Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Has your 11” or 12.9” iPad Pro bent?

• Yes

Votes: 55 25.6%
  • No

Votes: 160 74.4%

• Total voters

pdoherty

macrumors 65816
Dec 30, 2014
If you're able to provide evidence of the 2 bent iPads (pictures, videos, etc), then please do so. :)
Has something changed, structurally, on the 2020 iPad Pro? I don’t think it has. I see no reason to be skeptical that the same issue that plagued the previous models plagues this model when they use the same case.

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
Has something changed, structurally, on the 2020 iPad Pro? I don’t think it has. I see no reason to be skeptical that the same issue that plagued the previous models plagues this model when they use the same case.
I'm still going to remain skeptical until I can actually see evidence of the two bent iPad Pros.

pdoherty

macrumors 65816
Dec 30, 2014
I'm still going to remain skeptical until I can actually see evidence of the two bent iPad Pros.

You misunderstand.

There’s a known issue of iPad Pros bending (all models).

The 2020s appear the same in all physical characteristics.

Therefore it’s reasonable to suspect (absent evidence to the contrary) that they’ll experience the same problem.

Savannah Terry

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2020
I am about to buy an iPad Pro 12.9
Is it the cellular models that have the bending issues?
It’s not just the cellular models. It’s all the models 11” and 12”. But that was the 3rd gen that had the bending out of the box issue the most. I haven’t heard hardly anything on this years model doing that. I bought the 12.9” 4th gen LTE model and I’m sure it’ll be fine.

Reactions: Lsmachado

Corallus

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2019
Coming back to this thread nearly 2 years after posting my initial 11" 2018 pro was slightly bent.
Just had my upgrade to 2020 12.9 pro and it's noticeably bent out the box on the top and bottom edges. The bend again is at the point of the antenna bands.

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
Coming back to this thread nearly 2 years after posting my initial 11" 2018 pro was slightly bent.
Just had my upgrade to 2020 12.9 pro and it's noticeably bent out the box on the top and bottom edges. The bend again is at the point of the antenna bands.
did you buy the wifi model?

pdoherty

macrumors 65816
Dec 30, 2014
In dubio pro reo before anyone has facts.
Don’ we have people, throughout this thread, who have unresponsive screens and no bending? I’m one of them with not only the first 12.9 Pro with no bending and unresponsive screen, but the replacement 12.9 ended up the same after 6 months.

What would you even accept as “facts” on this issue, considering Apple pretends it isn’t happening? Seems like dissembling/fallacious attempt to ignore the issue on your part.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Don’ we have people, throughout this thread, who have unresponsive screens and no bending? I’m one of them with not only the first 12.9 Pro with no bending and unresponsive screen, but the replacement 12.9 ended up the same after 6 months.

What would you even accept as “facts” on this issue, considering Apple pretends it isn’t happening? Seems like dissembling/fallacious attempt to ignore the issue on your part.

I am not arguing that unresponsive screens happen. I’m expressing that unless you have facts these two issues are not necessarily related.

Reactions: djlythium

TheAnvil

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2013
Uh. Just got an iPad Pro 11 WiFi and it is ever so slightly twisted right out of the box. Super disappointing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.