Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors member
Original poster
May 14, 2018
What's going on in iOS 11.4 ?

My iPad Pro 10.5 needs 2-3 times longer time to start compared to previous version.

EDIT: The boot time of iPhone 7 didn't change.

Last edited:

oldmacs

macrumors 601
Sep 14, 2010
Australia
11.4 is rubbish. My iPad Pro 10.5 has gone back to jitter and lag. Can't believe they could stuff it up this bad with the specs the iPad Pro has.

Superhappytree

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2015
Cumbria
11.4 is rubbish. My iPad Pro 10.5 has gone back to jitter and lag. Can't believe they could stuff it up this bad with the specs the iPad Pro has.

All versions of iOS 11 suffer from jitter and lag on the iPad Pros. iOS 10.3.3 still had this but it was way smoother than all versions of 11 by comparison. All I want is iOS 6 levels of smoothess and stability back, only then will the 120Hz refresh rate be fully taken advantage of. This can only be done in software because as has been evident; throwing powerful hardware at crappy software still results in stutter. I can only hope that iOS 12 mitigates this, key word being "hope" there. Apple's software as of late has caused me to lack confidence in them, so I'll be tuning into WWDC expecting the worst to avoid disappointment. I will then wait for the beta to drop to see for myself if the smoothness is really back. If it isn't then I'm switching over to Windows and Android because I'm not standing another year of it.

Last edited:

oldmacs

macrumors 601
Sep 14, 2010
Australia
All versions of iOS 11 suffer from jitter and lag on the iPad Pros. iOS 10.3.3 still had this but it was way smoother than all versions of 11 by comparison. All I want is iOS 6 levels of smoothess and stability back, only then will the 120Hz refresh rate be fully taken advantage of. This can only be done in software because as has been evident; throwing powerful hardware at crappy software still results in stutter. I can only hope that iOS 12 mitigates this, key word being "hope" there. Apple's software as of late has caused me to lack confidence in them, so I'll be tuning into WWDC expecting the worst to avoid disappointment. I will then wait for the beta to drop to see for myself if the smoothness is really back. If it isn't then I'm switching over to Windows and Android because I'm not standing another year of it.

Yep. 10.3.3 wasn't perfect but it was pretty good. I bought the Pro because of the beautiful 120hz refresh rate, and to have it jitter and lag, sucks. I did find 11.3 to be pretty good though, seemed the smoothest of all iOS 11 versions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.