it eating up the small battery pretty quick.
I was thinking on a similar line and figured if they tried it, the mini would have to be likely a bit larger or thicker (or both).

EnigmaticZee

macrumors regular
May 31, 2022
Lalaland
Yes please Apple.
Slimmer bezel, 8.5" - 9" screen size and 120hz, M1/M2 chip and 8gb of ram.

iPad (non-Pro) is not a bad size but it's a budget tablet.
iPad Pro 11 is too big. iPad Mini is almost the best thing ever, just a tiny bigger size and even higher end specs would be great.
It's great for gaming and while A15 is very high end and beats even top Snapdragon, it still isn't able to max out Diablo Immortal since it does sometimes have fps drops.

I'd pay the same amount of money for it as for a similar specced yet larger screen iPad Pro. And I'm Android person!

This is not going to happen. There is a tradeoff, you want all these features...you will need to sacrifice portability!

EnigmaticZee

macrumors regular
May 31, 2022
Lalaland
They might put an M1 chip in and throttle it down. Heat problem minimized.

I mean M1 will come to mini sooner or later but these pro features will most definitely not making not mini anytime soon partly it is impractical for the size promotion will definitely be a battery killer!

Last edited:
Reactions: phrehdd
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.