Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Digitalguy

macrumors 601
Apr 15, 2019
Yeah that’s always been a downside of the Samsung tablets, along with the inferior palm rejection, although they may have fixed that one in the last one.

Also some of the older version had pretty low speedometer scores so the felt less fast (I think the S8 lineup fixed that)

My M4 has 616 score in Speedometer 2.0
They haven't solve it but there are now third party apps that solve the issue

Reactions: Isengardtom

DeepSix

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2022
I have an M1 12.9 and bought an Ultra 9 (I'm an old Android guy and wanted to try it again with the large screen) but I returned the Ultra as the screen reflectivity in other than a dark room was too severe for my taste.

Im surprised no reviews have mentioned that the S9 Ultra has a reflective screen. That's too bad. The ipad pro screen is pretty bad too, I just got used to it.

DeepSix

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2022
Too heavy yes, but the kickstand for me solves the issue and makes holding for moving around more comfortable than the iPad pro

Which kickstand case are you using on your s9 ultra? I did a search and Im shocked by the lack of kickstand cases for it. Im surprised Logitech doesn't offer any.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
Im surprised no reviews have mentioned that the S9 Ultra has a reflective screen. That's too bad. The ipad pro screen is pretty bad too, I just got used to it.

I put the two screens side by side - Ultra & M1 12.9 - and the iPad was heads and above better. For me, it was an easy return.

DeepSix

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2022
I put the two screens side by side - Ultra & M1 12.9 - and the iPad was heads and above better. For me, it was an easy return.

So you would have kept the S9 Ultra if it wasn't for the reflective screen? I never noticed this on the S8 Ultra. Im guessing ipads use different glass.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
So you would have kept the S9 Ultra if it wasn't for the reflective screen? I never noticed this on the S8 Ultra. Im guessing ipads use different glass.

Likely. I was an Android power user, working custom ROMS, etc. so it had additional appeal to me but the display was a big draw. But it was much like my 12.9 when I tried a glass protector on it - I could clearly see my face mirrored in dark areas of the display. In the dark, the reflectivity was not an issue of course but I rarely use my devices like that. I am in no way denigrating the Ultra - it's a nice device that just didn't work for me. The iPad Pro does have an anti-reflective coating that works well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.