Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rowspaxe

macrumors 68020
Jan 29, 2010
You are correct. There is a chronic shortage of a quantity of quality touch-optimized Modern UI apps for Windows tablets. My first-hand experience with the Surface confirms what you anticipate your experience might be.

Microsoft app ecosystem unlikely to expand anytime soon. Likewise, don't hold your breath for pro apps on the ipad pro. Its a stand off.

rowspaxe

macrumors 68020
Jan 29, 2010
Ha! I have an SP3 that's been my runabout for the last year or so. But since I bought a rMB about a month ago, it's been gathering dust. Also just went into the store and compare the iPP to the rMB, and the rMB is so much more practical.
Hows that rMB pen functionality working for you? I see similar posts to this scores of times--its the pen that is driving the issue

whodatrr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2004
Ha! Perhaps it's due to my horrible penmanship, or my lack of artistic talent, but I never got pens. The stylus on my SP4 mostly gathers dust, unless my kids are using it. My kids adore the pen!!!

Hows that rMB pen functionality working for you? I see similar posts to this scores of times--its the pen that is driving the issue

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.