Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Newgoblin49

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 29, 2024
Guys , I’ve bought the iPad Pro M2 11” and I’m baffled with how bad the screen response time is. While you scroll motion blur kicks in and it induces a lot of nausea. I’ve looked it up and a lot of other users found it unusable too with that amount of motion blur its got.

NotebookCheck a website that does in-depth reviews of products found it to have a worse response time than 99% of the other devices they have tested. This should change with the OLED iPad Pro coming out this month but I am still baffled Apple sells it this way.

• Haha
Reactions: crazynewf7

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
Yea, I have to agree on what @Ctrlos write, I have the M1 (think its the same screen) and haven't thought about it. Not sure my old 10.5 pro was the same. Is promotion turned off or on?
Also, are there other tablets that handles this much better or does the 12.9 differ from the 11"?

Reactions: LoveToMacRumors

Newgoblin49

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 29, 2024
Yea, I have to agree on what @Ctrlos write, I have the M1 (think its the same screen) and haven't thought about it. Not sure my old 10.5 pro was the same. Is promotion turned off or on?
Also, are there other tablets that handles this much better or does the 12.9 differ from the 11"?
I don’t think it bothers as many people as it should, honestly expected far better from Apple. Can’t use it to read , it’s that nauseating. I guess I will sell this and buy the M3 iPad Pro when it arrives next month .

Also , I did try the Galaxy tab since someone who mentioned this issue on Reddit talked about selling his iPad Pro to buy one. The response time on that was Incredible, Even far better than the iPhone‘s. There was no trailing text at all. I cant imagine a better response time than that , if it does improve it would be indiscernible. I don’t see my self using a Samsung though, even if it has the better display the UI , OS and Size are just obnoxious.

Last edited:

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I don’t think it bothers as many people as it should. I honestly expected far better from Apple. I genuinely can’t use it to read , it’s that nauseating. I guess I will sell this and buy the M3 iPad Pro when it arrives next month .

Also , I did try the Galaxy tab since someone who mentioned this issue on Reddit talked about selling his iPad Pro to buy one. The response time on that was Incredible, Even far better than the iPhone‘s. There was no trailing text at all. I cant imagine a better a response time than that , if it does improve it would be indiscernible.

"Should"? If it doesn't bother you, it is not an issue of concern to you. I'm not going to be bothered by it because you are - I don't see it as a problem.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Oh good grief, are you kidding me? The Pros have some of the best LCD tablet screens out there. Only OLEDs are better. And the MiniLED on the 12.9. People stop needing to be so sensitive. If a Pro is causing motion sickness, see a doctor, because that is not normal.

Don't mean to go off, but the complaining about every little thing is getting tiresome. First it was the 12.9 blooming. Then the Mini jelly. Now the 11 doesn't suit people. I can't wait for the M3 OLEDs to come out and see what people complain about with that one.

erikkfi

macrumors 68000
May 19, 2017
Oh good grief, are you kidding me? The Pros have some of the best LCD tablet screens out there. Only OLEDs are better. And the MiniLED on the 12.9. People stop needing to be so sensitive. If a Pro is causing motion sickness, see a doctor, because that is not normal.

Don't mean to go off, but the complaining about every little thing is getting tiresome. First it was the 12.9 blooming. Then the Mini jelly. Now the 11 doesn't suit people. I can't wait for the M3 OLEDs to come out and see what people complain about with that one.
Well, they're thin, so we'll hear lots about how they could've had bigger batteries if Apple had a clue. Brace yourself for ten million comments about PWM sensitivity, too.

One thing I would be slightly unhappy about is if the rumors about a change to the aspect ratio come true. The latest CAD renders suggest the iPad is getting wider by a nontrivial amount, and it's not clear why that would happen.

klasma

macrumors 603
Jun 8, 2017
This sounds a bit like the iPad mini 6 screen appeared to me, and I mean disregarding the jelly scrolling.

klasma

macrumors 603
Jun 8, 2017
One thing I would be slightly unhappy about is if the rumors about a change to the aspect ratio come true. The latest CAD renders suggest the iPad is getting wider by a nontrivial amount, and it's not clear why that would happen.
I prefer less narrow aspect ratios as well, but the difference seems negligible (green new, blue old):

1709232919505.png

Wags

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2006
Nebraska, USA

Don't mean to go off, but the complaining about every little thing is getting tiresome. First it was the 12.9 blooming. Than the Mini jelly. Now the 11 doesn't suit people. I can't wait for the M3 OLEDs to come out and see what people complain about with that one.
I Should have even open this thread but did. OP opened account at 541 and posted 542. Trolling for something.

Yourbigpalal83

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2015
Are you kidding me with this nonsense? Seriously? First off...i'll give you this...the ipad mini 6 (My current ipad) yes, the jellyscrolling is noticeable WHEN YOU LOOK FOR IT! It shouldent have passed Quality Control but it did. BUT its no worse then say a hair or air bubble trapped beneath a screen protector. Its not perfect, but its not a defect in the sense like a defective screen with distortion or dead pixels.

I had the ipad pro 11inch M2. I got major OCD, i notice problems and defects even though i dont go looking for them. Believe me i have returned plenty of products in my day cause of minor defects.

I NEVER ONCE noticed this motion blur issue the OP posted about and for my money the 11 inch pro is the best ipad on the market CURRENTLY.

I went with the 11 pro instead of the 12.9 because i did notice the blooming IN STORE On the 12.9 and while it is a limit of the technology and not technically a defect, i watch alot of space stuff, and in a star field scene i would notice that and i knew maybe its best i go with the 11inch which does not have that problem, and save a few bucks along the way...so i lose out on HDR...big deal...as i tend to find HDR hit or miss depending on how its used.

I sold my 11 inch sadly last year just before the halloween event thinking then we would get new ipads, and low and behold i felt like a major idiot, but held off on re buying one because i figured might as well wait for the OLED models next month.

If i can, i hope to get me a 12.9 inch OLED along with the magic keyboard and new pencil and use it as a laptop. I am concerned with how thin the device might be and if it will bend, but samsung has an even thinner oled tablet with the Ultra 9 that doesnt bend so i have faith that apple can and will do the same!

only time will tell. But a bending ipad thats not supposed to bed with normal use is a issue, its a design flaw. A jellyscrolling mini screen is an oversight. this...is just nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking!

• Angry
Reactions: Shirasaki

Newgoblin49

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 29, 2024
I Should have even open this thread but did. OP opened account at 541 and posted 542. Trolling for something.
I obviously made an account just to post this thread to see if others have faced that . How is that trolling ?

Newgoblin49

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 29, 2024
Are you kidding me with this nonsense? Seriously? First off...i'll give you this...the ipad mini 6 (My current ipad) yes, the jellyscrolling is noticeable WHEN YOU LOOK FOR IT! It shouldent have passed Quality Control but it did. BUT its no worse then say a hair or air bubble trapped beneath a screen protector. Its not perfect, but its not a defect in the sense like a defective screen with distortion or dead pixels.

I had the ipad pro 11inch M2. I got major OCD, i notice problems and defects even though i dont go looking for them. Believe me i have returned plenty of products in my day cause of minor defects.

I NEVER ONCE noticed this motion blur issue the OP posted about and for my money the 11 inch pro is the best ipad on the market CURRENTLY.

I went with the 11 pro instead of the 12.9 because i did notice the blooming IN STORE On the 12.9 and while it is a limit of the technology and not technically a defect, i watch alot of space stuff, and in a star field scene i would notice that and i knew maybe its best i go with the 11inch which does not have that problem, and save a few bucks along the way...so i lose out on HDR...big deal...as i tend to find HDR hit or miss depending on how its used.

I sold my 11 inch sadly last year just before the halloween event thinking then we would get new ipads, and low and behold i felt like a major idiot, but held off on re buying one because i figured might as well wait for the OLED models next month.

If i can, i hope to get me a 12.9 inch OLED along with the magic keyboard and new pencil and use it as a laptop. I am concerned with how thin the device might be and if it will bend, but samsung has an even thinner oled tablet with the Ultra 9 that doesnt bend so i have faith that apple can and will do the same!

only time will tell. But a bending ipad thats not supposed to bed with normal use is an issue, its a design flaw. A jellyscrolling mini screen is an oversight. this...is just nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking!
Look up iPad Pro 11 motion blur , you will see there are a descent number of folks who suffer with it .

I guess it’s a matter of perspective , the blooming issue doesn’t really bother me

mystery hill

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2021
The new models with OLED should be released soon, so you won’t have to wait too long.

Do you use an OLED monitor or Windows laptop? MacBooks have a similar response time as iPads.

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Look up iPad Pro 11 motion blur , you will see there are a descent number of folks who suffer with it .

I guess it’s a matter of perspective , the blooming issue doesn’t really bother me
If you can't stand it, just return it (if you can) and get one of the upcoming M3 iPad Pro with OLED screen.

I have an M2 iPad Pro, and I love it, but I am very used to Apple's LCD screens, as I cannot tolerate OLED screens, especially Apple ones. Yes, it might be a bit blurry (sometimes it varies a bit from unit to unit), but I am so used to it, even since the 2018 iPad Pro, that I don't notice it.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA

Exactly, just as your issue is a matter of perspective. Blooming "should" bother you as you say everyone should be bothered by your issue.

• Angry
Reactions: Shirasaki

blkjedi954

Suspended
Feb 15, 2012
Florida
I don’t think it bothers as many people as it should, honestly expected far better from Apple. Can’t use it to read , it’s that nauseating. I guess I will sell this and buy the M3 iPad Pro when it arrives next month .

Also , I did try the Galaxy tab since someone who mentioned this issue on Reddit talked about selling his iPad Pro to buy one. The response time on that was Incredible, Even far better than the iPhone‘s. There was no trailing text at all. I cant imagine a better response time than that , if it does improve it would be indiscernible. I don’t see my self using a Samsung though, even if it has the better display the UI , OS and Size are just obnoxious.
Samsung plant, I suspect..lol

klasma

macrumors 603
Jun 8, 2017
Where's the blue one? I don't see it!

If the change is THAT minimal, well, who cares. I thought it would be more noticeable.
The new dimensions are 2 mm wider and 1 mm shorter. The change is less than 1% in either direction.

BanjoDudeAhoy

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2020
I obviously made an account just to post this thread to see if others have faced that .
Whenever I try to see if others experience something, I put a question somewhere along the lines of, "Is anyone else seeing this?" or "Is it just me?" :p

But honestly, if it bothers you this much, I assume you're still in the return period, no? Just return it. Apple are apparently quite good with the "no questions asked" thing.
If you kept it beyond the return period despite it bothering you... well, then selling is your only option, I guess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.