Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lsquare

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
I'm surprised by the lack of threads on this subjects. Which screen protector are you guys using? I'm looking for one with a good fit and crystal clear look.

maniac886

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2012
I have purchased the SPIGEN SGP Ultra Crystal Screen Protector,managed to install it bubble free and it really provides great clarity.

It is on the expensive side at £16.99 but it is worth it IMO.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
I had a screen film on my first iPad and haven't had one on 2,3 and 4. Unless you're putting it on for glare or privacy, you don't need it really for protection, as the pads are glass. I put one on my iPhone because my iPhone goes in my pocket and hits my keys , but my iPad is pretty much protected just because I use it differently. You really don't need a protector at all on iPad unless you're slightly paranoid or in extreme environments. But if you must, the power players are steinheil from Spiegen and Power Support.

Last edited:

klover

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
I have purchased the SPIGEN SGP Ultra Crystal Screen Protector,managed to install it bubble free and it really provides great clarity.

It is on the expensive side at £16.99 but it is worth it IMO.

Ordered the same one. Price is high but there are too many Ebay/Amazon $9 protectors that end up being a waste of money.

jm5309

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2010
I always use Power Support anti-glare, but there's nothing about iPad Mini even on their website yet. The fingerprints and glare are really getting to me, not to mention the slippery feel of the glass, so I'll probably order a cheap one from amazon until something better comes along.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
Is there any screen protectors for privacy out yet?

On another note, my wife has a crystal clear iPad 3 screen protector, I believe she said it came with her case, but it is extremely smooth and looks awesome. She even went out and bought the zagg invisible shield and just hasn't installed it yet, no reason to. If I could find out what brand her's is, I'd buy it for the Mini.

pommie82

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2011
uk
I bought a invisable shield protector the day the launch of the iPad mini its been great so far and it protects from glare too which will be great in the summer month and looking at the screen

Dstopsie

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
LOS ANGELES BABY!!
I always use Power Support anti-glare, but there's nothing about iPad Mini even on their website yet. The fingerprints and glare are really getting to me, not to mention the slippery feel of the glass, so I'll probably order a cheap one from amazon until something better comes along.

It is on their parent company's Japanese website. So it's coming for the US. I called power support in Burbank and they said it's coming out they just didn't have a release date but I imagine since it's appearing on their parent companies website in Japan it should be coming here fairly soon

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
i dont believe in screen protector, especially for a tablet. Space too big to clean out fingerprint, make me headache. If you drop it on something or drop something on it. A tiny piece of plastic will not protect it from anything except glare.

i7QuadCoreMania

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2009
get the sgp one, I have it on my mini, and iphone 5, had it on my Note as well.

Best Screen Protector out there. cheaper ones (clarivue) which I have for my Nexus 7 has terrible rainbow effect really annoying...

SGP is pricey but the cutouts are spot on and the quality and clarity is top notch.

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
Tech armor. Cheap, great quality and really easy to apply.

Saw those on Amazon... is really that good? My mini is en route and I was really thinking about it.

I feel ipads dont need a screen protector if you are using a smart cover or portfolio type case. I never had a problem with my ipad 1 sans screen protector.

I might just install one to protect my investment as god knows we will all be on line purchasing a mini retina within a year :D

steve dave

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2010
Saw those on Amazon... is really that good? My mini is en route and I was really thinking about it.

I feel ipads dont need a screen protector if you are using a smart cover or portfolio type case. I never had a problem with my ipad 1 sans screen protector.

I might just install one to protect my investment as god knows we will all be on line purchasing a mini retina within a year :D
I believe the use of a Smart Cover actually caused a scratch on my ipad 2 screen. I have used the tech armor protectors on several different devices and they are well worth the low cost. You can't tell they are there and they don't seem to scratch very easily.

Giuly

macrumors 68040
I've had SGP protectors on all of my devices, and I never have had a problem with them. I use the Ultra Crystal, and it offers both great clarity and scratch resistance from keys and change in your pocket etc.
Which one is of course a matter of taste, the screen protector itself has 3 different versions for the iPad Mini available: Ultra Crystal, Ultra Fine and Ultra Optics.
comparison_chart_5.jpg

Then there is the GLAS.t, which is a thin piece of glass that is glued on top of the screen, offering the same characteristics as the glass of the iPad itself, but being disposable and replaceable.

If you want full body protection, SGP IncredibleShield comes in four different versions: The glossy Ultra Coat for the WiFi-only and LTE models, as well as the Ultra Matte for WiFi-only and LTE. All kits include the Ultra Crystal screen protector, just the back and sides differ.

Last edited:

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
I just got the Moshi screen protector and love it! I've never had an issue putting any screen protectors on our iPhones in the past... but for some reason the first two I tried on the mini were horrid (both from companies I had success with in the past!)

The Moshi went on quickly an easily! Not a single bubble.... not a speck of dust.... not a flaw at all!

I bought the clear version....

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I usually opt for the ghost armor for my iToys. They have a kiosk outside my local apple store and so its a no brainer. When I opted for the iPad mini ghost armor, I was surprised it has a different feel. I'll have to wait and see if it holds up like the others.

Lend27

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2004
I just got the Moshi screen protector and love it! I've never had an issue putting any screen protectors on our iPhones in the past... but for some reason the first two I tried on the mini were horrid (both from companies I had success with in the past!)

The Moshi went on quickly an easily! Not a single bubble.... not a speck of dust.... not a flaw at all!

I bought the clear version....

Another vote for the Moshi.
I tried to install the SGP but too difficult. Messed it up. Bubbles everywhere.
The Moshi goes on easy......even I can do it! :D

DK1ng

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2011
Seattle
Got the SGP Ultra Matte Incredible Shield today and installed it just now. Install didn't go too bad. Front went on flawlessly, back was a little harder but looks perfect now. Love it

Scooteriderhd

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2012
Scree Protection

I have the Zagg on both my iPads, no glare,no scratches, LIFETIME REPLACEMENT, How can you go wrong? I want whatever protection I can get

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.